Rumored NU position coach Brent Brennan - Stayed at OSU

Wow! smh...but make sure we get Coach Read here, right? Let's throw some money at Brennan.

Maybe someone else is throwing money at him to go elsewhere.
"Resources are not the question here at Nebraska" - Eichorst
"Not everyone wants to coach at Nebraska"- StPaulHusker
Corvallis or Lincoln? Yeah, I see your point.
WTF? How do you know he is set to ultimately stay in Corvallis? He is from California. Maybe he is waiting to see if something happens that direction. Maybe his family doesn't want to move to the Midwest. maybe he is going to try to become the OC or HC at OSU. C'mon.
You are exactly right. It's mind-boggling how unrealistic some of our fans are right now. They honestly feel that NU can get whoever we want on our coaching staff. That's now how things work. Look at Riley...he turned down a good USC program on multiple occasions, and it was a personal decision. If Brennan doesn't want to come here, that's his decision.
This is the time to upgrade the staff. It is not unrealistic to expect Coach Riley to look for his best options, particularly if one was already on his staff.
I am starting to think that you just don't get it.

No, I get that not every coach wants to be here (there are job offers that I have had that, based on location, I have not accepted).

Still, what I saw was a staff that earned 9-10 wins per season and 3 appearances in a CCG out of 7 seasons (with a divisional T-1st another year). Now, if that was not good enough for most of HuskerNation (including myself, though I remained supportive throughout Bo's tenure), why are we now willing to settle at the start of a new HC tenure? If anything, this is the time that we set the bar as high as we expect it to be. #Entitled #IFinallyGotToUsThatHashTag

Brennan is Riley's guy. Who else should we expect him to be able to convince to come?

1. Sometimes it's not about the money.

2. He has a young family and maybe doesn't want to uproot if he doesn't have to.

3. He has only lived, played, and coached in the PAC12 footprint. Perhaps he wants to stay there.

4. Could it be he isn't coming here because he has been looking for or offered a job in said footprint?

5. Maybe he doesn't like the fact that Riley left and doesn't want to follow him.

I could go on and on. Sometimes it's not the HC fault for not getting the guy he wants to be on the staff. Sometimes it's the other coach.

dedhoarse

I already said I see your point. However, our standards are obviously different.