Spring Game under Coach Riley

TGHusker

This is a bit early perhaps to discuss, but in light of the coaching change there are 2 big events to look forward towards in the near future: Signing Day and the Spring game

With the change in leadership, what do you want to see different in the spring game?

Me:

1. I'd like to see a 1st team D playing against a 1st team O. This will tell us the true strength of each. Alternate the 2nd team and 3rd teams in between.

2. I'd like to see Johnny Stanton playing wt the 1st team

3. Solid tackling - the D playing the run better

4. Randy Gregory - playing not preparing for D day

5. Adam Taylor - on 1st team helping us forget AA

6. No Kool Aid - just honest assessment

7. Players excited to play for NU

8. Discipline - no fumbles, no OL penalties

9. No injures

10. A solid offensive identity

• Fire 1

This is a bit early perhaps to discuss, but in light of the coaching change there are 2 big events to look forward towards in the near future: Signing Day and the Spring game

With the change in leadership, what do you want to see different in the spring game?

Me:

1. I'd like to see a 1st team D playing against a 1st team O. This will tell us the true strength of each. Alternate the 2nd team and 3rd teams in between.

9. No injures

Can't wait to see this guy. I was heartbroken when he went down with injury in the fall camp just days before the season started. A lot of people have forgotten about him since we haven't seen him for two years (redshirt year + injury year). I think he might just be the next great Husker I-back.

Me:

9. No injures

Can't wait to see this guy. I was heartbroken when he went down with injury in the fall camp just days before the season started. A lot of people have forgotten about him since we haven't seen him for two years (redshirt year + injury year). I think he might just be the next great Husker I-back.

I agree 100%. I think he will place a lot of distance between himself and the other backs. Hopefully, the new OC won't use Cross on runs around the ends - talk about now knowing your player's limitations!

I think Imani is going to have a nice role in the offense. But he HAS to get back to the proper mentality. Understanding what he is. He's a thumper back. He's not a lateral running scat back. And there's no good in trying to be. He's a thumper. The sooner he gets back to understanding that, and playing the necessary intensity for that, the better he'll be.