New NU Director for Football Operations Dan Van De Riet

Another vote for keeping Jamrog around. Give him some BS new title and stick him in the recruiting dept. He makes a difference with the walk-ons.

Please get him to like wash uniforms or something. I heard a rumor he might get back into coaching and come to UNK...I do not want that.

I don't know about anyone else, but for some reason, my gut finds it a little disconcerting that we are, kind of, a NU/OSU program personnel merger at this point.

Is this far from the norm? Where a coach brings in this many people from the same program? It strikes me as odd that he hasn't hired anyone outside of his comfort zone yet.

I hope I'm wrong and that all these pieces will only make Riley and staff better.

5 people isn't a.merger.

Umm... a head coach, 4 of his assistants, the director of football operations and the director of player personnel certainly approaches merger territory.

So 6(not counting HC) of like 16(maybe more) total positions in the football area are a merger. Child.... Please.

Are we not only allowed 9 position coaches (including HC)? the others are graduate assistants. so.. 5 of the 9 slots are filled with OSU coaches.. doubt there will be much of a merger tho.. seems like none of the current staff will be retained.

I don't know about anyone else, but for some reason, my gut finds it a little disconcerting that we are, kind of, a NU/OSU program personnel merger at this point.

Is this far from the norm? Where a coach brings in this many people from the same program? It strikes me as odd that he hasn't hired anyone outside of his comfort zone yet.

I hope I'm wrong and that all these pieces will only make Riley and staff better.

5 people isn't a.merger.

Umm... a head coach, 4 of his assistants, the director of football operations and the director of player personnel certainly approaches merger territory.

So 6(not counting HC) of like 16(maybe more) total positions in the football area are a merger. Child.... Please.

Are we not only allowed 9 position coaches (including HC)? the others are graduate assistants. so.. 5 of the 9 slots are filled with OSU coaches.. doubt there will be much of a merger tho.. seems like none of the current staff will be retained.

Travesty if Brown let go

If the team shows up for its first road game and they don't have a hotel to stay in...then I will worry about these worker bees that have been hired.

As for Jamrog...no...there is nothing concrete against him...some people dislike him cause he cracked on BC a few times...some dislike him because he looks like a goofball and some dislike him because he is always on the sidelines and stuff like that. But, there is no real reason to dislike the guy.

I don't care if he stays or goes

• Fire 1

5 people isn't a.merger.

Travesty if Brown let go

We will see, but I heard last year he was thinking of retiring.

I worked on several projects with Jeff Jamrog- he is a stand up guy and follows through- beyond the call of duty was my personal experience

He is also an accomplished coach and has done an outstanding job with the walk on program

The High School coaches in the state like him, it would be a shame to see him go

I worked on several projects with Jeff Jamrog- he is a stand up guy and follows through- beyond the call of duty was my personal experience

He is also an accomplished coach and has done an outstanding job with the walk on program

The High School coaches in the state like him, it would be a shame to see him go

The walk-on program alone is reason enough to keep him. Like I said before, find him a job in the recruiting dept, SE said resources aren't an issue. With this economy and the high cost of education it's hard to get kids to pass on the bird in a hand of a schollie to a D2 school you know you can play at to pay your own way at UNL in hopes of playing on Saturdays. Our walk-on program is damn impressive for this day and age, I say keep the continuity and connections intact.