Avery Moss - updates - 1/9 **readmission denied**

C N Red

If he was told that prior to the winter break that he was going to have a decision (which he has stated several times), that is way more than 5 business days. I'm sure they got back to him within 5 days after the break but they told him they would get back to him prior to the break, that is a big deal and completely inconsiderate and frankly unprofessional. Maybe I hold our administration to a little higher standard than others on this board?

There is a 7+ page thread on here because this is a husker football message board, so most people on here know who Avery Moss is. Most people don't care about his NFL ability, people care because he is a well known public figure in Nebraska. It just so happens that Husker football is followed more in Nebraska than anything else. I could care less if he ever played another down for Nebraska, but what I do believe in is treating people right. At least give the kid an opportunity to go elsewhere. Arturo knew in the summer, that the previous IX coordinator's stipulations wouldn't be enough for Avery to enroll in the spring. So if you are heavily associated with the institution of education (should be empathetic to the mission of educating young people), why in the world would you not tell this kid that there was no chance he would be able to enroll in the spring and allow him to find an opportunity elsewhere. Instead, Arturo strung Avery along, for not only fall semester, but also spring semester (too late to enroll elsewhere).

Avery did something dumb for one night, miscommunication on another. Arturo was negligent for someone of his stature and position in Nebraska's education system not for a day or two, but 5 to 6 months. That is unacceptable.

He couldn't appeal until 1/2/15. It's not up to UNL to tell him "nope" until the appeal is filed.

If Avery was a 3rd string walk-on from Kearney, I would guess this thread doesn't reach page 2.

And they can't give him special treatment and give him his answer or, probably, even start officially considering the appeal (besides, they have other things to do) before the date stated in the ruling. They just can't or they'd leave themselves open to OTHER suits. They didn't string him along any more than a court "strings along" someone who is sent to jail with possibility of parole and is denied parole. On top of that, I would bet a large sum of money that the "all he was asked" stuff merely met conditions for him to be allowed an appeal.

• Fire 1

Reports, has a single person seen these reports? Do we know they truly existed or was it just hope. And as I have heard several times.

LINK

He is not fixed, he has kept his nose clean for a year.

Glad he is gone, wish him luck, hope he has gotten his act together and plays well for the team he ends up on.

And if I remember correctly there was a kid from Missouri kicked off the team for something similar and Oklahoma was going to let him play. Most were against that. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

How do you know he is not fixed?
Would also like to know. And honestly i dont see someone who flashes their schlong or gets naked for a laugh as a lifelong deviant and miscreant. I only really see them making themselves look stupid not traumatizing women, adults, b/c they got an eyeful. Was it dumb? Yes. Was it done to a kid? No. Was it similar to rape? No.

You know what? You try being a young female who has a stranger, a division one college defensive end, make extreme and vulgar sexual advances on you and see if you feel like it's just all a funny game.

• Fire 3

Do any of us know enough of the facts/requirements to actually pass judgement down on either Avery or the university?

Since when has that ever stopped anyone on this board from jumping to conclusions.

It sucks for Avery, but would people really be this mad if it wasnt a football player?

Seems like a crappy deal for Avery, but that is life.

I signed the petition but you are right.. we dont know both sides.

But you signed the petition. #morethanwinning.

• Fire 1

Reports, has a single person seen these reports? Do we know they truly existed or was it just hope. And as I have heard several times.

LINK

He is not fixed, he has kept his nose clean for a year.

Glad he is gone, wish him luck, hope he has gotten his act together and plays well for the team he ends up on.

And if I remember correctly there was a kid from Missouri kicked off the team for something similar and Oklahoma was going to let him play. Most were against that. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

How do you know he is not fixed?
Would also like to know. And honestly i dont see someone who flashes their schlong or gets naked for a laugh as a lifelong deviant and miscreant. I only really see them making themselves look stupid not traumatizing women, adults, b/c they got an eyeful. Was it dumb? Yes. Was it done to a kid? No. Was it similar to rape? No.

You know what? You try being a young female who has a stranger, a division one college defensive end, make extreme and vulgar sexual advances on you and see if you feel like it's just all a funny game.

Did he make extreme and vulgar advances?? I never saw this reported anywhere. Oh...you must have been there and saw it happen.

Many on here keep bringing up sex assault and sex offender. He was charged a with disturbing the peace and public indecency. Two misdemeanors. Continue to cast the first stone all you perfect, holy, and righteous idols of all that is good.

• Fire 2

My guess is the average young black man, it would not have been disturbing the peace. Just my take. He most likely got a break on that just because he is a football player. Those type of things have happened in the past my sheltered friend.

Amazing the kid that is at the center of all this has moved on.

Continue to cast the first stone all you perfect, holy, and righteous idols of all that is good.

What's a "righteous idol"? :huh:

Easily the best wedding cover band out there that plays Billy Idol and Righteous Brothers songs.

Their mixup of "Rebel Yell, Dancing with Myself and Lovin Feelin'" is a panty dropper, you guys.

• Fire 2

Continue to cast the first stone all you perfect, holy, and righteous idols of all that is good.

What's a "righteous idol"? :huh:
Well perfect, holy, and righteous are used as adjectives in this sense and idols is a sarcastic jab at some posters.