Gary Anderson leaves Wisconsin to replace Mike Riley at Oregon State

knapplc

Wiscy really needs to look at themselves at this point and where they wanna be in the pecking order, regardless of their recent success. Two coaches in 2 years have now left for considerably lesser jobs in terms of perception in my opinion. You can only play with fire for so long.

I think Wiscy will be just fine. They had Anderson for a couple of years and pretty much blasted us two years in a row.

He got a raise this year from Wisconsin to bump his pay to $2.2M, and I have to think he was in line for more winning the division. I wonder how much OSU is shelling out here.

Well the lifetime contract golden boy was only getting around 1.5M (lowest in the Pac-12) - so Anderson probably took a pay cut.

OSU doesn't have money just laying around. They are great at one sport that doesn't make money (college baseball)

Here's what I know....

Academic standards makes recruiting difdifficult in Wisconsin. Now couple that with the fact that there was a lot of speculation surrounding Beleima leaving because Wisconsin wasn't willing to give out fair pay raises to keep assistants.

Wiscy football is going down the tube unless they make some serious changes to their philosophy in the admin.

Yeah...have fun recruiting to Corvallis with the golden jewel of Nike money right next door. Oregon has the best facilities now in the nation - they are insane and insanely pampered...and OSU has high school stuff.

Anderson will find out the hard way...like the Durham Bulls trying to sign players over the NY Yankees.

Interesting about this whole coaching carousel..... I wonder if this will be the beginning of the down fall of the Wisconsin program. That would be an ironic and unexpected twist. I hate the badgers, but want to beat them while they are strong.

i always wondered if anderson was going to be able to keep it going. he seemed like a good coach. this is a pretty tough blow for the badgers. but they have to be pretty nervous about their future.