Gary Anderson leaves Wisconsin to replace Mike Riley at Oregon State

knapplc

Alvarez coaching the bowl game makes a lot more sense than most any other AD. Former coach, proven success, knows the program.

It'd be really weird if Eichorst tried this, or any other AD with an administration background. But a coach-turned-AD? Not that odd.

i think the first time it was neat, but now the second time maybe it seems like he has his hands too much on the program? idk.

The seniors asked him to coach. I see nothing wrong with it.

i really was not saying there was anything wrong with it. but i could understand their being the perception that perhaps he is too involved. that is all i am saying.

I think the fact that Alvarez is so close to the players is kinda cool for the fans and players but probably not that cool for the coaches.

So much stuff coming out I don't know whats true and what is just conjecture

Wisconsin's academics standards are too high. Only Illinois has to abide by the same standards in the Big Ten.

Can't get JuCos into Wisconsin most of the time.

Hard to recruit(although his class was as diverse as I've seen)

Andersen missed the West Coast

Alvarez meddles

etc,etc

You have to wonder what is going on here. There is obviously a reason why two coaches in two years leave for what I would consider lesser jobs. I am not one who thinks people after a certain age need to retire. There are many older people who still can do their jobs better than people half their age.

However, sometimes there are people who get to that age and think they have to keep proving something and maybe Barry does that with the football program. Maybe behind the scenes he is one who is still trying to prove to the new HCs that he knows more than they do.

I have absolutely no inside info obviously and this is just speculation. But, I have seen it enough times with older people in the work force to know it does happen.

Here is the bigger thing for me if I'm a Badger fan. Doesn't Barry need to be concentrating on finding a new coach and helping that new guy get off to a good start with a good staff? Does he really have time to also prepare a team for a bowl game?

I think Barry needs to be concentrating on what is wrong in the program instead of living in past for one more game.

This sucks. Wisconsin are our B1G brethren and maybe I'm in the minority, but I do not want our conference and especially division diluted. I hope Wisconsin lands a good coach and maintains the strength of their program -- and that Nebraska simply gets even better.

Bo to Wisconsin isn't credible. Can't be, can it? Oh, these twitters!

Some of the thread titles on BadgerNation:

"How about Bill Callahan" (LOL. I sh#t you not. This is an actual thread on BuckyNation. LINK)

I feel sort of sorry for the Badger fans. Well, not really. :lol:

Oh man. What if they did? Just for fun --

Callahan really just had one bad year at Nebraska, and took the punishment that comes with allowing such a void of leadership to persist through 2007. Imagine if Sam Keller had never transferred in, though...

His expertise is undeniable. His experience is vast, and he's well respected in coaching circles. He's especially great with OL (gulp). He's a relentless recruiter (but would he be willing to put up with Wisconsin?) And he certainly knows a lot of guys.

I mean, what if he went there, maximized recruiting to Madison, kept their current DC, and hired a more seasoned and veteran Shawn Watson over to develop their QBs and run their offense? What if, in his second chance, he resurrects the Badgers and delivers Nebraska its comeuppance?

I think I'd cry. And Husker football would collapse on itself before we would be willing to say the words, "If only we hadn't fired Callahan in 2007." That would be unimaginably horrible.