3-4 Defense

Warrior10

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/10/7359965/mike-riley-nebraska-head-coach-recruiting-strategy

Pretty good article describing both Riley's offensive and Banker's defensive philosophies in a simple way.

From that and other searching I've done, Banker ran a 4-3 in OSU most recently. Their Rivals site lists a 4-3 depth chart.

I'd be willing to bet a good amount Banker may use some 3-4 looks but will have a base 4-3 defense, at least for now. If we can see it's what our personnel are better suited for, he can as well. I like the idea of a... multiple defense *** throws up in mouth ***. It can confuse the offense, as opposed to our multiple offense, which mainly, well, confused the offense.

Gee thanks. You made me throw up on my keyboard, dammit

Dang. My bad!

I made somebody spit coffee out onto theirs the other day too. I guess I owe both of you one. I didn't budget this much for keyboards this year! :ahhhhhhhh

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/12/10/7359965/mike-riley-nebraska-head-coach-recruiting-strategy

Pretty good article describing both Riley's offensive and Banker's defensive philosophies in a simple way.

From that and other searching I've done, Banker ran a 4-3 in OSU most recently. Their Rivals site lists a 4-3 depth chart.

I'd be willing to bet a good amount Banker may use some 3-4 looks but will have a base 4-3 defense, at least for now. If we can see it's what our personnel are better suited for, he can as well. I like the idea of a... multiple defense *** throws up in mouth ***. It can confuse the offense, as opposed to our multiple offense, which mainly, well, confused the offense.

Gee thanks. You made me throw up on my keyboard, dammit

Dang. My bad!

I made somebody spit coffee out onto theirs the other day too. I guess I owe both of you one. I didn't budget this much for keyboards this year! :ahhhhhhhh

You just made me throw up on $1,000,000 cash that is now unusable

Multiple defense is way different than multiple offense.

I like the 34 scheme because of its versatility. Also like the idea of a 52 Monster, with Gerry being the Monster safety against teams like wisconsin

5-2 would be nasty.

Can you imagine running that in 2016...

LEE Collins - Davis - VV - Davis - McMullen MOSELY

ROSE NEWBY

GERRY

ALEXANDER

I like the 34 scheme because of its versatility. Also like the idea of a 52 Monster, with Gerry being the Monster safety against teams like wisconsin

5-2 would be nasty.

ROSE NEWBY

GERRY

ALEXANDER

Not sure if serious.

5-2 would be nasty.

ROSE NEWBY

GERRY

ALEXANDER

Not sure if serious.

I don't think it could be our base defense but, when lining up against a team like Wisconsin.

I think alot of people have misconceptions about the 3-4. The 4 linebackers wouldn't just come from the guys who are listed as a LB on this year's roster. The oustide linebackers in this defense are more like traditional DE's. Moss would probably be considered an outside LB in this defense, and if (huge if) Gregory comes back, it's possible he is the other OLB. That just leaves 2 traditional linebackers to play inside. Of course you can play with the personnel a little for running situations and put a true LB outside, but it's not like the 4 positions would only be filled by our current linebacking corps. If anything it would help get more d-lineman on the field.

Or maybe it's me who has the misconception and could be completely wrong about this.

• Fire 1