Dobson to Vandy

Warrior10

goes all the way back to high school.......these porky ass kids come in at 250 or more out of high school.........most are just big with lard on their asses. a good SC program would burn the fat and add the muscle....the high school coaches do nothing to physically develop these kids and teach them about nutrition and eating right.......its a shame....there are exceptions but damn few.

What happened to Sterup is truly a travesty.

His knee injury ?

No. Ballooning his ass to 330 pounds at 6'8 and taking a guy who had pretty good feet and athleticism and the ideal build for a solid backside protector into a tall, ogerish, slow moving pile. Knee injury or not, you can tell he had put on too much weight for his build before.

I always laugh when people complain about O linemen being fat. They have always been fat and they always will be fat.

6_784209.jpg

10508077.jpeg

Nebraska-Offensive-Line.jpg

Heck people say our O-line is fat what do they say about the other you just posted. They seem a little fatter then ours. Just a bit more talented then ours though.

HUNTER94 / I agree with you 100% on this statement. Alot of these normal high schools see a overly round kid and think perfect let pack some more pounds on him and he will be good. They teach nothing about nutrition and all that good stuff. My 7th grade son is just starting to go the weight room during athletics but he tells me their work out process's and all I can do is pull my hair out. He is 5'10 201 right now. I stress to him he needs to eat right and get stronger. When he seen Jake Cotton and shook his hand this year and got to see the nutrition center the players have he couldn't believe it. Said man I wish we had this at our school. lol.

I always laugh when people complain about O linemen being fat. They have always been fat and they always will be fat.

6_784209.jpg

10508077.jpeg

Two teams who've had arguably the best offensive lines in the last 10 years. Compared to ours under Dobson that either got ran over by a Texas DE (Sirles 2010) or can't even stay in their stance for a snap count (Jake Cotton 2014 MSU).

I think the gripe Zoogs is the lack of overall comraderie within the team's actual training and development with what kind of offenses we wanted to run.

Think about the kinds of offenses those teams play compared to ours. Whereas ours is probably more comparable to Oregon's. Now look at Oregon's offensive line. Look at how much more trim and fit they "appear" to be. And are so to handle that style of play.

I dont think it was that Dobson did a bad job, it just wasnt the kind of job needed to provide for our style of play. Or vice-versa. And I've thought for a while that we just had a pretty big mismatch of overall expertise and philosophies all across the board of our staff from one position to the other.

6_784209.jpg

10508077.jpeg

Two teams who've had arguably the best offensive lines in the last 10 years. Compared to ours under Dobson that either got ran over by a Texas DE (Sirles 2010) or can't even stay in their stance for a snap count (Jake Cotton 2014 MSU).

So it was Dobson fault for this? :confucius . Dobson was a busy man running the S&C program and then teach blocking fundamentals.

I think the gripe Zoogs is the lack of overall comraderie within the team's actual training and development with what kind of offenses we wanted to run.

Think about the kinds of offenses those teams play compared to ours. Whereas ours is probably more comparable to Oregon's. Now look at Oregon's offensive line. Look at how much more trim and fit they "appear" to be. And are so to handle that style of play.

I dont think it was that Dobson did a bad job, it just wasnt the kind of job needed to provide for our style of play. Or vice-versa. And I've thought for a while that we just had a pretty big mismatch of overall expertise and philosophies all across the board of our staff from one position to the other.

This all falls on Bo not Dobson. I don't think Dobson had any input in what style of offenses Bo wanted to run.

• Fire 1

This all falls on Bo not Dobson. I don't think Dobson had any input in what style of offenses Bo wanted to run.

Thats what i'm pretty much getting at. It was just another clash of philosophies and not having a real solid direction on things with all ships pointed in the same direction. Which probably falls under lack of experience. I thought Dobson did a pretty good job in ways, but I dont think it was the correct job. If that makes any sense at all.

If that makes any sense at all.

Not pointing specifically at you, but none of the arguments denouncing Dobson make any sense. I have yet to hear one thing this guy factually did wrong here. He's tied to the Bo administration so people don't like him - I get that, and it is what it is, but that doesn't mean he's bad, or did a bad job.

• Fire 1

If that makes any sense at all.

Not pointing specifically at you, but none of the arguments denouncing Dobson make any sense. I have yet to hear one thing this guy factually did wrong here. He's tied to the Bo administration so people don't like him - I get that, and it is what it is, but that doesn't mean he's bad, or did a bad job.

Isnt that what I said? :D

Thats what i'm pretty much getting at. It was just another clash of philosophies and not having a real solid direction on things with all ships pointed in the same direction. Which probably falls under lack of experience. I thought Dobson did a pretty good job in ways, but I dont think it was the correct job. If that makes any sense at all.