Dobson to Vandy

Warrior10

If that makes any sense at all.

Not pointing specifically at you, but none of the arguments denouncing Dobson make any sense. I have yet to hear one thing this guy factually did wrong here. He's tied to the Bo administration so people don't like him - I get that, and it is what it is, but that doesn't mean he's bad, or did a bad job.

You're right, It's too soon to tell but if the injuries drop substantially this year, I'd say that's a pretty good indication

Not pointing specifically at you, but none of the arguments denouncing Dobson make any sense. I have yet to hear one thing this guy factually did wrong here. He's tied to the Bo administration so people don't like him - I get that, and it is what it is, but that doesn't mean he's bad, or did a bad job.

You're right, It's too soon to tell but if the injuries drop substantially this year, I'd say that's a pretty good indication

no 2 years are ever the same, might want to wait and see if a better trend develops.........over a couple years at least.

Did Nebraska suffer more/greater/different injuries under Dobson than comparable schools? I haven't seen anything showing we have.

no 2 years are ever the same, might want to wait and see if a better trend develops.........over a couple years at least.

Except for at least the last two where we've had significant injury problems. There's been enough of a re-occuring injury trend the last few years that if we see a SUBSTANTIAL decrease this year and especially the following year, that's on Dobson.

Did Nebraska suffer more/greater/different injuries under Dobson than comparable schools? I haven't seen anything showing we have.

Which is why I said it's too soon to tell. To me the only comparison we will have is to ourselves and the jury will be out on that until next year is over, at the earliest.

Two and three years ago we had major injuries issues. Did we have that many injury problems last year? I thought they dropped off significantly last year compared to the previous one.

And, you can't just look at numbers of injuries. You would really need to look at specific injuries, what they are and ho they happened to tell me if it's because of strength and conditioning.

If a lineman is blocking if some linebacker comes flying through and rolls up on his leg from behind, I fail to see how that would be because of S&C.

Two and three years ago we had major injuries issues. Did we have that many injury problems last year? I thought they dropped off significantly last year compared to the previous one.

And, you can't just look at numbers of injuries. You would really need to look at specific injuries, what they are and ho they happened to tell me if it's because of strength and conditioning.

If a lineman is blocking if some linebacker comes flying through and rolls up on his leg from behind, I fail to see how that would be because of S&C.

tough question to answer, a ton of variables.......just seems more than there have been, that's for sure.

I don't have an argument. I think that, there are accidental injuries as mentioned in your last sentence. I also think that these lineman are carrying a lot of weight. 325-340? Their leg motion is forward with force, sideway with force, pulling and lightly running 10-15 yards down field for blocks (just examples in run blocking) and backward in pass protection. It is a collision sport for lineman. I think leg strength is most important, as well as physical fitness endurance. I've heard injuries happen when you let up. Just my thoughts on S&C.

I think the gripe Zoogs is the lack of overall comraderie within the team's actual training and development with what kind of offenses we wanted to run.

Think about the kinds of offenses those teams play compared to ours. Whereas ours is probably more comparable to Oregon's. Now look at Oregon's offensive line. Look at how much more trim and fit they "appear" to be. And are so to handle that style of play.

I dont think it was that Dobson did a bad job, it just wasnt the kind of job needed to provide for our style of play. Or vice-versa. And I've thought for a while that we just had a pretty big mismatch of overall expertise and philosophies all across the board of our staff from one position to the other.

This all falls on Bo not Dobson. I don't think Dobson had any input in what style of offenses Bo wanted to run.

Thats what i'm pretty much getting at. It was just another clash of philosophies and not having a real solid direction on things with all ships pointed in the same direction. Which probably falls under lack of experience. I thought Dobson did a pretty good job in ways, but I dont think it was the correct job. If that makes any sense at all.

I'm with you on this.

Except for at least the last two where we've had significant injury problems. There's been enough of a re-occuring injury trend the last few years that if we see a SUBSTANTIAL decrease this year and especially the following year, that's on Dobson.

every team each year will have re-occurring injury's. Our injury list wasn't significant.