I think those who actually watched the games agree that he was just a glorified signaler.

what games.

The Hunger Games.

the reindeer games.

I watched both of those and Papoopis wasn't in either of them. So he wasn't a signaler or a glorified signaler. He wasn't anything.

if you do not know that he is there, then he is doing his job. imo.

I've watched most all of USC's games this year.

They can score pretty easily when Kessler gets time - a lot of time on rolling out. USC is 15h in the nation in passing...but only 70th in rushing. You can run on USC - see Boston College and UCLA games...that's the blueprint, control the ball and keep Kessler off the field.

Like I said before, USC's run game is pedestrian. If Nebraska just sits back with their linebackers like usual - USC can eat them apart on short passes.

Nebraska will simply have to attack and blitz and take their chances and have to be able to pound it.

Against our 'take a step to the left and yell Ole as the back goes past you" defense will make these guys look like the number one rushing team in the country. Oh and we also have a Cotton steering the ship. Will watch this one at home in order to miss the embarrassment in public.

T_O_B

We're gonna get killed. Papuchis has only called plays for a half, 2 years ago. Beck is going to try to show off for a new job, and we'll lose something like 38-17.

You have no actual confirmation that this took place or is true. So your conclusion is based upon unsubstantiated claims.

I can actually confirm Pap called that half when Bo went to the hospital.

Sure, that's evident. But what cannot be proven is that he ONLY called plays for that half and didn't for the rest of his time at Nebraska. That is just speculation.

Ok, fine. For the vast majority of his career, Papuchis didn't call plays. Bo did (he actually has the play sheets) and JP signaled them in. However, you're welcome to prove me wrong via video footage.

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You have to prove absolutely that Paps didn't call any of the plays other than that half. Good luck on your quest.

Since I didn't make a claim, I guess I would point out that I never once noticed Pap calling the plays on TV. It was always Pelini calling the plays with JP signalling them in. Is there just one instance you can think of Pap calling the plays outside of the time Pelini left the game?

You should have understood that the post was directed at the original claim...it's inferred when talking about burden of proof. Sorry if there was confusion.

That's fine. That doesn't answer my question, though.

We're gonna get killed. Papuchis has only called plays for a half, 2 years ago. Beck is going to try to show off for a new job, and we'll lose something like 38-17.

You have no actual confirmation that this took place or is true. So your conclusion is based upon unsubstantiated claims.

Sure, that's evident. But what cannot be proven is that he ONLY called plays for that half and didn't for the rest of his time at Nebraska. That is just speculation.

Ok, fine. For the vast majority of his career, Papuchis didn't call plays. Bo did (he actually has the play sheets) and JP signaled them in. However, you're welcome to prove me wrong via video footage.

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You have to prove absolutely that Paps didn't call any of the plays other than that half. Good luck on your quest.

Since I didn't make a claim, I guess I would point out that I never once noticed Pap calling the plays on TV. It was always Pelini calling the plays with JP signalling them in. Is there just one instance you can think of Pap calling the plays outside of the time Pelini left the game?

You should have understood that the post was directed at the original claim...it's inferred when talking about burden of proof. Sorry if there was confusion.

No one can answer you question because no one has inside knowledge of who was calling what. It's an impossible to prove claim...that's why I called it out in the first place.

so the question is, beyond a reasonable doubt, now where does the burden of proof lie?

No one can answer you question because no one has inside knowledge of who was calling what. It's an impossible to prove claim...that's why I called it out in the first place.

Since Pelini was shown countless times on television calling the plays, and JP never was (again, unless you can give an example), isn't it a pretty safe assumption Pelini called the goddamned plays?

We have a vast amount of evidence Pelini called the plays, and no evidence JP did. It's not like it's a mystery or anything.

• Fire 1

Since Pelini was shown on TV countless times on television calling the plays, and JP never was (again, unless you can give an example), isn't it a pretty safe assumption Pelini called the goddamned plays?

We have a vast amount of evidence Pelini called the plays, and no evidence JP did. It's not like it's a mystery or anything.

This is the only place other than "Husker Army" on Facebook that people actually try to say you can't proove Bo called the plays. Damon Benning has said it so many times on 1620 as well as every single other host, analyst etc etc that it is extremely well known that Bo called the shots for the defense. How much more obvious does it get when it shows the sidelines and you see Bo with his playsheet talking into the headset. After you see him talk you then see Papsmear signal in. Pretty straightfreakingforward

• Fire 1

so the question is, beyond a reasonable doubt, now where does the burden of proof lie?

Same place as always...where the original claim was made by Saunders45. It cannot be proved and thus, any claim to it as fact is a logical fallacy and therefore is false. In order to argue his position, he must first establish that his claim has merit by showing evidence in support of it...but that task is also impossible as there is no evidence for it.

If we try to argue conversely, we commit another logical fallacy because the opposite of his point cannot be proven either.

In other words, No one can claim that Paps does or doesn't call the plays because no one has proof in support or contrary to this notion. Hooray for logic. My original statement still stands.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/73282-nebraska-vs-usc/&do=findComment&comment=1489653

Unless you were in the coaching room and on the sidelines Saturdays and regardless of what your name is, what you posted in another thread, or what an ex player said....there is no way to prove that Paps either called or didn't call plays on the sideline.

So stop the conjecture and lies. It's ignorant and the coach is out of here soon where he'll go to another school and either not call or call plays. Time to move on with dignity like he is doing (since he's not trashing the program or anyone else on the way out like you all seem to want to do to him)

There's no way you can prove that I wasn't in the coaching room or on the sidelines.

P.S. I'm not trashing him. Simply pointing out he wasn't the play caller.