I go to usc, my dad went to nebraska and I was raised a nebraska fan so I've watched very minute of the Big Red since I can remember. I've only been a trojan fan since I started school. Like a lot of people said, buck Allen is pretty underrated. He can run, not like Ameer but very few can. The defense lacks depth which hurt us all over this year which I didn't really understand/believe until I saw it. I think our corners will have their hands full because agholar is unreal and farmer, juju smith, Bryce Dixon and adoree Jackson are all so talented that anytime SC passes it's dangerous. Especially because, like the guy above me said, kessler makes minimal mistakes. It's unreal how safe he is with the ball and how good his decisions are. I think we can put up some points against the Trojans but our defense will be facing some tough challenges. Sc just has so many weapons. But plenty of people have stopped or stalled tgem this year so hopefully the blackshirts can. The defensive depth is what really hurts them even though they have some unreal players. As someone who has watched every second of both teams play this year, my worthless two cents is that SC has far superior talent and could run away with it but it will depend on Tommy and ameer staying on the field. As far as what I've heard on campus, nobody is truly that excited from what I've seen. After UCLA stomped us and we beat notre dame most of the fans kind of found a bright spot and left it at that. (I know I say "we" about both schools, just a big supporter of both if that's legal haha). Go big red

I've watched most all of USC's games this year.

They can score pretty easily when Kessler gets time - a lot of time on rolling out. USC is 15h in the nation in passing...but only 70th in rushing. You can run on USC - see Boston College and UCLA games...that's the blueprint, control the ball and keep Kessler off the field.

Like I said before, USC's run game is pedestrian. If Nebraska just sits back with their linebackers like usual - USC can eat them apart on short passes.

Nebraska will simply have to attack and blitz and take their chances and have to be able to pound it.

This is a good assessment. I live in SoCal and have watched USC and talk shop with their fans. We cannot give Kessler a lot of time or he will pick us apart, so us not having Gregory will be bad for our pass rush. We will need creative blitzes. USC's WR's will destroy our LB's with short routes so I expect USC to take advantage of this mismatch. Ameer will need a big game and I think he will only have it if our OL plays one of their best games...they'll need to do so for us to win.

I've watched most all of USC's games this year.

They can score pretty easily when Kessler gets time - a lot of time on rolling out. USC is 15h in the nation in passing...but only 70th in rushing. You can run on USC - see Boston College and UCLA games...that's the blueprint, control the ball and keep Kessler off the field.

Like I said before, USC's run game is pedestrian. If Nebraska just sits back with their linebackers like usual - USC can eat them apart on short passes.

Nebraska will simply have to attack and blitz and take their chances and have to be able to pound it.

This is a good assessment. I live in SoCal and have watched USC and talk shop with their fans. We cannot give Kessler a lot of time or he will pick us apart, so us not having Gregory will be bad for our pass rush. We will need creative blitzes. USC's WR's will destroy our LB's with short routes so I expect USC to take advantage of this mismatch. Ameer will need a big game and I think he will only have it if our OL plays one of their best games...they'll need to do so for us to win.
Gregory is playing. Was cleared and practiced this week.

I'm trying to get a take on our chances against USC. I know there are Husker fans here who are from CA and could comment on this. What have we heard? I've heard that their quarterback may be a challenge from us but little else. Would love to talk about football again since the 'BoGate II' and 'Gangwish vs Raccoon" talk has lessened. (Not that it wasn't interesting...but dedhoarse .)

Thanks!

Christmas came early.

I would love to see the Huskers get there first win against USC. (I believe NU never beat USC) Really I hope would pull the fans together.

I do not know much about USC this year. I know traditionally they are good...

We're gonna get killed. Papuchis has only called plays for a half, 2 years ago. Beck is going to try to show off for a new job, and we'll lose something like 38-17.

You have no actual confirmation that this took place or is true. So your conclusion is based upon unsubstantiated claims.

Ok.

J4K1tTq.jpg

ok.

We're gonna get killed. Papuchis has only called plays for a half, 2 years ago. Beck is going to try to show off for a new job, and we'll lose something like 38-17.

You have no actual confirmation that this took place or is true. So your conclusion is based upon unsubstantiated claims.

I can actually confirm Pap called that half when Bo went to the hospital.

Sure, that's evident. But what cannot be proven is that he ONLY called plays for that half and didn't for the rest of his time at Nebraska. That is just speculation.

Ok, fine. For the vast majority of his career, Papuchis didn't call plays. Bo did (he actually has the play sheets) and JP signaled them in. However, you're welcome to prove me wrong via video footage.

Sure, that's evident. But what cannot be proven is that he ONLY called plays for that half and didn't for the rest of his time at Nebraska. That is just speculation.

Ok, fine. For the vast majority of his career, Papuchis didn't call plays. Bo did (he actually has the play sheets) and JP signaled them in. However, you're welcome to prove me wrong via video footage.

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You have to prove absolutely that Paps didn't call any of the plays other than that half. Good luck on your quest.

There is no more evidence showing JP calling plays under BP than there is for Me, Charlie McBride, or Elvis.

But, just to make sure, I just rewatched every Nebraska game under Bo Pelini, and yup, he didn't call plays outside of the ASU game.

Burden of proof is on the person making the claim. You have to prove absolutely that Paps didn't call any of the plays other than that half. Good luck on your quest.

Since I didn't make a claim, I guess I would point out that I never once noticed Pap calling the plays on TV. It was always Pelini calling the plays with JP signalling them in. Is there just one instance you can think of Pap calling the plays outside of the time Pelini left the game?
  • Fire 1