Bo Pelini's connection to YSU

As predicted, not one useful response to my post.

1. Post didn't indicate that it was unknown to me of the Pelini connection to Youngstown It was his connection to YSU itself.

2. My post referenced that Bo actually contacted the school to gage their interest in him.

3. Also, that again the Stoops family may have been involved in Bo's next coaching stop since their is one Stoops brother on the YSU staff.

Maybe some of you need to pull back a little instead of just looking for a chance to belittle someone's posts.

Thanks for the post. Since you have your

finger on the pulse of YSU football, do you

know what high school JV coach Bo is going

to hire for the DC position?

Do you actually think he will be able to deliver a JV caliber DC..??

Watching Bo Pelini's YSU introductory press conference, I found a few things interesting. One was he was contacted by a friend about the job and then pretty much contacted the school to see it they were interested in the job.

I investigated further. I can't confirm this, but it was on football scoop so I believe it. The job was actually posted on farmersonly.com. Bo was just checking it out and fell in love instantly. After a few saucy emails they began their courtship and he became coach.

IBTL?... some funny stuff here. How will we be spending the off-season? I am (secretly) very curious the staff announcements that coach will have at Youngstown. I can not imagine the job interview questions or answers. But I bet, some of the experience (position coaches) may involve drawing up plays on their hand (with their backs turned) or in the dirt.

IBTL?... some funny stuff here. How will we be spending the off-season? I am (secretly) very curious the staff announcements that coach will have at Youngstown. I can not imagine the job interview questions or answers. But I bet, some of the experience (position coaches) may involve drawing up plays on their hand (with their backs turned) or in the dirt.

a sad look into Youngstown's future!!!

• Fire 1

Watching Bo Pelini's YSU introductory press conference, I found a few things interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALJAAsglLSc One was he was contacted by a friend about the job and then pretty much contacted the school to see it they were interested in him. Upon further research, I found a current YSU coach is Ron Stoops. The oldest Stoops brother of Bob, Mark and Mike. http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index

The Stoops connection is interesting to me because I am surprised YSU would want Bo, IMO. He has no connection to YSU, even if he's from Ohio. In his press conference, Bo said he hadn't been in Youngstown since high school... over 20 years ago. He isn't really "coming back" to YSU, he was never at that university. We all know Bob took Pelini in at OU when Callahan got the head coaching job. No one wants Bo now and once again, it is a Stoops brother rescuing him, IMO. I bet Pelini will retain the YSU linebacker's coach. Is it because he is so good? Sometimes it comes down to who you know. Again, this is just my opinion.

1. Post didn't indicate that it was unknown to me of the Pelini connection to Youngstown It was his connection to YSU itself.

2. My post referenced that Bo actually contacted the school to gage their interest in him.

3. Also, that again the Stoops family may have been involved in Bo's next coaching stop since their is one Stoops brother on the YSU staff.

Maybe some of you need to pull back a little instead of just looking for a chance to belittle someone's posts.[

Don't waste your time posting on here. Most of the clowns on here have nothing better to do then try and make others look stupid. They have ruined this sight by belittling everybody that isn't a regular.

• Fire 1

Maybe some of you need to pull back a little instead of just looking for a chance to belittle someone's posts.[

Don't waste your time posting on here. Most of the clowns on here have nothing better to do then try and make others look stupid. They have ruined this site by belittling everybody that isn't a regular.

Fify

Maybe some of you need to pull back a little instead of just looking for a chance to belittle someone's posts.

If Bo had hired stoops instead of promoting Paps, he might still have a job at NU

I dont think this is really news. Why WOULDNT he contact a place he has ties with to try and get a job? The connections to people and hometown and state are just more reason. I guess Im not seeing what was supposed to be surprising about this.

I do not understand why he would take a huge step down when he is getting paid. Take a year or two off, talk to some defensive coaches, watch some film, and learn how to stop the run. Also, get some press being a nice guy, and maybe he could get back in the business at a high level.

Watching Bo Pelini's YSU introductory press conference, I found a few things interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALJAAsglLSc One was he was contacted by a friend about the job and then pretty much contacted the school to see it they were interested in him. Upon further research, I found a current YSU coach is Ron Stoops. The oldest Stoops brother of Bob, Mark and Mike. http://ysusports.com/sports/fball/coaches/index

The Stoops connection is interesting to me because I am surprised YSU would want Bo, IMO. He has no connection to YSU, even if he's from Ohio. In his press conference, Bo said he hadn't been in Youngstown since high school... over 20 years ago. He isn't really "coming back" to YSU, he was never at that university. We all know Bob took Pelini in at OU when Callahan got the head coaching job. No one wants Bo now and once again, it is a Stoops brother rescuing him, IMO. I bet Pelini will retain the YSU linebacker's coach. Is it because he is so good? Sometimes it comes down to who you know. Again, this is just my opinion.

Bo was a fairly hot commodity when he went to OU. And I doubt an assistant coach at YSU had much say as to who would be the new head coach. IMO.

Because he is sticking it to Nebraska, the less he takes in the more we have to pay him.

He will never coach another meaningful team. He has enough money to do what ever he wants. I figured he would take a high school gig somewhere.

He is not sought after, and never will be. He is at his limit. I only hope Youngstown State don't suffer the same fate Nebraska has with the clown.

Wasted time reading the Boner thread. Will not again. Garbage was set at the curb and we still keep digging through it. At the end of the day, too bad those days went on so long.

Don't waste your time posting on here. Most of the clowns on here have nothing better to do then try and make others look stupid. They have ruined this sight by belittling everybody that isn't a regular.

Nailed it jcsmhammel... Honestly, it's it very telling that Pelini was a head coach at a very high profile university and now seemingly not wanted at an FBS level. Instead, the press conference is laced with how the move was very much about Bo's family being happy and a good place to live.

Skersfan, you are also correct in that he is taking a lesser paying job in order to stick it to NU and get the most money he feels the university owes him. This is not a Boner thread and if you have wasted time on it then that's on you.

Folks, if anyone creates a thread with Bo or Pelini in the thread title, feel free overlook it if you're not interested in reading about it.