***USC Game Discussion Thread***

Anyone else kind of annoyed by seeing #10 running and laughing with a USC player immediately after the last play was over? Maybe it's just me, but the quote from Patton came to my mind: "I wouldn't give a damn for a man that lost and laughed."

Several Nebraska players played in the LA area. Could be these two were friends?

Could very well be. Still kind of bothers me. Not that it really matters I suppose, nobody will remember by August.

It is one thing laughing on the sidelines with your teammates while losing and another laughing with the other team after the game. We fault and did not quit.

Recruit, recruit and recruit. Thats where this happens at now. We have to recruit. This is where the last 3 HC's failed on many levels. Callahan got decent talent, but still not up to title talent types.

I really feel that if Riley can recruit some elite level athletes, he has the ability to coach up players, QB's being a big part of that. I think Riley will do well here. He looked awfully good in his Husker gear tonight. With his west coast recruiting ability, I think he is the man to turn things around and at least get us on the board when big games are on the horizon.

Looking forward to this new and improved ERA! Can't wait for next season!

We where out coached not out played. Beck with 3 yards to go, why not run once read option with Tommy and the great number 8 should have picked up 3 yards in 2 plays. Beck just out foxes himself game after game

We had a lot of injuries the guys played great , mistakes yes but they played with heart and call here or there who knows what would happen. I'm looking forward to next season the cupboards not bare and with coaching improvements the skies the limit. For the guys moving on thanks for all the great moments and best of luck to all of you.

This is nothing new as it has happened all year!

Recruit, recruit and recruit. Thats where this happens at now. We have to recruit. This is where the last 3 HC's failed on many levels. Callahan got decent talent, but still not up to title talent types.

I really feel that if Riley can recruit some elite level athletes, he has the ability to coach up players, QB's being a big part of that. I think Riley will do well here. He looked awfully good in his Husker gear tonight. With his west coast recruiting ability, I think he is the man to turn things around and at least get us on the board when big games are on the horizon.

Evaluate talent and teach!

Linebackers are just one issue on defense. Speed is another issue. Well, actually overall team speed is an issue, but defense is extremely slow and once our first line of defenders misses a tackle, there in the house for 6. Some is scheme, some is talent. I would say it's 75/25. Scheme is totally a scam.

Papu sure didn't do himself any justice, but are we being to hard on him. We saw it tonight, our linebackers can't tackle, and sure the hell can't catch anyone from behind once beaten. I think the talent is not there, and if you simply don't have talent its hard to make some plays.

Like i have pointed too, Big 10 football is one thing, but other conferences are light years ahead on offense, and it will show thru out bowl season. Lights years ahead on talent and speed. Seen anybody on any of the Big 10 teams we played this year other than Gordon, who had speed and athletes like USC had? They lost 4 games this year, 3 in conference! Says a lot to me.

I noticed something throughout Bo's tenure that contributed to the defense looking slow, every snap our LB's nearly stop moving until the backfield exchange, fake, etc is executed. Then, at that point we are flat footed and behind. They are taught to play this way, we have good athletes, and pretty good speed at multiple positions. In no way is our speed that inferior, just isn't

I do agree for the most part, but we could use an upgrade in speed and types of athletes we are recruiting. Like I said, I think the scheme is 75% of our issues on D. 25% talent, but that is debatable as well until we see a new system in place.

3 yards and a cloud of dust days are over. I think Nebraska can do what we did in the Big 12 days or even Big 8 days, and thats dominate the game with its own style of play and staying with it. Lets get an identity once again, what ever it is, but lets get one back.Winning would be a great identity to start with!!!

Everyone needs to recruit. Tonight your Oline got beat a lot, it's still weird to see that from Nebraska uniforms. I hope Rileycan recruit to Lincoln, best of luck.

Everyone needs to recruit. Tonight your Oline got beat a lot, it's still weird to see that from Nebraska uniforms. I hope Rileycan recruit to Lincoln, best of luck.

This has more to do with S&C than coaching. Our line is soft!

Well we fought hard and didn't quit and had a chance to win the game

Pierson-El showed he is a beast as a receiver and today was his birthday so happy birthday to a player who can be real good for us on offense and punt returns in the coming years.

And Barney hugging Ameer is what every husker fan would want to do after such a great career I am proud of him and these seniors and I am proud of the coaching staff and the players for the hard work they put in this season.

I stand by my opinion. We suck as a fanbase. We are all talk, but when things get tough...we bail...I am talking to all the hyper-critical, know-it-all "best fans". You know who you are. You are the ones who will be butthurt by this post.

No support, just criticism. We were never out of this game. yet, reading this forum, you would think we lost 200-17. Jesus. Grow up.

And QUIT talking about class and the crap about cheering for the victors...that only happens in your dreams.

I stand by my opinion. We suck as a fanbase. We are all talk, but when things get tough...we bail...I am talking to all the hyper-critical, know-it-all "best fans". You know who you are. You are the ones who will be butthurt by this post.

No support, just criticism. We were never out of this game. yet, reading this forum, you would think we lost 200-17. Jesus. Grow up.

And QUIT talking about class and the crap about cheering for the victors...that only happens in your dreams.

lolz

Went back and saw USC's offensive guard Damien Mama completely take out vincent valentine. That guy is a true freshman and was rated the #1 offensive guard by Yahoo. We have someone who was in the same recruiting class as him and was rated #4. There is good talent on this roster