***USC Game Discussion Thread***

I am ashamed as I read these posts. The so-called best fans in colege football suck. I, for one, never gave up hope and cheered my team to the end.

I Hope all you bandwagon fans, cheered for USC when the game ended as that is who we are (or pretend to be) As a fanbase, I think we are a collective fraud.

Don't agree with this at all. A fan never cheers against their team.
Read the past 20 pages...plenty of "fans" did. I didnt and mever will.
Fans are upset during a loss. Call the 10pm news. It was a long season, it's over. Let's not attack each other, but look forward to a new season.

I am ashamed as I read these posts. The so-called best fans in colege football suck. I, for one, never gave up hope and cheered my team to the end.

I Hope all you bandwagon fans, cheered for USC when the game ended as that is who we are (or pretend to be) As a fanbase, I think we are a collective fraud.

Don't agree with this at all. A fan never cheers against their team.

Read the past 20 pages...plenty of "fans" did. I didnt and mever will.

Are you saying that people are/were cheering for USC to win?

I am not sure i read that, but maybe I missed something.

I sensed frustration and lack of faith in the coaching staff, but nobody cheered for USC.

Anyone else kind of annoyed by seeing #10 running and laughing with a USC player immediately after the last play was over? Maybe it's just me, but the quote from Patton came to my mind: "I wouldn't give a damn for a man that lost and laughed."

Several Nebraska players played in the LA area. Could be these two were friends?

Could very well be. Still kind of bothers me. Not that it really matters I suppose, nobody will remember by August.

It is the way it is now...growing up and playing, the last thing I wanted to do was talk with the opposition. Now, it is very different.

Good fans will question things, and good fans will expect better no matter who is coaching or playing. If anybody who watched this game doesn't understand actually the level in which we have fallen behind, watch two plays and they sum up the game.

Yes, this team never quit. Thats great to see. The players never quit, and that does make me a proudd fan of this team and its players.

Riley era has work to do. First thing that needs done is mentally prepare players to play the game without making so many dumb plays, self inflicted non-sense plays. Second thing, recruiting better types of players/athletes. This is the most important part going forward. Third thing, someone to coach QB's. Armstrong has some great qualities, but they are more do to his atheletism, not coaching.

Again, Ameer played hard and looked close to normal. Kenny Bell looked ok, but I think he is part of the problem with this team and its Bo mentality. Frankly, the only player that I will miss off this team is Ameer. The rest need to go and graduate.

• Fire 1

That was a great effort by our players and the coaching staff. Sometimes it went our way and sometimes it didn't but we tried everything we could ;... sometimes they just stopped us. I feel like our depth at LB was our biggest problem and the difference in the game, good thing we'll get some of those guys back next year.

Thanks to the coaches and players for giving it your best.

We where out coached not out played. Beck with 3 yards to go, why not run once read option with Tommy and the great number 8 should have picked up 3 yards in 2 plays. Beck just out foxes himself game after game

We had a lot of injuries the guys played great , mistakes yes but they played with heart and call here or there who knows what would happen. I'm looking forward to next season the cupboards not bare and with coaching improvements the skies the limit. For the guys moving on thanks for all the great moments and best of luck to all of you.

• Fire 1

Linebackers are just one issue on defense. Speed is another issue. Well, actually overall team speed is an issue, but defense is extremely slow and once our first line of defenders misses a tackle, there in the house for 6. Some is scheme, some is talent. I would say it's 75/25. Scheme is totally a scam.

Papu sure didn't do himself any justice, but are we being to hard on him. We saw it tonight, our linebackers can't tackle, and sure the hell can't catch anyone from behind once beaten. I think the talent is not there, and if you simply don't have talent its hard to make some plays.

Like i have pointed too, Big 10 football is one thing, but other conferences are light years ahead on offense, and it will show thru out bowl season. Lights years ahead on talent and speed. Seen anybody on any of the Big 10 teams we played this year other than Gordon, who had speed and athletes like USC had? They lost 4 games this year, 3 in conference! Says a lot to me.

We where out coached not out played. Beck with 3 yards to go, why not run once read option with Tommy and the great number 8 should have picked up 3 yards in 2 plays. Beck just out foxes himself game after game

We had a lot of injuries the guys played great , mistakes yes but they played with heart and call here or there who knows what would happen. I'm looking forward to next season the cupboards not bare and with coaching improvements the skies the limit. For the guys moving on thanks for all the great moments and best of luck to all of you.

That's my biggest gripes about those last two plays, didn't give Abdullah the ball. I like going for it on 4th down, but I would have run a zone read instead of the jet sweep or maybe even just a dive for Abdullah. Get the ball to Abdullah.

Linebackers are just one issue on defense. Speed is another issue. Well, actually overall team speed is an issue, but defense is extremely slow and once our first line of defenders misses a tackle, there in the house for 6. Some is scheme, some is talent. I would say it's 75/25. Scheme is totally a scam.

Papu sure didn't do himself any justice, but are we being to hard on him. We saw it tonight, our linebackers can't tackle, and sure the hell can't catch anyone from behind once beaten. I think the talent is not there, and if you simply don't have talent its hard to make some plays.

Like i have pointed too, Big 10 football is one thing, but other conferences are light years ahead on offense, and it will show thru out bowl season. Lights years ahead on talent and speed. Seen anybody on any of the Big 10 teams we played this year other than Gordon, who had speed and athletes like USC had? They lost 4 games this year, 3 in conference! Says a lot to me.

I noticed something throughout Bo's tenure that contributed to the defense looking slow, every snap our LB's nearly stop moving until the backfield exchange, fake, etc is executed. Then, at that point we are flat footed and behind. They are taught to play this way, we have good athletes, and pretty good speed at multiple positions. In no way is our speed that inferior, just isn't