Beck on the sidelines

Some comment was made by the announcers that he was involved in the play calling, a certain name, but can not recall what they said. Anyone else hear that.

Like I have said, this is the best team we played this year, way more talent on the field and staff than anyone else I think. Most are predicting them to be in the hunt next year. I think we did pretty good against them and had a chance to win the game late. I really do not think that would have happened with the past coach on the sideline. I admit it, he is about as close as I get to saying I hate something.

Noticed most of the coaches were down on the field most notable Beck.

Couldn't help but feel it was one of the better offensive games I have seen.

Lots of yards and points against a good team.

I agree and think it would've been better had he been there for every game. Maybe Bo should've been in the booth?

Regardless, it was fitting that to end our chances of winning we were Beck'd one last time, despite all the yards and points. Its been my point all year in the face of some "this many yards and this many points" counterpoints that tjis offense is a quagmeyer of multiplicity garbage. The situational lack of cool and common sense and ability to just "do what works" is simetjing i wont miss. Not one bit.

When your offense scores 42 points and you lose, I tend to think the problem is the defense. 0 depth at linebacker is the obvious problem that will get fixed somewhat just by the return of some pretty good injured players. Put Demorrio in the game and many of those long runs just don't happen.....two Demorrio's with good backups and they don't happen.

Couldn't help but feel it was one of the better offensive games I have seen

Depends on what huskerboard thread you read.

Or drive you watched.

The game was a microcosm of his career here: Incredibly boneheaded play calls followed by sheer brilliance followed by boneheaded play calls.

The entire second quarter literally went like this:

1st and 10: Ameer up the middle (gain of 2)

2nd and 8: Ameer to the outside (gain of 2)

3rd and 6: Tommy drops back and throws a ball to a player on the wrong team (pass incomplete)

4th and 6: Punt

Eventually he started mixing it up with some excellent play calls, only to repeatedly shoot us in the foot with over-engineered approaches to 3rd/4th and short in critical situations. If you're going to go for it on 4th down with that drive deep in USC territory, why not run on 3rd and 3? If we can't get 3 yards in two plays with the game on the line, we deserve to lose. Instead, he throws it on 3rd and then throws it again on 4th. Terrible.

When your offense scores 42 points and you lose, I tend to think the problem is the defense. 0 depth at linebacker is the obvious problem that will get fixed somewhat just by the return of some pretty good injured players. Put Demorrio in the game and many of those long runs just don't happen.....two Demorrio's with good backups and they don't happen.

I'd prefer two Lavonte David's. Hell I'd take two Phillip Dillard's over our current LB's.

I was there and if USC would have just given the ball to #2 more often, it wouldn't have been close. We looked slow compared to them on the field. Gregory was non-factor in the game. Our D line was very mediocre at best. So to quote someone else, it was the defense, not Beck. Although, we did get Beck'd a couple of times.

Regardless, it was fitting that to end our chances of winning we were Beck'd one last time, despite all the yards and points. Its been my point all year in the face of some "this many yards and this many points" counterpoints that tjis offense is a quagmeyer of multiplicity garbage. The situational lack of cool and common sense and ability to just "do what works" is simetjing i wont miss. Not one bit.

CB...are you turning Norwegian or something? :funnyhahah

I'd prefer two Lavonte David's. Hell I'd take two Phillip Dillard's over our current LB's.

I thought they did great in the bowl game considering how beat up we are at the position. I believe two of them played the entire game.

And when your offense fails to produce anything--seriously, we went 3 and out 4 straight times in the second quarter--that puts a bigger pressure on the defense to perform. Defense was a problem, yes, but their problems were compounded by an offense that was simply not doing a thing.

CB...are you turning Norwegian or something? :funnyhahah
ive been over this before. Fat fingers and iphone. Just roll with it. Lol