Nice comments from Kenny Bell about future

Oh, he also broke the Nebraska career receiving record, and even at a program with a rushing attack tradition, that's impressive...

It'll get broken again in a few years. That's the transition of CFB today. Kenny is without a doubt one of the better blockers we've had come through here. He made some great plays as well. And I'm sure his personality/positions are overshadowing plenty of things for me...but I'm just not that sad to see him go. He wasn't good for the team, and this above statement isn't going to change my opinion of him which are based on dozens of prior ones contrary to it.

The record will likely be broken by Westy in a couple years, but that doesn't mean what Kenny did wasn't impressive. Without a doubt, the WR group would be better next year if Bell was there (And that's not to say the group isn't going to be good anyways).

The record will likely be broken by Westy in a couple years, but that doesn't mean what Kenny did wasn't impressive. Without a doubt, the WR group would be better next year if Bell was there (And that's not to say the group isn't going to be good anyways).

Maybe, maybe not. TA and him never really seems in sync this season. How much of that is on TA, and how much of it is on Bell we'll never know - but I think DPE next year will be a better option for whoever is under center than Kenny. Remove his attitude from the meeting room and IMO we'll be a better WR group.

(I thought the same thing about Paul when he left too...great blocker, good stats, crappy teammate)

Maybe, maybe not. TA and him never really seems in sync this season. How much of that is on TA, and how much of it is on Bell we'll never know - but I think DPE next year will be a better option for whoever is under center than Kenny. Remove his attitude from the meeting room and IMO we'll be a better WR group.

Agree to disagree I guess, but you're....

tumblr_inline_nc7i1kCPLK1rfyc6s.gif

:wasted:wasted:wasted:wasted

• Fire 1

Im hard on kenny. I know this. I just demand that these guys handle things better. And with him being one of the very few that is as polarizing as has been it tells me its a Kenny issue. Maybe my expectations of a Husker are too high. I dint know. But i do appreciate his input here. Its kinda what i hope for on a consistent basis from everyone, which i know is pretty much impossible. This is encouraging. Really lightens my attitude towards him some.

In a way im starting to feel for some of these guys like i did for a lot of yhe Callahan players. I dont think they ever truly got to experience the connection and the passion that truly makes this place special.

What I thought this thread was about:

"Here's nice comments from Kenny Bell"

What this thread is actually about:

"The dude sucked!!! He deserves no respect from no one at all!! The dude got injured... Who does that?!? Also, I don't like him. Not one bit."

• Fire 1

Football Kenny no one here has gripes about. The only gripes people ever have had about the guy is his lack of a filter on social media

minus the "injuries", drops, grandstanding and multitude of other things that come with "football kenny". DPE > Bell...count me in the camp that's happy to see him go. a couple years ago I certainly never thought I'd say that.

Totally! I'm not usually someone that believes in questioning a college player when he says he's injured, but in this case, I definitely see where you're coming from.

jk. This is the dumbest thing I've read for awhile. Congrats.

• Fire 1

yawwwwwnnn...this board has collectively bitched about Bell and his "injuries" for the better party of the last 18 months. throwing a solid block doesn't negate the missed games that were as expected as Bo's 4 losses.

Are you getting Bell mixed up with someone else? I remember Bell having injuries, but not missing games because of them. I remember him playing hurt, and having to leave mid game, but never flat out missing games. We were reminded in the Holiday Bowl what a healthy Kenny Bell looks like. He was a great Husker, and he will be missed. Good luck with the rest of your career Kenny!

yawwwwwnnn...this board has collectively bitched about Bell and his "injuries" for the better party of the last 18 months. throwing a solid block doesn't negate the missed games that were as expected as Bo's 4 losses.

Are you getting Bell mixed up with someone else? I remember Bell having injuries, but not missing games because of them. I remember him playing hurt, and having to leave mid game, but never flat out missing games. We were reminded in the Holiday Bowl what a healthy Kenny Bell looks like. He was a great Husker, and he will be missed. Good luck with the rest of your career Kenny!

think he missed a game or two due to groin injury.. I have had that injury (once), hard to walk sometimes, cant imagine taking a shot to the boys in a football game while that was healing.. tough kid that Kenny.

I just demand that these guys handle things better.

You demand that they handle things the way that you want them to, and when they don't you drag them through the mud and are glad to see them no longer part of 'your' team.

What's really unfair is that some people are throwing so much fault at Kenny, even though they're also throwing all the fault at Bo. If Bo was as awful as people say, then any shortcomings that people hypothetically associate with Kenny were a product of a toxic environment, which was hardly his fault.

• Fire 1

think he missed a game or two due to groin injury.. I have had that injury (once), hard to walk sometimes, cant imagine taking a shot to the boys in a football game while that was healing.. tough kid that Kenny.

So tough he "couldn't lift his arm after games" and then miraculously have the ability to go to The Bar and tweet pics of himself.