Danny Langsdorf New Offensive Coordinator

Mavric

Some of the people here must have been wetting themselves every time Pelini got a contract extension given our inconsistent offences and fold defenses over the years.

All theses new guys need to do is clean up false start penalties and over pursuing safeties and they win 2 more games a year. Cotton graduating takes care of one of those.

Let's start by doing something Pelini and crew couldn't do; beat Minnesota and Iowa consistently and go from there. I would add beating Wisconsin to the list, but I'd settle for stopping the beat downs first.

They seem like detail people to me so I expect much bether execution from sarters on down. That would have meant 11 wins this year.

Ok, so he coached for the Giants, cool.

What offense is he going to run, and are we going to see a continuation of the dread pass play on 3rd and short?

Yes, but it will be completed.

Great, so I can expect Shawn Watson 3.0 with everything run out of the pistol?

I don't think we'll see a lot of pistol, and he won't be calling the plays, but he is an offensive coordinator so he's inherently another Shawn Watson.

Great, and on top of that #fireDannyLangsdorf is harder to type...

Maybe it's just me, but so far all I get is a "meh" feel with all the hires including Reilly. I hope to be pleasantly surprised. I just don't see what in any of their back grounds screams winner. He's a nice guy, he can develop players, he'll have many more resources etc..... Looks like he's getting his buddies together who were .504 winning percentage........meh

pretty much...

Coaches are not going to leave a P5 school where they can win at a high level. Not in the playoff era, where winning the conference is all that matters. Both Mississippi schools help on to their coaches, TCU is keeping Patterson. This kind of thing would never have happened with the old Bowl and BCS systems. It changes some of the dynamic of hiring.

Also, it should be a giant red flag, probably with an air raid siren, if a sitting head coach takes a job and hires no one he has worked with before, assembling a staff should not be like casting the Expendables, for the same reasons why the movies suck. Hell, look at Minnesota, Kill and his crew have been together for years. And I'm certain that no one here ever hear of any of those guys before Kill got that job, and would still have to look up most of the coaches. But no one is going to say that is a bad staff.

if you think its a great hire or a bad hire, either train of thought is clueless since we haven't seen anything yet...

yes, but there are several on this board that continually throw out negative remarks with no reason. Maybe trolling is a better word!

whether your trolling or praising the hire, you're doing it based on what???

if you think its a great hire or a bad hire, either train of thought is clueless since we haven't seen anything yet...

yes, but there are several on this board that continually throw out negative remarks with no reason. Maybe trolling is a better word!

Wow! Trolling has no base.

That can be said for every hire, ever, at any school. Some hires look great, and up being terrible (everyone who ever left Boise St so far) or a 3rd, 4th or later option who turns out to be great.

Lets take Les Miles for instance. When LSU hired him to replace Saban, he had a 28-21 record at Oklahoma State, and was 16-16 in conference. The only big selling point was at the time he was the only man to beat Bob Stoops twice. He was not exactly what people wanted. Worked out pretty well.

Or Dan Hawkins, he left Boise with a 53-11 record, for Colorado, and I remember the hand wringing that went on about Colorado making a great hire, and they would have one of, if not the best, coach in the North. He never had a winning record in Boulder.

Hell, we can use Brady Hoke. He had a great first year at Mich, and everyone thought they were back. Oops.

And while there is not certain way to tell if a guy is going to be successful, the fan base burying the guy before he has even had the job 30 days helps no one. We can use Mich as another example. Rich Rodriguez won conference COTY awards at the job before, and after Mich. Many in Ann Arbor never wanted him, and damn near sabotaged him while he was there. We don't need to mirror that garbage because they hired their dream coach. A coach who absolutely no one, outside the Mich faithful, believes will be there in 5 years.

• Fire 1

I expect our offense to mirror Alabama's. A pro style smash mouth single back type of offense. I-Formation, Weak-I, Strong-I, and lots of Ace formations with two tights. Expect quick Screens, Play Action, draws, counters, stretch runs, fullback dives. All the things I have seen at Oregon State. Our offensive style will appeal to recruits. The days of mowing teams down with the run game on a week to week basis is over.

No one can be one dimensional in today's college football. I do believe there'll be more emphasis on the QB's and passing in 2015 but these coaches are smart enough to know that you've got to have a solid rushing attack to compliment your aerial attack.

Heavens I hope you are right. I have not been overwhelmed with the HC or OC hire, but the talk of a pro style O is very encouraging. I agree that not only is it the most versatile, it is a huge recruiting chip. Sure Alabama is attractive because of their wins, but a lot of kids also know it is the most NFL ready program in the nation. That attracts blue chip prospects.