Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

I have an opinion on this and it won't look good from how i state this, but consider it fact in a few years and remember this was said. We lost our rivals. We lost our natural rivals, and ones that were just once and a while rivals. Iowa will never be what KSU was, Mizzou was, hell what KU was for our fanbase overall. Iowa St was more fun to play than Iowa!

By joining this conference, we will make more money and be on equal footing with all teams. We lost any rivalry game, and any games that fans are truly passionate about winning. That will take many more years to replace, and money can't obtain that.

Harbaugh going to Michigan will make Ohio St, Michigan and Penn St much stronger. It will make Michgan St stronger. It will not benefit the whole conference, including Nebraska. First off, its another 3 or 4 years before we ever play them. Either us or them will be looking at a totally diferent scenario. Either Riley is great and were winning at least West division titles or we are a 8-9 game winners like we are now and still feeling left out of all major football conversations. Either Michigan is winning titles and playing in playoffs or they are in the same boat as Nebraska and only winning 8-9 games a year. There is not enough room in the conference for multiple 10 wins teams. It doesn't happen that way. Your going to have alpha dogs and then all the rest. The Big 10 wants those dogs to be Michigan and Ohio ST. They want that game in late november to be what decides a playoff birth. The Big 10 champion game will be just a formality. Like this years game actually turned out.

I think Riley can win 9-10 games a year right now. I think the schedule will effect that down the road however. I think once Harbaugh and Urban get their rivialry going it will take over the Big 10 conference. That will be the key game each year, like it use to be. We can't compare ourselves to Michigan and Harbaugh or several fans will be and end up disappointed. If our days in the Big 12 should have taught us anything, it was once you lose your natural rival its never the same. If a conference wants to set up certain teams for more success than others, it can be done. Remember we are not blood Big 10, and never will be.

• Fire 3

Even a bigger ground out, was the fact that Eichorst was in San Fran, and we all know his first choice was Harbaugh, and that was quickly turned away. Then Mr Riley was on the board somewhere from our 3rd to 5th choice. We know that Bielema was contacted. We know that Harbaugh was first choice. I think Riley was at least 3rd on the list if not 4th or 5th. Like I have said, the new Tv deal almost guarantees us at least 40 million $ per year once its up and running in full capacity. That right there should have been enough to lure in a huge home run hire. I guess at some point you decide if Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball and other sports really matter. Alabama doesn't care about anything other than football. Most of the athletic budget is generated thru the football program. Its time for Nebraska to consider where we stand. Do we want to compete in all major sports or do we put our eggs back into our football basket and start acting like 1980"s Nebraska.

• Fire 3

Even a bigger ground out, was the fact that Eichorst was in San Fran, and we all know his first choice was Harbaugh, and that was quickly turned away. Then Mr Riley was on the board somewhere from our 3rd to 5th choice. We know that Bielema was contacted. We know that Harbaugh was first choice. I think Riley was at least 3rd on the list if not 4th or 5th. Like I have said, the new Tv deal almost guarantees us at least 40 million $ per year once its up and running in full capacity. That right there should have been enough to lure in a huge home run hire. I guess at some point you decide if Volleyball, Basketball, Baseball and other sports really matter. Alabama doesn't care about anything other than football. Most of the athletic budget is generated thru the football program. Its time for Nebraska to consider where we stand. Do we want to compete in all major sports or do we put our eggs back into our football basket and start acting like 1980"s Nebraska.

Jim Harbaugh was SE's top choice? Says who?

Even a bigger ground out, was the fact that Eichorst was in San Fran, and we all know his first choice was Harbaugh, and that was quickly turned away. Then Mr Riley was on the board somewhere from our 3rd to 5th choice. We know that Bielema was contacted. We know that Harbaugh was first choice.

You're full of crap.

• Fire 7

Facts, not speculation or your opinion!

I think Harbaugh is going to have a lot of problems. It is not the golden path he is on. He walks into a talent situation far worse than Bo faced and way more competition in his division, two true rivals that have improved a tremendous amount. Michigan's talent is down and only six committed. Dead time until the 15th I think. Going to be a rough year to fill the cupboard.

Coach Riley was not a splash hire. We all wanted one, it did not happen. Get over it and support our coach, or take your whiney butt to Youngstown and support Boner is how I feel. Give the guy a chance, Christ half sucked on Bo up until a couple of months ago, that's 7 years. Some have not even given Riley a month and they call him a failure. We had the epitome of failure walking the sidelines, destroying everything about the program and some still love the idiot.

Harbaugh in time may put Michigan back on the map, but he has a way tougher job right now than Coach Riley, unless the poison that Bo preached is so embedded in the team he can not over come it. I think he will, a lot easier being around a nice guy than a raving lunatic.

• Fire 1

I think Harbaugh is going to have a lot of problems. It is not the golden path he is on. He walks into a talent situation far worse than Bo faced and way more competition in his division, two true rivals that have improved a tremendous amount. Michigan's talent is down and only six committed. Dead time until the 15th I think. Going to be a rough year to fill the cupboard.

Coach Riley was not a splash hire. We all wanted one, it did not happen. Get over it and support our coach, or take your whiney butt to Youngstown and support Boner is how I feel. Give the guy a chance, Christ half sucked on Bo up until a couple of months ago, that's 7 years. Some have not even given Riley a month and they call him a failure. We had the epitome of failure walking the sidelines, destroying everything about the program and some still love the idiot.

Harbaugh in time may put Michigan back on the map, but he has a way tougher job right now than Coach Riley, unless the poison that Bo preached is so embedded in the team he can not over come it. I think he will, a lot easier being around a nice guy than a raving lunatic.

Just because someone is unhappy about the Riley hire does not mean they opposed Pelini being fired.

I will give the guy a chance, but it doesnt mean Im super excited about the future of our program under him. There is only one way to change that...win. It also doesnt mean I was upset when Bo was fired.

Just because someone is unhappy about the Riley hire does not mean they opposed Pelini being fired.

I will give the guy a chance, but it doesnt mean Im super excited about the future of our program under him. There is only one way to change that...win. It also doesnt mean I was upset when Bo was fired.

100% where I'm coming from...

I think this situation left a lot of folks wondering if we've really upgraded the coaching position? He hasn't coached a game for our team yet, his record is so so (which isn't completely indicative of his potential, but doesn't instill confidence at the same time), and is bringing in "his guys" which the last coach was "guilty" of...