Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

From 1991-1996 the 6 years prior to Riley OSU won a total of 13 games in Rileys 2 years he won 8 games. The recruits in Rileys first 2 classes were the upper classmen that went on to win 11 games in 2000 and won the PAC championship.

From 2001-2006 stanford won 25 games in JHs first 2 years he won 9 games. His classes from those 2 years ended up going 12-1 in 2010 and finishing 2nd in the PAC

People have a hard on for JH who has just as many conf championships and national championships as Mike Riley. Has JH shown the ability to sustain success? Nope he bails whenever he started to get things going.

As was mentioned before they are 2-2 against each other let the guys coach in the B1G before you hate on our HC

Last 3 hires -

Solich

18 year assistant an significant role in 3 national championships

Cally

One year removed from coaching in the Super Bowl

Bolini

Came to Lincoln late because he was busy coordinating a defense to a national championship.

"Splash hire" is like a unicorn or perfect woman. There is no such thing.

wrong, JH was a true splash hire!

is this the splash hire that everyone was looking for?

http://s472.photobucket.com/user/benkeck/media/GinoTopGun2.gif.html

USC, UCLA and Alabama all approached Riley about becoming their head coach.

A decade ago.......

Almost 5 years but fortunately for you and unfortunately for the majority here, knowing what the f#$k one is talking about isn't required to post here

Alabama offer was in December 2002.

Personally, I have come around from being very skeptical about MR to hopeful he can recruit and coach this program back into national relevance. However, there is no question JH is the type of boom hire that will pull recruits from around the B1G and beyond. I happen to think JH is a great hire for Michigan and he has proven he can turn a program around. However, I don't think improving inter-conference competition will hurt, but rather help. After all, the alleged tough schedule has not limited how many teams are ranked in the Top Ten from the SEC. I also think the direct recruiting impact might affect Ohio State and Michigan State more than us. It will not be until 2016 that either Michigan or Nebraska can bring in a class of their own so all of this is such wait and see.

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue.

Valid point. There are posters that bring up this is about Pelini. It's not. Pelini is drawing a nice little paycheck courtesy of his buyout. He's fine. This is about the head coaching market and where Nebraska stands with all our resources, facilities, tradition, and history. Apparently, we found out.

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue.

Valid point. There are posters that bring up this is about Pelini. It's not. Pelini is drawing a nice little paycheck courtesy of his buyout. He's fine. This is about the head coaching market and where Nebraska stands with all our resources, facilities, tradition, and history. Apparently, we found out.

It's not a valid point. We don't have to pay him 4-5m a year. If he wins some big games he will probably be rewarded for it. I know there is something like 1m in bonuses for winning post season. Riley is not a hot name that had a bunch of offers coming at him. We offered what we needed to get him, he isn't doing it for the money and paying him more won't make him better.

• Fire 1

So someone is willing to sell you a New prius for 25k, another dealership offers you the exact same prius for 50k. So you spend the extra 25k just to show that you can?

Ps prius was used because Riley drives one

So someone is willing to sell you a New prius for 25k, another dealership offers you the exact same prius for 50k. So you spend the extra 25k just to show that you can?

He drives a damn Prius? Of all the things people have said about him, that is the first thing I have heard that deserves criticism.

• Fire 2

He drives a damn Prius? Of all the things people have said about him, that is the first thing I have heard that deserves criticism.

When he isn't riding his bike. The guy has been in oregon for over a decade. A few slabs of Nebraska beef with have him driving a Silverado before you know it

I would say either way you got ripped off!

When he isn't riding his bike. The guy has been in oregon for over a decade. A few slabs of Nebraska beef with have him driving a Silverado before you know it

Silverado? He can go coach the Hawkeyes then.

We want this team to be smash mouth again? Then the coach's truck has to be Built Ford Tough.

:box