Anyone wanna bet Michigan IMPROVES and Nebraska

Husker Q

I haven't read this entire thread because I think it's stupid and unnecessary.

The thing that I've realized from all of these haters is that they're all "30+ year fans," "done their research," or "have been thinking." What they fail to mention is credibility. There is none. We don't know how riley or his staff will do but that's the fun of the new season or coaching. You have an opinion? Fine. Just realize no one respects it for more than cannon fodder so just stop or go start a thread of haters.

Were you one of the Bo haters? Just askin.

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that. We should have gone after the best coach on the landscape. At that point however, San Fran was still in the playoff hunt, and Nebraska wasn't his cup of tea.

Prove otherwise. Listen, no one knows for sure other than maybe a booster or two, but all signs point to Harbaugh being a pick.

Michigan is going to change light years next season. Look at the game they lost. Coaching wins at least 3 of those losses. At least 3. Riley can win at least one of the games that Pelini lost, but its right, much easier to upgrade from 5 to 9. Michigan was also a program much like Nebraska was in its last year with Callahan. Players quit midway thru and it got worse as it went. So who really knows if they are in that bad of shape.

Riley was out recruiting in SF and Perlman was there for a meeting. ESPN wrote an entire article about it. You should read it

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/in-san-francisco-meeting-eichorst-and-perlman-find-our-guy/article_d024a272-7cb1-11e4-97d9-7f8f570d3d6e.html

espn only knows what they were told........

Please pull your head out into the sunshine.

T_O_B

There was nobody for Nebraska to throw money at.

Harbaugh had to wait until the NFL season was over. Well before that, any college suitor, including Nebraska, would have contacted Harbaugh's agent and been told there was absolutely no chance Jim Harbaugh was interested in anything other than staying in the NFL or coming home to Michigan. Better save your time and money.

This process would have been repeated with every supposed splash hire from Jon Gruden to Gary Patterson.

Hats off to Michigan. They were very lucky with their timing. Nebraska did alright, too. Should be an exciting Big 10.

I think Riley improves Nebraska. Michigan already had good recruiting classes under Hoke, so I don't see why there would suddenly be a dearth of good recruits. Plus, in some ways, Oregon State under Riley was better than Nebraska under Pelini. Riley managed to beat some very good teams they were not expected to, which Pelini, did not do for the most part. So even if he puts up the same records as Pelini, they would likely be performances that the NE fan base would be more proud of.

If he puts up inconsistent records where the highs are higher (12-2, 13-1), but the lows are lower (7-6, 8-5), I think this would be still be an improvement. Of course, he could have worse records each season, but he seemed to do well with limited resources, so I think NE fans should be hopeful that he'll do better with more resources.

We stole Michigans oline coach. Is this bet still up?

Wut

isnt our new running backs coach the TE coach and was offered by Harbaugh to coach oline at Michigan?

Or am i nuts?

I mean ... the two are not mutually exclusive.

But the answer to your first question is yes.

If everyone on here has to have proof of what they are posting......good luck. This is a message board for having an opinion, expressing those opinions and talking about "what ifs".

When you "guarantee" that Nebraska made its first offer to Jim Harbaugh, you force the issue, chief.

One of the opinions I have is that your opinions have been pretty short on merit.

"What if" you backed your guarantee with something slightly more substantial than an Athletic Director being in San Francisco?

• Fire 2

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue.

Valid point. There are posters that bring up this is about Pelini. It's not. Pelini is drawing a nice little paycheck courtesy of his buyout. He's fine. This is about the head coaching market and where Nebraska stands with all our resources, facilities, tradition, and history. Apparently, we found out.
So someone is willing to sell you a New prius for 25k, another dealership offers you the exact same prius for 50k. So you spend the extra 25k just to show that you can?

Ps prius was used because Riley drives one

He drives a damn Prius? Of all the things people have said about him, that is the first thing I have heard that deserves criticism.

When he isn't riding his bike. The guy has been in oregon for over a decade. A few slabs of Nebraska beef with have him driving a Silverado before you know it

Silverado? He can go coach the Hawkeyes then.

We want this team to be smash mouth again? Then the coach's truck has to be Built Ford Tough.

:box

Ford's are the safest truck on the road, because most are in the shop

If that were true, which it isn't, wouldn't that then make them NOT on the road? Typical Chevy guy, not smart enough to even insult someone and have it make sense. lol

I drive a Nissan haha

Fair enough, either way I don't like the Prius...

Yeah... gas mileage... or something...

Michigan and Ohio St have the reigns right now and for what Michigan is investing and for what Nebraska has invested makes me wonder about "resources". If your truly a college blue blood football program, then where is Riley's 4 or 5 Million$? If your university and AD actually think this guy is the one, he should have been given $4 mill per year, not $2.7 mill. Proof is in the pudding on this issue.

Valid point. There are posters that bring up this is about Pelini. It's not. Pelini is drawing a nice little paycheck courtesy of his buyout. He's fine. This is about the head coaching market and where Nebraska stands with all our resources, facilities, tradition, and history. Apparently, we found out.
So someone is willing to sell you a New prius for 25k, another dealership offers you the exact same prius for 50k. So you spend the extra 25k just to show that you can?

Ps prius was used because Riley drives one

He drives a damn Prius? Of all the things people have said about him, that is the first thing I have heard that deserves criticism.

He does yoga too.

So does our football team: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/husker-players-embrace-yoga-as-part-of-new-training/article_2f6a5ea2-3c57-52cd-a003-377fd21cb5a7.html

Might explain why we've been so soft. Hopefully Philipp has them doing the Rocky IV workout instead.

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that.

Michigan is going to change light years next season. Look at the game they lost. Coaching wins at least 3 of those losses. At least 3. Riley can win at least one of the games that Pelini lost, but its right, much easier to upgrade from 5 to 9. Michigan was also a program much like Nebraska was in its last year with Callahan. Players quit midway thru and it got worse as it went. So who really knows if they are in that bad of shape.

Couple things bud.

1) If you just fired a hot headed coach, why the hell would SE go after another individual who's personality is similar? Doesn't really make a lot of sense, to talk about how you're looking to change the mentality of the program, yet hire someone like Harbaugh after letting Bo go. Talk about a quick way to lose credibility.

2) You're quote about Riley only wins one of the games we lost this year due to coaching is laughable. He wins at least two of those, thinking Minnesota and USC. But I know that doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative you're proclaiming we will have at UNL.

I don't know you guys, probably won't watch any games next year. I'm just going to buy 30 team tix for Michigan for the B1G and National Championship game so I can profit off their guaranteed success with Harbaugh at the helm.

Why was Eichorst in San Fran the day after we or he fired Bo? Why San Fran? I will guarantee you that the first Guy we offered this job to was Mr. Harbaugh. I am not knocking that.

Couple things bud.

1) If you just fired a hot headed coach, why the hell would SE go after another individual who's personality is similar? Doesn't really make a lot of sense, to talk about how you're looking to change the mentality of the program, yet hire someone like Harbaugh after letting Bo go. Talk about a quick way to lose credibility.

2) You're quote about Riley only wins one of the games we lost this year due to coaching is laughable. He wins at least two of those, thinking Minnesota and USC. But I know that doesn't fit the doom and gloom narrative you're proclaiming we will have at UNL.

I don't know you guys, probably won't watch any games next year. I'm just going to buy 30 team tix for Michigan for the B1G and National Championship game so I can profit off their guaranteed success with Harbaugh at the helm.

good plan.

Couple things bud.

bold move Cotton. Lets see how it pays for em.
  • Fire 1