What is your realistic opinion

Well considering Oregon has been in BCS bowls for six straight years this is much more than Mariota. Scott Frost has been the main recruiter of many of these big name players. He's the real deal. Word is Oregon is in the lead for Hawaiian

Superstar QB recruit Tua Tagovailoa who they say is the next Mariota. Oregon just reloads. I think they'll have their first National Title next week. The Frost stock is going to continue to rise. He is just added dollar amounts to his resume.

• Fire 1

Well considering Oregon has been in BCS bowls for six straight years this is much more than Mariota. Scott Frost has been the main recruiter of many of these big name players. He's the real deal. Word is Oregon is in the lead for Hawaiian

Superstar QB recruit Tua Tagovailoa who they say is the next Mariota. Oregon just reloads. I think they'll have their first National Title next week. The Frost stock is going to continue to rise. He is just added dollar amounts to his resume.

I have Oregon winning it all in my pool. I picked them because of Mariota and the D has been getting better. The future will hold the truth.

Can Scott Frost do what he is doing tonight with Oregon at Nebraska in less than ten years?

Can Huskerboard posters stop getting sweaty thinking about Scott Frost?

I agree to a point, then my my wanders to dream land when they show him in the booth looking cool as a cucumber calling plays for an Unstoppable offense in championship games. The experience he is gaining and the ability of him to mold a play sheet to serious destruction...if hes at all interested in nebraska, im interested in him whenever that may be.

Can Scott Frost do what he is doing tonight with Oregon at Nebraska in less than ten years?

I agree to a point, then my my wanders to dream land when they show him in the booth looking cool as a cucumber calling plays for an Unstoppable offense in championship games. The experience he is gaining and the ability of him to mold a play sheet to serious destruction...if hes at all interested in nebraska, im interested in him whenever that may be.

he's been in a system Chip Kelly created/constructed. He wouldn't have that here. Who's to say he would be any good at all here? Let him cut his teeth somewhere else besides Oregon and prove his mettle. Then let him come here. until then, cool the Frost talk because he is unproven outside of his haven of Oregon.

That's like saying Tom Osborne is unproven outside his haven of Nebraska. You either have it or you don't. He obviously has it leading that offense the past two years.

• Fire 1

I am not saying if I prefer Frost now or ever, because it really doesn't matter. The reality is he will be a hot prospect within the next year and will get a HC chance before NE needs one again. Whether that opportunity is one he will leave to come back here, or if the state of the Huskers requires a completely new direction, is speculation that I can't get my head around.

he's been in a system Chip Kelly created/constructed. He wouldn't have that here. Who's to say he would be any good at all here? Let him cut his teeth somewhere else besides Oregon and prove his mettle. Then let him come here. until then, cool the Frost talk because he is unproven outside of his haven of Oregon.

i agree.......he is not the end all to Oregon's success.....he is in a system he understands and has great coaches all around him........if he leaves Oregon how many guys do you think would follow him? my guess is not many, someone steps into his slot, they back fill that guy's spot and give the assistants raises to keep the group intact........Nike is supporting this deal.......there is a ton of money to keep the coaches right where they are and recruiting class is top notch.....this all makes Frost look great, but would be damn hard to replicate anywhere else, without rebuilding a program from bottom up, as there is no one quite like Oregon.

Look, I'm not all wet over the prospect of Scott Frost at NU.

My original question was: Could he do what he is doing at Oregon at NU in less than ten

years?

I think he has had an abundance of help achieving his success and those who think he could pack up his scheme and game plans and bring it to NU and be immediately successful are delusional!!!

Look, I'm not all wet over the prospect of Scott Frost at NU.

My original question was: Could he do what he is doing at Oregon at NU in less than ten

years?

I think he has had an abundance of help achieving his success and those who think he could pack up his scheme and game plans and bring it to NU and be immediately successful are delusional!!!

And the fact that they are the new Free Shoes University doesn't help, I'm sure :laughpound

Speed is far from the entire story. The difference for Oregon this year, that has pushed them a higher level is physicality to match their speed.

I agree with this. The biggest difference I saw in Oregon yesterday was their control of the line of scrimmage (specifically on defense). This is something that the Huskers have done almost never under Pelini (both sides).

On a side note, the offense that has attacked the most during this bowl season has been GT. Maybe even TCU.

There's going to be big changes in Lincoln if we start winning the war up front.

Looks like Scott does a good job of helping the Oregon QBs keep a balanced perspective:

http://www.worldmag.com/2015/01/heisman_trophy_winner_football_doesn_t_define_me

Oregon, on the other hand, won eight games by at least 24 points. The school and its alumni boosters have spent tens of millions of dollars on palace-like facilities to recruit players who will help the school win NCAA titles. But the Ducks have yet to do so.

“It’s a huge pressure, but you learn a lot about yourself through it,” Mariota said. “Coach Frost has helped me learn that football doesn’t define me. It’s just what I do.”

That may be harder to accomplish now that he’s a “Heisman Trophy winner,” but Frost helps him keep that in perspective.

“Even if you’re competing for a national title and you lose a game, if you’re all in for God first, then your foundation is on the rock, and you’re not going to be shaken,” Frost said.