Way Too Early 2015 Top 25 Poll

The USC thing is a god damn joke. I dont care how talented they are and who's coming back and this and that. All they did during the Holiday Bowl was preach and preach about USC being so elite next year. If that's so, what does that say about Nebraska? Seriously. Right there with them every step of the way. In position to beat them. If you use this season as a gauge for next season, Nebraska should have jsut as legit a shot. You can claim talent all you want, but hte game has to be played on the field. And again, the preseason rankings doing everything they can to screw up college football.

Except for the fact we will be a completely different team next season.

The USC thing is a god damn joke. I dont care how talented they are and who's coming back and this and that. All they did during the Holiday Bowl was preach and preach about USC being so elite next year. If that's so, what does that say about Nebraska? Seriously. Right there with them every step of the way. In position to beat them. If you use this season as a gauge for next season, Nebraska should have jsut as legit a shot. You can claim talent all you want, but hte game has to be played on the field. And again, the preseason rankings doing everything they can to screw up college football.

For the better or for the worse?

Dont give me the "we're losing this guy and that", cuz so is USC. The question remains. If USC is a legit playoff contender next year, then WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT NEBRASKA? They squeeked by a mentally fragile team guided by an interim, skeletal coaching staff in a time of dissarray. I would say that Nebraska wasnt even close to stable, yet.....

So no, Nebraska isnt a legit top ten team for next year. Which means that neither is USC. What's the basis?

For the better or for the worse?Dont give me the "we're losing this guy and that", cuz so is USC. The question remains. If USC is a legit playoff contender next year, then WHAT DOES THAT SAY ABOUT NEBRASKA? They squeeked by a mentally fragile team guided by an interim, skeletal coaching staff in a time of dissarray. I would say that Nebraska wasnt even close to stable, yet.....So no, Nebraska isnt a legit top ten team for next year. Which means that neither is USC. What's the basis?

The basis is from what I know about USC, which isnt a boatload, they return a lot of talent and their staff as well.

We on the other hand lost some key guys and are breaking in a new staff.

The close score against them in the bowl has 0 meaning on the 2015 team. Barney coached that game, not Riley. We have no clue what Nebraska will be in 2015.

Some guy at USAToday has us #25.

25. Nebraska (9-4)

Why No. 25? Because there's enough talent to make first-year coach Mike Riley's debut a fairly successful one. Add to that a kind schedule: Nebraska draws Brigham Young, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Iowa at home, though the Cornhuskers do take a nonconference trip to Miami (Fla.) to take on the Hurricanes. In another year, perhaps, Nebraska would be a valid dark-horse contender coming out of the Big Ten. But even with assets in their corner, the Cornhuskers will hit a bit of a learning curve under the new staff.

Some guy at USAToday has us #25.

25. Nebraska (9-4)

Why No. 25? Because there's enough talent to make first-year coach Mike Riley's debut a fairly successful one. Add to that a kind schedule: Nebraska draws Brigham Young, Wisconsin, Michigan State and Iowa at home, though the Cornhuskers do take a nonconference trip to Miami (Fla.) to take on the Hurricanes. In another year, perhaps, Nebraska would be a valid dark-horse contender coming out of the Big Ten. But even with assets in their corner, the Cornhuskers will hit a bit of a learning curve under the new staff.

I think that is a fair assessment.

USC is too high, otherwise, it's hard to argue.

That hype was starting before the bowl game against Nebraska.

They're talented, but they're losing a lot.

They also have seven-win-sark as HC.

Yeah, there are a lot of USC alums who are growing very weary of him, Haden as well.

I agree and thats why I am really starting to shy away from anything ESPN. You think they would've learned their lesson when they had USC pegged as the #1 team a couple years ago and they ended up folding like a lawn chair. Its all miserable, its my opinion that Mich. St. should be four, but two teams from the weak BIG would make them all look worse than they do.

NU probably would have been 25th with Bo...you would think they would sneak in around 20th with Riley.

Let it go.

You don't think they will be better with Riley?
Yes, I do.

Me too, I think we know that if Bo was still the coach next year most people would fill out the ballot and stick NU at 25ish...I think with Riley as coach more of those voters will take a longer look at NU, see that the schedule sets up really well for them and that the new staff has many years of experience WITH a team that has a lot of starters back and I think most voters will stick them around 20.