Joe Ganz on OWH The Bottom Line today

S Callahan - want to get kids who can drive to Lincoln. Plane tickets are expensive.

Sigh...... smh

Again, how easy is it to fly into Tuscaloosa, or Knoxville, Tallahassee, or ANY college town for that matter. Garbage and excuses. Self fulfilling prophecy, etc, etc. You can fly into Omaha, from just about anywhere for $200 on Southwest. It ain't tough.

S Callahan - want to get kids who can drive to Lincoln. Plane tickets are expensive.

Sigh...... smh

Again, how easy is it to fly into Tuscaloosa, or Knoxville, Tallahassee, or ANY college town for that matter. Garbage and excuses. Self fulfilling prophecy, etc, etc. You can fly into Omaha, from just about anywhere for $200 on Southwest. It ain't tough.

Do you want parents to do this every weekend of the season? Throw in taking Friday off of work, renting a car, getting a hotel room, and other expenses, it can't be easy to make regular plane trips.

People aren't flying into Alabama, Tennessee, or other schools in the south because most of their talent is WITHIN DRIVING DISTANCE of those schools.

The new commit from Oklahoma, Barrett, is a perfect example of this. He liked Riley and Cavanaugh, but Oregon State was simply too far for him to go to school. Riley comes to Nebraska, and the kid is all of a sudden a lot more interested. Do you know why? It's because Lincoln is a lot closer than Corvallis and his parents can make easy trips to go see him IN A CAR.

• Fire 4

Sigh...... smh

Man, you really don' t know d&ck. Nebraska as a state is just short of 500 miles across., bout 250 top to bottom. From Tuscaloosa to Atlanta it is right at 200 miles. From Tuscaloosa to New Orleans it is about 280 miles. That doesn't include all the small towns in between the big cities that all of the 4-5 star recruits that go to Alabama or LSU or Georgia live in. That is an easy drive to get to the game that starts at 2:30. I leave Atlanta at 8 AM I am in Tuscaloosa no later than noon.

I can't believe you really don't think that makes a difference.

• Fire 1

Sigh...... smh

Man, you really don' t know d&ck. Nebraska as a state is just short of 500 miles across., bout 250 top to bottom. From Tuscaloosa to Atlanta it is right at 200 miles. From Tuscaloosa to New Orleans it is about 280 miles. That doesn't include all the small towns in between the big cities that all of the 4-5 star recruits that go to Alabama or LSU or Georgia live in. That is an easy drive to get to the game that starts at 2:30. I leave Atlanta at 8 AM I am in Tuscaloosa no later than noon.

I can't believe you really don't think that makes a difference.

Well, I'm glad you aren't in charge of the football program then. We might as well just say the heck with it, and just fold up the program.

Last time I checked there are these things called airplanes, and they let people fly all over the place in just hours for a very low price.

Soup, I think what they are saying is that if you have to fly...it is not always that cheap...Let's say, just for this topic that a kid comes from Florida is thinking about NU...

His parents want to see him play as much as possible...his final two are UF and NU...So they start doing the math

Lets say the find those cheap tix: 200 each, round trip (that is really cheap) 400 total

Hotel for Friday-Sunday: 50 a night so 150 total (cheap again, I think)

Food and drink for two people: 100 dollars total (cheap I think)

Rental car: 20 a day: 60

710 dollars...for one game.

Soup, I think what they are saying is that if you have to fly...it is not always that cheap...Let's say, just for this topic that a kid comes from Florida is thinking about NU...

His parents want to see him play as much as possible...his final two are UF and NU...So they start doing the math

Lets say the find those cheap tix: 200 each, round trip (that is really cheap) 400 total

BAG MEN

And many of these families don't have much to begin with.