2015 Walk-On Class

Mavric

Noah Johnson - LB - 6'0", 195 lbs. - Sutton

In just four games, Johnson has blasted past the 1,000-yard mark. The 6-foot-1, 210-pounder has 1,188 yards on just 80 carries. That 14.9 yards per carry and 297 yards per game.

While Johnson revels running past a defender, there's a defiant note of pride when he runs through one.

"When you watch film and see yourself outrunning a kid, it's nice to know you're faster," Johnson said. "During the play, though, I think it's running through someone. That gets you pumped up."

Last week, he scored the first five times he touched the ball. He carried the ball just nine times for 343 yards and six touchdowns, sitting out much of the second quarter and playing only the first series of the second half in Sutton's 56-6 win against Shelby/Rising City.

LJS

Holds the C-2 record for yards rushing in a season with 2,892 this past year. Holds the 11-man (all class) state record for yards rushing per game at 289.2.

Huld Highlights

He had over 300 against us the first game of the year. Kid is good. Not shifty at all though. He will end up as a fullback. Guaranteed. Nice frame on him

What is the status on him? He is currently not listed among the Nebraska walk-ons.

B9BQWN5IcAAQrbe.jpg

Wyatt Mazour, who accounted for six touchdowns and amassed 378 total yards during Boone Central/Newman Grove's victory in the Class C-1 state title game has announced his decision Friday.

A 5-foot-9, 186-pounder who played quarterback for BC/NG, Mazour was the All-Nebraska quarterback according to The World-Herald.
Our All-Nebraska analysis described Mazour as "electric and explosive," noting that he led the Cardinals by rushing for 1,625 yards, throwing for 1,869 and accounting for 51 total touchdowns.

OWH

Hudl Highlights

5403ba6918ae9.preview-620.jpg

This kid here reminds me of a certain someone that we used to have in the back field. #22.

After a pair of 300-yard, five-touchdown games to open his senior season at Sutton, Noah Johnson went on a visit to Nebraska’s home game against McNeese State. That’s when Johnson realized he had what it took to be a Husker.

“That kind of inspired me to keep up the hard work throughout the season and in practice,” Johnson said. “It was nice to have Nebraska notice me.”
If NU’s interest was the inspiration for Johnson’s final high school season, it worked.
Johnson ran for 2,892 yards, the top total in the state for all classes, and 40 touchdowns in 10 games. And he’s joining the Nebraska football program as a walk-on running back.
Even though he said it was hard to turn down offers from the University of Nebraska at Kearney and Nebraska Wesleyan, Johnson didn’t hesitate when NU came calling.
“I don’t know how many high school kids get the opportunity, especially at the Class C-2 level,” Johnson said. “It was a pretty exciting opportunity, so I had to take it.”

OWH

Walk-Ons meshing into the team can only be a good thing. You get a kid like Johnson whose dream has been to be a Husker his whole life, who gets the culture and feel of the program from a Nebraskan's point of view, who then busts his ass on the practice field and weight room all day, every day, that love of the program and work ethic is going to help build the culture we want on this team. Maybe he doesn't see the field, maybe he supplants a four-star recruit - doesn't really matter. Just being there, working hard, makes the team better in many ways.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

Walk-Ons meshing into the team can only be a good thing. You get a kid like Johnson whose dream has been to be a Husker his whole life, who gets the culture and feel of the program from a Nebraskan's point of view, who then busts his ass on the practice field and weight room all day, every day, that love of the program and work ethic is going to help build the culture we want on this team. Maybe he doesn't see the field, maybe he supplants a four-star recruit - doesn't really matter. Just being there, working hard, makes the team better in many ways.

I agree, it will help build up the culture we want on this team. I have a lot respect for the Nebraska players that walk on, especially the talented ones that get offers but choose the path of their Husker dreams. And like you said, they understand and know what it takes to work for it. And they will put in the hard work. Pretty sure Riley will be happy with this group.

• Plus1 1

After a pair of 300-yard, five-touchdown games to open his senior season at Sutton, Noah Johnson went on a visit to Nebraska’s home game against McNeese State. That’s when Johnson realized he had what it took to be a Husker.

“That kind of inspired me to keep up the hard work throughout the season and in practice,” Johnson said. “It was nice to have Nebraska notice me.”
If NU’s interest was the inspiration for Johnson’s final high school season, it worked.
Johnson ran for 2,892 yards, the top total in the state for all classes, and 40 touchdowns in 10 games. And he’s joining the Nebraska football program as a walk-on running back.
Even though he said it was hard to turn down offers from the University of Nebraska at Kearney and Nebraska Wesleyan, Johnson didn’t hesitate when NU came calling.
“I don’t know how many high school kids get the opportunity, especially at the Class C-2 level,” Johnson said. “It was a pretty exciting opportunity, so I had to take it.”

OWH

this kid will redshirt and see some field time starting next year.......great to have him here.