ESPN Recruiting Nation Class Rankings

According to espn our class is ranked 31st just behind Michigan State and Louisville, and just ahead of Baylor and North Carolina State. I think its interesting even though we had the coaching change and a lot of bad press we were still able to pull in a decent signing class. Its also pretty awesome how Riley came in held the class together and improved it from where it would have most likely ended up if Pelini would have stayed. We were still able to beat out Baylor who is one of the hottest teams of the last 5 years. I like to think Riley will be a very good recruiter and be able to pull top 15 classes when given a full year to recruit talent to Lincoln.

• Fire 3

31st doesn't sound that super, but I've seen the list and there are a lot of good schools beneath us. I'm happy with the class that the coaches put together.

The Lincoln newspaper showed all of our recruits and the various offers that they received. A lot of good schools were going after the guys that we got.

Nebraska is going to get a lot of positive national press going into games for the 2015 season with Riley at the helm. Even if we do not have a stellar season, I predict that we will have an even better class next February. I do not get the same feeling that we had for Pelini's first class where we seemed to take anyone just to fill up our allotment.

Coach Riley did a great job in keeping the class together. Hard to do, no question. I am not that impressed with the class, and look to see much better classes in the future.. The past staff had no idea of how to recruit, or the real value of it. Stated so many times.

We have a good coach, that knows the ropes, things will get better I think. People are talking about Nebraska, bring in some wins against those we are supposed to lose to, the trend will rapidly go up. Totally different idea than what we have had in the past. Cutting edge.

Next year is what is important. And the fact that he beat Michigan. He just has to put Nebraska back on the map for wins that matter.

• Fire 2

According to espn our class is ranked 31st just behind Michigan State and Louisville, and just ahead of Baylor and North Carolina State. I think its interesting even though we had the coaching change and a lot of bad press we were still able to pull in a decent signing class. Its also pretty awesome how Riley came in held the class together and improved it from where it would have most likely ended up if Pelini would have stayed. We were still able to beat out Baylor who is one of the hottest teams of the last 5 years. I like to think Riley will be a very good recruiter and be able to pull top 15 classes when given a full year to recruit talent to Lincoln.

Their enthusiasm is through the roof. That's the best part. They see Nebraska as an opportunity to succeed instead of a disadvantage. It always amazes me how anyone could see this program as "disadvantaged", but there are fans and former coaches who believed that.

The new staff has a lot of offers already going out. They don't seem to hesitate in going after the guys they want.

They currently have 3 players committed to the 2016 class. The number one guard from Iowa, the number one guard from Illinois, and a TE right out of Lincoln. These guys clearly understand that the game starts up front.

• Fire 1

I applaud MR and his staff. They did a nice job with this class. It was cool to get updates from them along the way. I can only imagine the recruits they would secure if they could end up ranked top 15 in the polls. And if they don't achieve that ranking, I still think this program is on the right path, and recruiting will still improve.

Their enthusiasm is through the roof. That's the best part. They see Nebraska as an opportunity to succeed instead of a disadvantage. It always amazes me how anyone could see this program as "disadvantaged", but there are fans and former coaches who believed that.

The new staff has a lot of offers already going out. They don't seem to hesitate in going after the guys they want.

They currently have 3 players committed to the 2016 class. The number one guard from Iowa, the number one guard from Illinois, and a TE right out of Lincoln. These guys clearly understand that the game starts up front.

The three guys you mentioned committed when Bo was here.

And for the poster above, I'm pretty sure at the time Bo got fired, the class was rated higher.

I'm not saying Riley didn't do a good job. He did a great job holding on to the old recruits, but give Bo and his staff some credit.

And for the poster above, I'm pretty sure at the time Bo got fired, the class was rated higher.

I'm not saying Riley didn't do a good job. He did a great job holding on to the old recruits, but give Bo and his staff some credit.

The only reason the class was rated higher earlier is becuase at 15ish or so committs it was in line numbers wise with most programs. I think when we were at 10 commits, the class was top ten, but that ranking started to drop fast, and expectingly so cuz it was going to be a smaller class anyway, becuase other schools started to fill out to upwards of 23,24,25 and more committs. Look where Penn st wound up. They were no. 1 at one time depending on service, but their numbers cost them in the rankings.

• Fire 1

Good job Bo and Staff on recruiting.

I believe you won't find too many people that gave Bo more credit on recruiting here than I did. Even when it seemed like everybody wanted to say we were losing because we didn't have talent, I knew it was because of shortcomings by the staff. Even when Bo was blaming his own players for not executing, I knew the players were plenty talented, its that the coaches were over complicating and not teaching.

As bare as we are at some positions groups, the guys we do have in those spots are awesome players IMO. So quite contrary to what you might believe my opinion is, I think we have a ton of talent on this roster thanks to Bo and Co. I think those guys were very good at finding talent. If they were better coaches and developers they'd still be here.

We got coaches that find talent, coach it up, and put their players in a position to succeed now. I can thank Bo for that as well. Thanks for moving on Bo.

How much does Riley have to improve recruiting at Nebraska for NU to compete and defeat Ohio state? Does Nebraska need top ten classes or is Riley a better coach than Meyer that he can achieve the same success with lower rated classes. I know people here don't think stars and class rankings matter but it has to when you look at where teams that win national titles are ranked in recruiting. Perhaps some smarter than me could help me out.