New College gameday host wants to come to...

Lincoln, NE

http://dataomaha.com/quick-hit/423#new-host-rece-davis-hopes-to-bring-college-gameday-to-lincoln

Sports Illustrated spoke to Davis about the future of the show:

Davis said one of the few college football sites he has yet to see in person is Nebraska. He hopes GameDay will make its way to Lincoln in the near future. “Hopefully Mike Riley will have the Cornhuskers strong enough to have us host in the next few years.”

• Fire 2

Sure would be nice to have Game Day here again. It has been quite some time. I remember the last coaching change we had, quite a few people believed in the special relationship Herbstreit had with our coach, they would be here often.. Didn't pan out that way unfortunately.

It'd be cool for them to come. Not just because they are here, but because it would seem like we were relevant again.

Any ideas where they would have them set up?

Last time, it was set up inside the stadium for the game vs. USC.

The only other time I can think off the top of my head was just east of East Stadium. Back when that parking lot wasn't a parking lot, but just a grassy area.

I would like them to come here because it would be good for the program and the local economy, but I'll never watch college game day again. It's not even about a perceived bias or anything. I spend all off-season living off just talk, so by the time football rolls around I don't care for any talk. (Unless it's on my favorite message board :-) Plus I'll most likely be watching 10 to 12 hours of football on Saturday, no need to tack on hours pre-game talking heads to that time.

College game day is better when you mute the tv and just read the signs. Or if you play the drinking game.

But having them here would be really beneficial to the program. I wonder if they pre approve any signs taken in to the location. If not a well place ESPN Sucks sign would be great to see.

As arrogant as this show/network has become, I'd just assume they take their show elsewhere regardless of how well our team performs. At one time, we held the record for largest fan turn out for GameDay (maybe we still do). Perhaps if they come back, we can set the record for lowest attendance by not showing up.

They could post up in front of east stadium since it's paved all the way too the street now.

It's possible but I don't think the tailgaters there would be very happy.

I'm talking about the sidewalk in front of the stadium. 300 by 100 feet of concrete, with only vendors, trees and a statue.

As arrogant as this show/network has become, I'd just assume they take their show elsewhere regardless of how well our team performs. At one time, we held the record for largest fan turn out for GameDay (maybe we still do). Perhaps if they come back, we can set the record for lowest attendance by not showing up.

I think Missouri broke that record