Gym Pet Peeves

Stumpy1

Working out causes one to sweat. Sweat causes one to smell poorly....

I get the above situation.. However, there is a guy in our gym i cant run next to or I will actually vomit. I mean, the dude is SO smelly. I assume he doesnt wash his workout clothes or something, but seriously, stinks up the whole gym.

I dont expect roses, but at least wash your gym clothes after 2-3 uses if you are a big sweater.

I cover my shirt in well over 50% in sweat, and so i wash my workout clothes after every use... it is a waste, but i cant stand the ripeness those things get after 1-2 workouts.

I do upright row with dumbbells or smith machine, depending on what's being used.

I do decline bench on smith or with dumbbells.

I do incline bench with dumbbells and/or smith. Though I do prefer dumbbells for both of those.

I do shrugs with dumbbells or the smith machine.

I do my heavier squats on the smith, probably shouldn't but it gives me more stability with the heavy weight.

I have done abs on the bench press multiple times.

You guys would go to my gym and then be on here talking about "that guy", and I would be that guy I guess. I use whatever isn't already being used to get my workout done and get the f#*k outta there. Don't got time to be f'ing around or catering my lifts around everybody else and their jerk off time.

If I see someone taking way too long on something I need, especially the cables.....always the damn cables, if they walk away I will pretend I didn't know they were on it and I will jump in and start my sets.

Step one to recovery is always admitting you have issues...

I get the above situation.. However, there is a guy in our gym i cant run next to or I will actually vomit. I mean, the dude is SO smelly. I assume he doesnt wash his workout clothes or something, but seriously, stinks up the whole gym.

I dont expect roses, but at least wash your gym clothes after 2-3 uses if you are a big sweater.

I cover my shirt in well over 50% in sweat, and so i wash my workout clothes after every use... it is a waste, but i cant stand the ripeness those things get after 1-2 workouts.

Who doesn't wash their clothes after each use? I understand not washing jeans and maybe some other pants every time. But, every piece of workout gear should be worn once, and then washed. Not doing so is just gross!!!

Who doesn't wash their clothes after each use? I understand not washing jeans and maybe some other pants every time. But, every piece of workout gear should be worn once, and then washed. Not doing so is just gross!!!

Meh, if you bath regularly (which I hope everyone does...) you can get away with wearing shorts a few times and maybe a t-shirt twice, but definitely not the undergarments.

Meh, if you bath regularly (which I hope everyone does...) you can get away with wearing shorts a few times and maybe a t-shirt twice, but definitely not the undergarments.

You may be bathing regularly, but if you do any sweating in those clothes, the clothes are going to stink. The sweat may dry, but the stink doesn't go away. Mind blown!!!

You may be bathing regularly, but if you do any sweating in those clothes, the clothes are going to stink. The sweat may dry, but the stink doesn't go away. Mind blown!!!

Thats just the thing... I sweat hard because i am out of shape.. so my clothes are drenched.

I am with Zrod that maybe shorts.. but my undershirt(Dry fit) and cotton shirt i run in are covered in sweat.. I wash those after every use.. i have a ton of workout shirts, so i could workout 20 times without wearing the same shirt.

Thats just the thing... I sweat hard because i am out of shape.. so my clothes are drenched.

I am with Zrod that maybe shorts.. but my undershirt(Dry fit) and cotton shirt i run in are covered in sweat.. I wash those after every use.. i have a ton of workout shirts, so i could workout 20 times without wearing the same shirt.

Dry fit clothes are the ones that smell the worst. They are polyester fibers that trap in the stench, which can only be washed out. Cotton fibers "breathe" a little more, so they might not smell as bad after a workout.

Dry fit clothes are the ones that smell the worst. They are polyester fibers that trap in the stench, which can only be washed out. Cotton fibers "breathe" a little more, so they might not smell as bad after a workout.

Dry fit is awful. I mean I love they way they feel and fit, but one drop of sweat in those things and they've got a funk. I can't even wear one out after golfing on a cool day.

Fellas- If you are working out and sweating, WASH YOUR GOTDAMN CLOTHES! No excuses

Yea, I'm gonna have to agree with this guy. I don't want to smell you and I don't want to be using some stank equipment you just got done with.

What if you didn't toss your gym clothes in the dryer and just slammed a preworkout shake and need to get to the gym NOW? Go naked or smelly clothes?