Gym Pet Peeves

Stumpy1

Yeah, that's not cool at all! We HAVE to do our barbell benching inside the power rack at the gym I go to as it's the only option, but I don't think I could stay quiet if I seen someone do that in front of me!

Our gym is the same way. Luckily we have a couple racks and the other one was available when she done this.

I will deadlift inside the rack every once in awhile. It allows me to spread my stance out wider and place my feet against the bottom brace on the rack to keep them from slipping. I only do this when I want to try for greater depth in my deads. This is the only time I will remove the safety bars from the rack. I figured she was going to maybe do something along those lines when she removed them...Nope, she grabbed a bench and done some flys.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest pet peeve, besides someone not wiping down their station when they are done, and the guy who drops weights after each set... is that guy who thinks it is needed to walk in front of the gym with his chest puffed out (weighing 140lbs wet) and feels the need to get a drink of water out of the fountain after every little set he does. Don't water log yourself bro!

New guy in the gym today.

But nothing that hasn't already been listed as pet peeves.

I'm all for people of any shape getting better but this guy wasn't really getting better. I was in there for 65 minutes, and I saw him looking in the mirror picking at his blackheads and texting/watching youtube videos more than he was lifting. He was around 6'2 and a very soft 220-240. He did do 3 sets of squats, although it wasn't heavy (it was 105). He rested for 6 mins AT LEAST between squat sets.

When I was doing bent over row's on the pivot machine, he came over to me and started yapping about this girls but exploded from putting too much oil in her butt as an implant. Then he tried to show me a video of some dude in brazil, at that point I said "yea, thats weird." put my head phones in and walked away.

Came back and he was there waiting for me, I could barely hear him trying to talk to me AS I WAS LIFTING, and I just kept looking down and ignored him. He finally walked away. I considered myself to be a jackass at that moment but I had work to get done. If you really need a friend then I will do my best to help ya and chat over lunch or something but not in the freaking gym.