Gym Pet Peeves

Stumpy1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought some of you might appreciate this, so when you get a moment, you might take a look at the Twitter account @GymWankers_. Some pretty funny videos - what some people do in a gym that they think is "lifting" is...baffling and hilarious. And I'm sure you'll see something that makes you say, "I have a guy at my gym that does the same thing!"

Which one of you did this?

Why would you put that much weight on it if you can't even walk it off the rack? This guy is allowed to vote. People like this can vote.

1) I think he was going to do calf raises with that much weight

2) The bar rests, or what ever you call them, weren't even. It happens.

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually a YouTube comment pet peeve.

Every time I watch a lifting tip video, if it's a guy and his calves aren't huge, people make fun of him for having toothpick legs. Apparently Usain Bolt needs to work on his calves too. They're not sexy enough and I bet he could run faster if he'd give them more attention.

Usain_bolt_2007-2.jpg

There are plenty of dudes out there at the gym though, and every gym has them, where it's completely obvious that the guy is skipping leg day every week. Just seen one last week, his legs were skinny as hell, but his upper body was huge! Oh, and he also rubbed baby oil all over his arms so everyone could see him. Give me a break man............. eyeswear2allthatsholy

There are plenty of dudes out there at the gym though, and every gym has them, where it's completely obvious that the guy is skipping leg day every week. Just seen one last week, his legs were skinny as hell, but his upper body was huge! Oh, and he also rubbed baby oil all over his arms so everyone could see him. Give me a break man............. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Ha! That is awesome!

Or they could have amazing gentics (sarcasm) like myself, where you have to buy pants a waist size up to fit your thighs and like to be able to run whenever and not be sore, so you neglect all things legs...

The last excuse is lazyness, but the first is annoyingly true.

You don't need tree trunk legs to have a strong lower body, though. There is a guy at the gym I go to that looks a little top heavy and gives the appearance that he skips leg day. However, he does legs every week and squats and deadlines a lot of weight, but you wouldn't know that just by looking at him.

This is actually a YouTube comment pet peeve.

Every time I watch a lifting tip video, if it's a guy and his calves aren't huge, people make fun of him for having toothpick legs. Apparently Usain Bolt needs to work on his calves too. They're not sexy enough and I bet he could run faster if he'd give them more attention.

Calves seem to be a largely genetic thing. I've never trained mine a day in my life, and they're massive. Then there's the dudes who train them religiously, but still have chicken legs.

You don't need tree trunk legs to have a strong lower body, though. There is a guy at the gym I go to that looks a little top heavy and gives the appearance that he skips leg day. However, he does legs every week and squats and deadlines a lot of weight, but you wouldn't know that just by looking at him.

Yeah, but the question is, does he rub baby oil all over himself for all to see?! :lol: