ok... so who has some names for the new DB coach?

http://1620thezone.com/common/page.php?id=119

I am not tech savvy, so here is the link to the 1620 podcast Sharp & Benning from this morning, under "The Air Jordans" from 1:50-2:45. Gary says it could be a "wow" hire and could end quickly, Benning says like 10 days. The name has been thrown out on the show before, but they didn't say the name today.

When they were talking about that, I was thinking to myself that my dream hire would be Brian Dawkins. One of the best safeties to ever lace up in the NFL, and alread familiar with us since he was Lee's coach in HS. You'd have a ton of name recognition and BDawk is just a very intelligent guy. He'd be fun to listen to as a recruit.

However, I do not know if they've dropped his name on the show before. I can only hope.

BDawk would be badass! Probably wishful thinking though.
besides being a great player does he have any coaching or recruiting experience at the the college level? Great players don't always make great coaches.

I am not tech savvy, so here is the link to the 1620 podcast Sharp & Benning from this morning, under "The Air Jordans" from 1:50-2:45. Gary says it could be a "wow" hire and could end quickly, Benning says like 10 days. The name has been thrown out on the show before, but they didn't say the name today.

When they were talking about that, I was thinking to myself that my dream hire would be Brian Dawkins. One of the best safeties to ever lace up in the NFL, and alread familiar with us since he was Lee's coach in HS. You'd have a ton of name recognition and BDawk is just a very intelligent guy. He'd be fun to listen to as a recruit.

However, I do not know if they've dropped his name on the show before. I can only hope.

besides being a great player does he have any coaching or recruiting experience at the the college level? Great players don't always make great coaches.

Yea, I agree. I think dude guys said "dream hire". I was pretty much just agreeing. Dudeguyy referenced that Dawkins coached Eric Lee in high school. I'm not familiar at all with that. I just liked Dawkins as a player and a leader. Not sure what kind of coach he'd be.

Like I said, chalk this one up to wishful thinking.

If I really wanted to throw out a crazy wishful thinking name, I'd say hire Champ Bailey. Former SEC player and ties to the south and Midwest. #boom

Yea, I agree. I think dude guys said "dream hire". I was pretty much just agreeing. Dudeguyy referenced that Dawkins coached Eric Lee in high school. I'm not familiar at all with that. I just liked Dawkins as a player and a leader. Not sure what kind of coach he'd be.

Like I said, chalk this one up to wishful thinking.

If I really wanted to throw out a crazy wishful thinking name, I'd say hire Champ Bailey. Former SEC player and ties to the south and Midwest. #boom

my dream hire would be Dick Lebeau, I heard he's looking for a job

They did mention Dawkins name on during segment with Mike Schaefer. But listening the last couple of days some names they've thrown out.....

Bill Busch-- would be "interseting" according to Gary.

Daniel Bullocks-- basically just referenced Fabians tweet about him.

Kenny Wilhite-- sounded like they are on the bandwagon with him.

My gut tells me it might be Wilhite..... But they did say "wow" hire. Wilhite isn't a wow hire, but he does have that St Louis connection Neb may need to get some good players.

I think that maybe it will be someone that has ties to Riley as a former coach, or one of his former players that has maybe a little NFL experience. I don't see a big splash hire, as Riley seems to bring people he has worked with before. Warren was probably kept on because of his ties to the two from Col. jmo

GBR!!!

I think that maybe it will be someone that has ties to Riley as a former coach, or one of his former players that has maybe a little NFL experience. I don't see a big splash hire, as Riley seems to bring people he has worked with before. Warren was probably kept on because of his ties to the two from Col. jmo

GBR!!!

He was kept because he had only been poisoned by Bo for 1 year and he is an up & coming recruiter with ties in the south.

Well based on the giant hint that Sharp and Benning just threw out, I will guess this guy:

Chris Ball - ASU Co-D Coordinator/Safeties/Def. Passing Game

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=749629&SPID=126713&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=207911638&Q_SEASON=2014

Need to do some more research on the connection though.

edit - some other options that fit the hint dropped:

Mike Chiurco - Arizona Cardinals Defensive Backs Coach

http://www.azcardinals.com/team/coaches/mike-chiurco/2a859ef2-1718-4915-b6f3-128c90109a22

Matt Caponi - Arizona Wildcats Safety Coach

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=750029&SPID=127113&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30700&ATCLID=207985613&Q_SEASON=2015

However Damon did mention something about ASU campus, not sure why Chris Ball would leave the Co-DC title though

Well based on the giant hint that Sharp and Benning just threw out, I will guess this guy:

http://www.thesundevils.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=749629&SPID=126713&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30300&ATCLID=207911638&Q_SEASON=2014

So, he was DC at Washington State. Moved to ASU as Co-DC and coaches safeties and now he is going to come to Nebraska and just coach DBs?

Seems like the guy has success but is slipping backwards in positions.

So, he was DC at Washington State. Moved to ASU as Co-DC and coaches safeties and now he is going to come to Nebraska and just coach DBs?

Seems like the guy has success but is slipping backwards in positions.

Yeah, if he is the guy not sure what the draw is other than more money. Maybe he gets Co-DC? I have listed a few other options above as well. Who knows at this point, maybe being in AZ has nothing to do with where the targeted coach is currently at. Maybe the guy is currently a HS HC, I also haven't even looked at the JUCO schools either.

I don't think anyone is going to come in and coach DBs and also be co-DC. We already have more than one coach on the defensive side with coordinator experience and nobody has "co" in front of DC.

I'm guessing location of where certain staff travels to is not going to give any indication on who our next hire is. Many times these coaches meet in alternative locations so that current players and recruits don't get nervous.

I don't think anyone is going to come in and coach DBs and also be co-DC. We already have more than one coach on the defensive side with coordinator experience and nobody has "co" in front of DC.

I'm guessing location of where certain staff travels to is not going to give any indication on who our next hire is. Many times these coaches meet in alternative locations so that current players and recruits don't get nervous

I pretty much agree with you on your points, however the way Sharp put out AZ as where Riley is was in a way to infer who is the leading candidate. He also hinted that a deal is close to being done. Damon said something about visiting ASU's campus, but maybe he was playing along to reinforce the "hint" that was being dropped. Someone sent in a text asking about B. Dawkins in the same segment and Sharp said maybe but then basically inferred no and re-stated his previous statement about being in AZ. Who knows at this point, we are all grasping at straws. First the Head Ginger threw us all for a loop, then Riley showed that he is a sneaky bastard as well.