A look at Mike Riley's offense

papersun87

Riley uses the talent he has in their most dangerous way.

How did you determine this to be true?

By watching at least one Oregon State game during his tenure. As has been brought up multiple times, Corvalis is a pretty rough place to get elite talent to come to. When he finds a diamond in the rough, he utilizes them to their strong suit.

Riley uses the talent he has in their most dangerous way.

How did you determine this to be true?

Watch some games and see for yourself. He will use DPE like he did the Rogers Bros. He has produced better receivers then we ever have and they don't get that way by not being used. It's not f'ing rocket science.

• Fire 1

I see us being something similar to what Stanford runs. They are as efficient as they come, and we can pull in much more talent at the skill positions to win 1 v 1 that sometimes they don't have the ability to. Also Wisconsin does a good job of beating you any way they need to. Paul Chryst greatly influenced by Riley and this is where I see us going

Watch some games and see for yourself. He will use DPE like he did the Rogers Bros. He has produced better receivers then we ever have and they don't get that way by not being used. It's not f'ing rocket science.

Magnificent! So with all that, why does Riley have one 10 win season as a college coach, numerous losing seasons and no conference titles in 15 years?

Because not even Urban Meyer or Bo Pelini are likely to win PAC championships at Oregon State.

Glad you didn't include Dennis Erickson in that list.
with Rileys team cuz Riley got an NFL job ge did so well.

Theres a theme here. Theres gonna be a counterpoint to every pessimistic point you make. So do yourself a favor. Grab a glass. Take a seat. And let me poor you a glass of our finest aged ice cold kool aid. For the love of god....

• Fire 1

I see us being something similar to what Stanford runs. They are as efficient as they come, and we can pull in much more talent at the skill positions to win 1 v 1 that sometimes they don't have the ability to. Also Wisconsin does a good job of beating you any way they need to. Paul Chryst greatly influenced by Riley and this is where I see us going

if we had half the quality players Stanford gets i would be thrilled........we ain't even close.

.... Stanford was #14 in recruiting.