Blackshirts to Watch This Spring

For example, skip to the 1:16 mark. Bando run more or less step for step for 80-90 yards with Adoree Jackson, a high-five star recruit who averaged 30 yards per catch last year.

Lol it was definitely on the LESS side of that.

Less side of what?

Well hell Mav, also watch the Miami game. You can see Bando how many times in that first half before he was spelled by Roach, show obvious hesitation in picking up Duke Johnson out of the backfield, but when he did, he was catching him from behind. That again is not a knock on his athletic ability. It's a knock on his mind, the system, or the teacher.

Exactly. I think a lot of people saw him repeatedly a step or two behind and thought he was slow. But if you watch closer, you can see he's about as fast as anyone. He was just putting himself in a hole by getting off to a really slow start (for whatever reason).

Here is my two deep on Defense. Yes, I already have one.

DE- McMullen --Stoltenberg

DT- Collins ----- Maurice

DT- Valentine---Williams

DE- Gangwish--Keels

LB- Santos------Banderas

LB- Rose-Ivey--Young

LB- Newby------Barry

CB- Davie--------Kalu

SS- Gerry--------Cockrell

FS- Alexander--Williams

CB- Jackson-----Lee

There's absolutely no way Banderas isn't the starter MLB. And leaving out Chris Jones from the 2 deep is a mistake.

Rose will lock up the MLB spot

If Bando is a better athlete than Rose wouldn't it make sense to play rose is the middle an have Bando outside so he could use his athletic ability to get to the edge/sideline?

That's my thinking.

Can someone point me to where the coaches said otherwise? I missed that.

If Bando is a better athlete than Rose wouldn't it make sense to play rose is the middle an have Bando outside so he could use his athletic ability to get to the edge/sideline?

That's my thinking.

Can someone point me to where the coaches said otherwise? I missed that.

It was mentioned in the past week. I'm guessing I saw it on twitter from some writer. Here is the only link that I could find that mentions it.

http://www.cornnation.com/2015/3/4/8131381/nebraska-football-2015-spring-preview-linebackers

• Fire 1

You said more or less step for step with him.... I disagree is basically what I was saying.

Then you are blind because he was within 3-5 yards of him the whole time while dodging his teammates and blockers

I agree. Over all speed is not Banderas' problem. His reaction time is very slow. And that's what hurts him.

Let's see what he is like in a different system that might be better for his skill set.

You said more or less step for step with him.... I disagree is basically what I was saying.

Then you are blind because he was within 3-5 yards of him the whole time while dodging his teammates and blockers

I agree. Over all speed is not Banderas' problem. His reaction time is very slow. And that's what hurts him.

Let's see what he is like in a different system that might be better for his skill set.

Hopefully the new system will allow more instinctual reactions rather than thinking first, then reacting. If that makes sense

I don't see why we would want Bando at Mike. Kid isn't tough enough to take on the blocks up the middle, he has more speed than Rose so I think OLB would make more sense. Santos and Bando have proved nothing to me so far. I'd rather see what Newby and the incoming freshman can do at this point.

Santos makes the ez plays.......that's about it.

it's nice Santos and Bando have experience, but in the B1G they are simply average in talent and ability.....neither one could start for Ohio state or MSU.......we need talent!

I find this Bando/OhioSt thing funny because Urban made a run at Bando coming out of high school, even got him to visit. Obviously Urban thought the talent was there. They also tried to flip Mike Rose.
  • Fire 1