Offensive Line - A Work in Progress

yep, the old staff didn't care how fat these kids got, pitiful, the kid should have known better too........where the hell were the developmental coaches?????? what a f'ing joke was Pelini.

Can we put this myth to bed?

LINK

LINCOLN — Zach Hannon’s old way of thinking about his weight had a certain pleasurable logic to it. It included more ice cream, for one thing.

The urgency wasn’t there. See, even with a few extra pounds on his 6-foot-5 frame, the Nebraska sophomore offensive lineman could still run with athleticism and speed. He’d go into conditioning drills with teammates and more than hold his own. He could cut weight fast and with relative ease when he had to. Maybe it’s the former high school lacrosse player in Hannon. Big man can move.

So, yeah, the Kansas City (Missouri) Rockhurst graduate rolled into Lincoln in 2013 weighing “350-ish.” He officially weighed in at 342 that first summer on campus. So then-NU coach Bo Pelini dropped by the weight room.

His chat with Hannon had a few extra pounds on it, too.

“Choice words,” Hannon recalled.

It hit home — Hannon cut his weight, he said, to 305 before his first camp.

• Fire 2
  • 3 weeks later...

This could be seen as a good or bad sign. Good sign- as in there's some heavy competition and a lot of guys look and play the part so it's hard to pick a top guy right now. Bad sign- nobody is really stepping up and impressing at any of the other positions.

I'm betting it may be a bad sign. I don't hold a lot of faith in the offensive line. Not after the things I've watched from that area of the team the last few years. Really gonna have to wait and see what happens with this group. I have no idea what to expect.

Farmer did 38 reps on the bench at 225 pounds during winter conditioning. That would have been tops among any player at this year's NFL Combine and tied for the fifth most of anyone at the Combine over the last five years.

Off topic but I am friends with a guy that played OL at a Div 2 school. Last week tossed 225 up 48 times