CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The story from earlier in the year when he started to drift away from Nebraska was he thought he wanted to go to a school that was already competing at the highest level (national championships) and producing a lot of NFL talent. That seemed to be when Ohio State really got into the mix. He doesn't want to be in school for four years. He wants to be there 3.5 then go to the NFL. At that point (some three months ago), Ohio State was the school among his favorites that fit that description the best (Michigan was also involved). Since then, USC's resurgence may have put them back closer to that level.

Fortunately for him, both places have Cane's close by.

The story from earlier in the year when he started to drift away from Nebraska was he thought he wanted to go to a school that was already competing at the highest level (national championships) and producing a lot of NFL talent. That seemed to be when Ohio State really got into the mix. He doesn't want to be in school for four years. He wants to be there 3.5 then go to the NFL. At that point (some three months ago), Ohio State was the school among his favorites that fit that description the best (Michigan was also involved). Since then, USC's resurgence may have put them back closer to that level.

Mav, I would like to hear one of your reasons why not Nebraska.

My lord man the whole last month of this thread he's probably listed 50

• Fire 2

Because that's the impression almost every recruiting guy has had for some time. Even the Schaefer piece today - with it's many different reports - did not have a single one saying Nebraska was the leader. The closest we got was the compromise choice that everyone seemed to be OK with but wasn't really anyone's first choice. Also included was a report from one of the Army Bowl staffers who said Nebraska was out.

I don't know what will end up happening. There is obviously enough different options for this to go any way - including the possibility that he ends up at Nebraska. But it just doesn't seem very likely. For me, the lack of an official visit or an in-home visit is kind of telling. Obviously he's been here a few times, but that's been quite awhile ago now and things definitely seemed to have changed since then. At this point, they seem like fun trips to take with friends. And they were always only him. Would think having the parents come on an official visit or meet with the coaches in-home would be fairly important in this process.

Alright, thanks for the answer. I understand those concerns, but I feel like the other details that have come to light and the events of the past suggest there is a decent chance he comes to Nebraska. The latest is the omission that D Williams is a coach Darnay could definitely see himself playing for.

Did we all forgot Darnays brother plays for Arizona?

My lord man the whole last month of this thread he's probably listed 50

Right, I guess my point was what's his reason now that more sources are saying Nebraska has a shot.

His brother playing to Arizona doesn't really play much of a factor at this point.

What if I told you, the coach we hired, coached his brother? Now, what if I told you, his brother raved about said coach. Would you believe me?
If it was a bigger deal then I would think Darnay would've at least mentioned that at one point.

His brother playing to Arizona doesn't really play much of a factor at this point.

What if I told you, the coach we hired, coached his brother? Now, what if I told you, his brother raved about said coach. Would you believe me?
If it was a bigger deal then I would think Darnay would've at least mentioned that at one point.

His father mentioned today.

Didn't know that. Still doesn't change the fact that most experts don't expect him to go to Nebraska.

I'm not trying to discredit you, Matty. But after following Nebraska recruiting for awhile I've become more pessimistic when a top rated recruit has Nebraska in their top group. Mainly because it's never worked in our favor.

• Fire 1