CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think our best chance would be Keyshawn letting him know that "his brand" can be made where ever he goes.

Such a great kid I think we could use his character as much as his talent. I totally get if he goes to Ohio State but he could get lost in the shuffle there if he's expecting to play early...

Ucla makes sense I guess if he wants to stay home but definitely the lowest quality program of his choices...

That is an interesting factoid. Regardless of how much it influences his final college decision, it must be really cool for him to have KJ's help though out this process.

Does anyone know how the Holmes family is connected to KJ?? I find the God-Parent dynamic an interesting part of peoples lives and would be curious to hear about this connection. I know of God Parents that are simply good friends of the family, but of course siblings and extended family seem to be the more common choices for God Parents from my view. Is KJ related to the Holmes family? Are Darnay and KJJ cousins??

I think our best chance would be Keyshawn letting him know that "his brand" can be made where ever he goes.

Such a great kid I think we could use his character as much as his talent. I totally get if he goes to Ohio State but he could get lost in the shuffle there if he's expecting to play early...

Ucla makes sense I guess if he wants to stay home but definitely the lowest quality program of his choices...

I agree. He's handled this process very well, it would be great to have that sort of attitude and composure on the team.

It would suck if he chooses to go to one of the other schools, but its impossible to not respect the time and effort he's put into making this choice. If it was my son, I couldn't fault him in the least bit for choosing from this list of schools, all are good choices.

I don't think they are related.

I didn't figure that they were related otherwise you would assume that the recruiting services would've written about both Darnay and KJJ from that angle by now, but there must be a deep connection somewhere. I'm curious of that connection, how far back they, whether its a connection with the Dad's, Mom's, or whoever. I can't imagine it makes a huge difference amongst these final 4, but I'm just curious about their back story is all -- maybe KJ can address it if he ever write an autobiography. :)

Ohio State keeps sending guys to the NFL at the CB position. There will be competition for playing time this spring.

I don't think they are related.

I didn't figure that they were related otherwise you would assume that the recruiting services would've written about both Darnay and KJJ from that angle by now, but there must be a deep connection somewhere. I'm curious of that connection, how far back they, whether its a connection with the Dad's, Mom's, or whoever. I can't imagine it makes a huge difference amongst these final 4, but I'm just curious about their back story is all -- maybe KJ can address it if he ever write an autobiography. :)

Found this article that mentions the godfather relationship. I think Sr and the Holmes are just good family friends.

Newest nugget: Holmes has applications in at Nebraska. Per Schaefer

He probably has applications in at all of his final four schools.

True, but if we were not in serious contention here, it would be a waste of time.

If true, and if it's also true that he hasn't decided yet, we obviously have a chance of actually getting him.