CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clouse is about selling subscriptions. If he can tease husker fans enough to buy a subscription to find out all the "top secret information" on recruits then hes done his job, gets paid, and hopefully gets a good bonus b/c he did so.

What if he does know something though? Do we completely discount everything he says because it's his job to sell subscriptions?
Obviously only speaking for myself, but I don't "completely discount" everything he says but I do take it with a grain of salt. Just a personal opinion, I prefer quality reporting over quantity reporting.
I take his and other recruiting guys opinions into account. But like you said, i tend to take them with a grain of salt. I think we have a chance with Darnay b/c he is still including us. But im not gonna sit here and say we have a 95% chance of landing him or not landing him. We have a chance is all i would be willing to predict.

Hmmm that 95% chance sounds familiar 🤔

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1742584-army-bowl-no-1-cb-holmes-set-to-announce?s=204

"I will have hats for UCLA, Nebraska, Ohio State and USC," said Holmes.

"It's between those four schools. They've been recruiting me the hardest during the four-year process. I'm going to make sure I acknowledge their recruitment of me and it would be disrespectful if I don't put those hats on the table the way they've recruited me. I want to show them my respect."

Holmes had in-homes with Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer and UCLA coach Jim Mora.

"Urban came out for our third playoff game and we met with Coach Meyer and then Coach Mora came out right before the dead period," said Holmes. "Urban has been the main one recruiting me at Ohio State and Coach Meat (Demetrice Martin) and Coach Mora at UCLA."

ME: The way I see it it's between UCLA and Ohio state and he's going to put hats out for USC and Nebraska as a sign of respect for how hard they've recruited him the past 2+ years but they aren't really in it

• Fire 3

Man, did some more digging. I think we got a shot.

I was just wondering why you don't have him N on the poll. I was checking who put a Stanford vote for him, since he isn't going there at all and how more people have Stanford then OSU. You picked Stanford despite sunshine pumping him N this whole time. I just saw it cause I was checking Stanford picks and was just curious.

Thinking we have a shot here, a cool scenario would be this. Darnay is N, so he has his buds Tristan and Keyshawn bring some stuff down for him. Since he is enrolling early, so when he gets here he will bring the rest with him when he comes,

Another scenario is he is enrolling early at UCLA so he won't have to go far to get stuff from home.

Just my 2 cents on this situation.

Man, did some more digging. I think we got a shot.

I was just wondering why you don't have him N on the poll. I was checking who put a Stanford vote for him, since he isn't going there at all and how more people have Stanford then OSU. You picked Stanford despite sunshine pumping him N this whole time. I just saw it cause I was checking Stanford picks and was just curious.

Thinking we have a shot here, a cool scenario would be this. Darnay is N, so he has his buds Tristan and Keyshawn bring some stuff down for him. Since he is enrolling early, so when he gets here he will bring the rest with him when he comes,

Another scenario is he is enrolling early at UCLA so he won't have to go far to get stuff from home.

Just my 2 cents on this situation.

I think I put in a Stanford vote a really long time ago and forgot about it. I sort of fell off on the voting system.

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1742584-army-bowl-no-1-cb-holmes-set-to-announce?s=204

"It's between those four schools. They've been recruiting me the hardest during the four-year process. I'm going to make sure I acknowledge their recruitment of me and it would be disrespectful if I don't put those hats on the table the way they've recruited me. I want to show them my respect."

Holmes had in-homes with Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer and UCLA coach Jim Mora.

"Urban came out for our third playoff game and we met with Coach Meyer and then Coach Mora came out right before the dead period," said Holmes. "Urban has been the main one recruiting me at Ohio State and Coach Meat (Demetrice Martin) and Coach Mora at UCLA."

ME: The way I see it it's between UCLA and Ohio state and he's going to put hats out for USC and Nebraska as a sign of respect for how hard they've recruited him the past 2+ years but they aren't really in it

Confirms we didn't even in home. Hard to think we have a legit chance without the in home. Has his father ever even met Riley in person?
  • Fire 4

It would be awesome if he committed to us, but I just can't see it.

He never official visited here (I know he's been here a couple times unofficially), we never did an in home visit with him, we have 0 crystal ball predictions, and the only guy who think that we have a chance is a NU reporter.

Some jackball on facebook saying R.Johnson supposedly let it slip that he and Darnay are going to Florida. Obviously Darnay isn't.

Darnay to Florida would be ridiculous. I'm saying 0 chance that happens.

Clearly Darnay isn't going to Florida.

But Johnson probably is if there is any merit to the claim.

Confirms we didn't even in home. Hard to think we have a legit chance without the in home. Has his father ever even met Riley in person?

Alright. Hear out my interpretation of that.

Why would he feel the need to put our hat on the table if we haven't continued recruiting him? Would it seem disrespectful to not have a teams hat on the table that stopped recruiting you?

On other hand, it could be a tip of the hat to Keyshawn and Gebbia. I guess we will find out soon.

Alright. Hear out my interpretation of that.

Why would he feel the need to put our hat on the table if we haven't continued recruiting him? Would it seem disrespectful to not have a teams hat on the table that stopped recruiting you?

On other hand, it could be a tip of the hat to Keyshawn and Gebbia. I guess we will find out soon.

I believe we have continue to recruit him to a point but didn't do an in-home because we felt we were not in real contention (whether that came from Darnay or just feeling who knows). Darnay has a good head on his shoulders and has handled the process in a very respectful manner. I could easily see him leaving us "in contention" as a thank you to the staff, university and KJJ/Gebbia.
  • Fire 1

In the Gebbia video interview with OWH last night, he said he spoke Darnay and he's still undecided.

Of course he did, did you expect him to ruin Darnay's moment?

No, I was simply sharing the information. I felt a conversation with an enrolled commit and an undecided commit the week of his commitment noteworthy.