CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let me ask you this: If Darnay doesn't pick NU, does that mean I'm right and he's wrong? Or is it going to be "well, he never said he was ACTUALLY picking Nebraska"?

I would say, you were right and had a more realistic look at the situation... but if you're wrong, you don't want to know what I'd say about you.

Matty, heel!

I just don't understand how you can look at this kids situation and have the expectation that he is going to wind up at NU. Sure it's possible that he COULD end up at NU but it doesn't really mean Mav or myself or anyone else who's saying we're not likely to land him is wrong. Based off of all the information that has been make available to the public Darnay has been trending to Ohio State with UCLA seen as the alternative. Him going to USC or NU is certainly plausible but to see all the information that's come out in the last 3-4 months and have an expectation that he's a Husker just doesn't seem to add up

Let me ask you this: If Darnay doesn't pick NU, does that mean I'm right and he's wrong? Or is it going to be "well, he never said he was ACTUALLY picking Nebraska"?

I really don't know what's going to happen and if I had to place a bet on what I think might happen, I wouldn't bet on N. But it doesn't mean I'm willing to say N can't happen.

I just don't understand how you can look at this kids situation and have the expectation that he is going to wind up at NU. Sure it's possible that he COULD end up at NU but it doesn't really mean Mav or myself or anyone else who's saying we're not likely to land him is wrong. Based off of all the information that has been make available to the public Darnay has been trending to Ohio State with UCLA seen as the alternative. Him going to USC or NU is certainly plausible but to see all the information that's come out in the last 3-4 months and have an expectation that he's a Husker just doesn't seem to add up

Agreed, basically what I meant by my last post. But many posters have said he is NOT coming to N.

And again- I want him to end up here. I want the best players at every position in the country in Lincoln. If he commits to the Huskers I'll be going nuts probably moreso than any other recruit we're attempting to land. To me it just doesn't make sense how you can look at everything that he has said and the things that have been written and add it up to having NU as his leader. We don't even have a crystal ball for him at this point.

And again- I want him to end up here. I want the best players at every position in the country in Lincoln. If he commits to the Huskers I'll be going nuts probably moreso than any other recruit we're attempting to land. To me it just doesn't make sense how you can look at everything that he has said and the things that have been written and add it up to having NU as his leader. We don't even have a crystal ball for him at this point.

I wrote a fairly long synopsis about Darnay a couple weeks ago with the reasoning why it seems entirely possible. Hell, just go back to page one of his and Keyshawn's threads to see my reasoning.

I really don't know what's going to happen and if I had to place a bet on what I think might happen, I wouldn't bet on N. But it doesn't mean I'm willing to say N can't happen.

You were all Darnay to NU a while back. Something in particular change your mind?

I would say, you were right and had a more realistic look at the situation... but if you're wrong, you don't want to know what I'd say about you.

Sure I do. :lol:

Clouse is obviously closer to the situation than I am. And he has a lot of really good info. But he's also prone to reading too much into things or not looking at the whole picture, imo. At the start of the season he thought Addison Gumbs was fairly likely to commit to Nebraska on his visit which was about 10 days away. Gumbs committed to Oklahoma and never visited. That's just one example but it's kind of a trend for him over the last couple years. Plus he's still sticking with his claims about this classes' ranking. I would love him to be right but I'm not sure where the commits are going to come from to get us there. Even if we get 4-5 of the big names, we're still going to have to fill in with 5-6 lower-rated guys and I don't know if that'll get us far enough up the list. For example, it seems likely that we'll take Jaylin Bradley. I think that's a good move but he's currently a middling two-star on the 247 Composite. Is he better than that? Almost assuredly. Will he get a bump if he gets eligible and gets some bigger offers? Probably. But he's not going to be a four-star guy that we need to really push the class ranking up.

Not sure why, but Darnay won't quit mentioning us.

Wiltfrong just talked to him and said we are still in it. Said CaliBraska is real and two of his day 1 friends are going there. Williams is considered a friend and Nebraska makes sure you succeed on and off the field. (Kinda funny statement considering all the chatter on here lately)

I will say this one time. There is a chance that MR did visit him in-home or a different coach visited him. It could've been low-key. I'm not trying to get anyone up in arms. I don't know why he would keep mentioning us as a possibility if we aren't.

can you link this interview please?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Clouse to be right on this. Holmes is the kind of athlete you see running around in the New Year's Six games. He's a difference maker and would be huge for Nebraska. But when Clouse is about the only guy who thinks we have much of a chance, it doesn't seem promising. Even Callahan doesn't seem too hopeful.

Clouse is about selling subscriptions. If he can tease husker fans enough to buy a subscription to find out all the "top secret information" on recruits then hes done his job, gets paid, and hopefully gets a good bonus b/c he did so.

What if he does know something though? Do we completely discount everything he says because it's his job to sell subscriptions?

Clouse is about selling subscriptions. If he can tease husker fans enough to buy a subscription to find out all the "top secret information" on recruits then hes done his job, gets paid, and hopefully gets a good bonus b/c he did so.

Yes. But as I've said, there's a difference between "Hey! This guy is really considering Nebraska!" and "I think this guy's going to commit next week". They both sell subscriptions, the second is a bit too much Chicken Little for my taste.