CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Clouse is about selling subscriptions. If he can tease husker fans enough to buy a subscription to find out all the "top secret information" on recruits then hes done his job, gets paid, and hopefully gets a good bonus b/c he did so.

What if he does know something though? Do we completely discount everything he says because it's his job to sell subscriptions?
Obviously only speaking for myself, but I don't "completely discount" everything he says but I do take it with a grain of salt. Just a personal opinion, I prefer quality reporting over quantity reporting.

Clouse is about selling subscriptions. If he can tease husker fans enough to buy a subscription to find out all the "top secret information" on recruits then hes done his job, gets paid, and hopefully gets a good bonus b/c he did so.

What if he does know something though? Do we completely discount everything he says because it's his job to sell subscriptions?

He could. Would be great if he did in this case. He definitely does in other cases. I'm not saying he never has valid info. Just saying that he can get carried away. So far, if he's been the only one saying something, he's usually (always?) wrong.

Tristian Gebbia was interviewed on The Bottom Line today and said him and Darnay are obviously extremely close and they were talking as recently as last night about playing together and that his decision will really come down to the last minute and he will decide to do whatever is best for him and his family

Tristian Gebbia was interviewed on The Bottom Line today and said him and Darnay are obviously extremely close and they were talking as recently as last night about playing together and that his decision will really come down to the last minute and he will decide to do whatever is best for him and his family

As it should be. What's best for him may or not be best for Nebraska. Hope we get him but understand if we don't.

This tells me everything I needed to know.

Gebbia obviously won't tell everyone what Darnay is thinking or going to do and DH isn't going to lie or sugarcoat it to his long time good friend. This just moved me to 50/50 on Nebraska.

I think his first announcement date was his actual date of commitment(June 26th I believe). But his dad told him not to announce it and that he should visit and court only the other schools (top 5) that are interested (i.e. OSU, UCLA, USC) and see if he still loves his original school that he "chose" in June. And so this staff built up for all of these guys to announce at the same time and place on nationally televised All-American game to make the splash we need.

But I'm probably crazy.

Obviously only speaking for myself, but I don't "completely discount" everything he says but I do take it with a grain of salt. Just a personal opinion, I prefer quality reporting over quantity reporting.
I take his and other recruiting guys opinions into account. But like you said, i tend to take them with a grain of salt. I think we have a chance with Darnay b/c he is still including us. But im not gonna sit here and say we have a 95% chance of landing him or not landing him. We have a chance is all i would be willing to predict.