CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Any truth to us offering his GF for Track and Field?

Wow I missed a lot for the 5 hours I was gone.. She probably does have a track offer here as she's one of the best sprinters in California after her freshmen year. Obviously though UCLA and USC have better programs and she would only be with him for year so it shouldn't affect his decision.. On the news that the family is split is crazy but fun news. Mom and GF = UCLA Dad= USC and Darnay= Nebraska or Ohio State.. I think dad thinks USC will get him to the pros the fastest with the same kind of role Adoree played for them the past couple years. GF has been all about UCLA and took a visit with him there. Thinking Darnay likes OSU with the way they send players to the league. I didn't believe that Nebraska had a shot until yesterday. He loves Donte Williams. He has 3 Calabasas teammates here. Playing time on both of sides of the ball would be easy. Johnson Sr has sold Darnay that Riley knows how to utilize him on offense and special teams. Easy for his parents to come to games with Gebbia and Johnson SR flying back and forth and most likely buying a house or two. Let's face it Darnay commits to NU and he's the biggest thing in Lincoln since.... Dude would be the face of this team for 3 years. He'd be the Jabrill Peppers/Adoree Jackson/ Charles Woodson of Nebraska.. Do I think he commits to NU? No. But if he does he puts this program at a different level.

Wow I missed a lot for the 5 hours I was gone.. She probably does have a track offer here as she's one of the best sprinters in California after her freshmen year. Obviously though UCLA and USC have better programs and she would only be with him for year so it shouldn't affect his decision.. On the news that the family is split is crazy but fun news. Mom and GF = UCLA Dad= USC and Darnay= Nebraska or Ohio State.. I think dad thinks USC will get him to the pros the fastest with the same kind of role Adoree played for them the past couple years. GF has been all about UCLA and took a visit with him there. Thinking Darnay likes OSU with the way they send players to the league. I didn't believe that Nebraska had a shot until yesterday. He loves Donte Williams. He has 3 Calabasas teammates here. Playing time on both of sides of the ball would be easy. Johnson Sr has sold Darnay that Riley knows how to utilize him on offense and special teams. Easy for his parents to come to games with Gebbia and Johnson SR flying back and forth and most likely buying a house or two. Let's face it Darnay commits to NU and he's the biggest thing in Lincoln since.... Dude would be the face of this team for 3 years. He'd be the Jabrill Peppers/Adoree Jackson/ Charles Woodson of Nebraska.. Do I think he commits to NU? No. But if he does he puts this program at a different level.

Not doubting you, but you follow freshman female sprinting in California???!!!????

Not doubting you, but you follow freshman female sprinting in California???!!!????

Haha no I don't.. but last spring when it really seemed like Darnay would be N I followed him on twitter.. He always posted or retweeted about her.

The story from earlier in the year when he started to drift away from Nebraska was he thought he wanted to go to a school that was already competing at the highest level (national championships) and producing a lot of NFL talent. That seemed to be when Ohio State really got into the mix. He doesn't want to be in school for four years. He wants to be there 3.5 then go to the NFL. At that point (some three months ago), Ohio State was the school among his favorites that fit that description the best (Michigan was also involved). Since then, USC's resurgence may have put them back closer to that level.

Fortunately for him, both places have Cane's close by.

Mav, I would like to hear one of your reasons why not Nebraska.
My lord man the whole last month of this thread he's probably listed 50

Right, I guess my point was what's his reason now that more sources are saying Nebraska has a shot.

Yes, but I think you are confusing "have a shot" with "are the favorite."

The only report of us being out of it is from the Army Bowl guy. Everyone else says we "have a shot." I just don't think it's a particularly good one.

• Fire 1

Report from talking to Keyshawn Sr. he has the impression that Nebraska isn't one of the top three right now. However, he speculates that - with everyone else pulling him in different directions - he could decide to do something different and pick Nebraska. Nebraska has a chance but is a long shot.

That wasn't all a direct quote from Sr so it was hard to tell what was him and what was the reporter but he gave the impression that's basically what Sr believes. And that would somewhat correspond with the report from a different source that Nebraska isn't the #1 choice but might be a "compromise."

Edited by Mavric

Keyshawn also isn't going to public ally give away clues or tips on what Darnay should do less than 48 hours before he decides.

At this point no one is going to ruin Darnays moment or give away any decision he may or may not have reached. Feel bad for the kid having all of this pressure... makes me wonder why more guys don't get it out of the way like KJJ and Gebbia.

Question: How should we read in to radio silence from KJJ/TG and others?

Do they know he is going elsewhere and just being supportive or do they not want to ruin his surprise pick of Nebraska?

The first is probably likely

I couldn't imagine if I was being pulled in two different directions aside from my own wishes in this situation. I just hope his family fully supports whatever Darnay's choice is.