CB Darnay Holmes [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

187 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Screenshot came from RSS. Don't know how reliable it is. But fwiw...

IMG_0769.JPG

If you search his name at any of his other top schools his name does not show up. Not that it means anything

A little tough to do at USC since you need a login to actually see the directory. FWIW, not listed at Ohio State directory. Me thinks it's between USC and Nebraska like many have speculated. I think if we land Darnay it will make someone like Lewis much more likely to jump on board and see that leaving home isn't all bad

i have a buddy who's in grad school at USC i'll ask him to log in and look

• Fire 1

Perhaps he just rents a car to drive up to Lincoln then ... get info on Avis stat!

In all seriousness - if he does choose us (Im not convinced) I'd love to make sure he's there this weekend, I think there are some folks doing their official visits that would benefit from seeing him on campus.

I think so no problem.

Has anybody looking into flights booked from San Antonio to Lincoln/Omaha and SA to Columbus? (like how I primed the pump there?)

SAT-LNK one way leaving Sunday January 8 is $543 with 2 connecting flights

"As part of the invitation to play in the Army Bowl, travel is paid for, with a departing flight from San Antonio to anywhere of the player's choice. Those flights can be changed —"

• Fire 3

I said this on an OSU site in the past and I will say it here. I work in IT at an university and I wouldn't take directory information as any indication that someone will actually attend the school. The information in the directory is more accurate weeks into the semester. Also, students can be marked as private and not show up on the web. So him not showing up in OSU's directory or any other school's directory isn't any indication either.

• Fire 1

I said this on an OSU site in the past and I will say it here. I work in IT at an university and I wouldn't take directory information as any indication that someone will actually attend the school. The information in the directory is more accurate weeks into the semester. Also, students can be marked as private and not show up on the web. So him not showing up in OSU's directory or any other school's directory isn't any indication either.

What is OSU's feelings about Darnay? Is the thought that he will be committing there or elsewhere?

What is OSU's feelings about Darnay? Is the thought that he will be committing there or elsewhere?

I think it is a 50/50 shot but I am not holding my breath. Follow @birm on Twitter if you want OSU's perspective on Holmes or anyone else OSU is going after.

I hate it because Darnay is such a special talent, but I think he ends up at USC. He just seems more "Hollywood" than the other Calibraska kids. Throw in the fact that USC is one of the hottest teams in the country right now, fresh off a spectacular Rose Bowl victory, and sadly, I think he winds up becoming a Trojan.