Running Backs - What Will We Learn This Spring

I wonder if all the Imani-heads are freaking out because it appears Cross is headed for another season as the #2 guy.

At least they will still be able to use the "Imani needs to get more touches!!!" argument.

Wait...does this mean we all start saying how we thought Newbs was the best RB the entire time?

I forgot how this works. haha

I wonder if all the Imani-heads are freaking out because it appears Cross is headed for another season as the #2 guy.

At least they will still be able to use the "Imani needs to get more touches!!!" argument.

Wait...does this mean we all start saying how we thought Newbs was the best RB the entire time?

I forgot how this works. haha

+1..........yup, i told ya so!

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't sound like Cross was getting many looks on screens during spring ball. Considering how much they worked on the screen game, I doubt that bodes well for the fall.

There are few plays in football I love more than the HB screen. i might love the flea-flicker just a little bit more than anything. I want the HB screen to be a huge part of our offense going forward. (we can ditch the WR screen at anytime, it wouldn't bother me a bit) Cross may not have that elusive first step you sometimes need in the screen game. I still think he brings a lot as a inside runner.

I've never heard much about Cross's abilities to pick up blites as a pass blocker.

Doesn't sound like Cross was getting many looks on screens during spring ball. Considering how much they worked on the screen game, I doubt that bodes well for the fall.

There are few plays in football I love more than the HB screen. i might love the flea-flicker just a little bit more than anything. I want the HB screen to be a huge part of our offense going forward. (we can ditch the WR screen at anytime, it wouldn't bother me a bit) Cross may not have that elusive first step you sometimes need in the screen game. I still think he brings a lot as a inside runner.

I've never heard much about Cross's abilities to pick up blites as a pass blocker.

I agree 100% on the HB screen vs WR screen. Hope to see a lot more of one and zero of the other.

I agree 100% on the HB screen vs WR screen. Hope to see a lot more of one and zero of the other.

Well I hope the coaches disagree with you on the WR screen, bc I would like to see the the ball in DPE hands in space a lot this year. Usually i am not a fan of bubbles, tunnels, and spot screens but if it gets the ball in our playmakers hands then i am all for it. Hope to see our screen/draw game compliment a balanced attack we have this year.

Ron Brown with a couple thoughts on recent and current Husker RBs:

"Rex was like, 'You know what, I'm going to be a blue-collar, hit-you-in-the-mouth-type player,' and Ameer really took that on, too," Brown said.

Does Nebraska have that sort of running back in its ranks now?
"I think Adam Taylor is clearly that type," Brown said of the 6-2, 210-pound sophomore, who missed all of last season with a broken ankle. "I'm not saying he should be 'The Man,' but he's like, 'Listen, I'm a brute, and this is who I am.' He bought into that mentality. And I think, to a degree, Imani Cross did.
"Mikale Wilbon's a tough sucker, too."

LJS