Offense a work in progress

SEs #1 priority is NU Football. If he isn't able to select the right coach he is gone. Just like those before him

How sure are we that Bo Pelini was TO's #1 priority and #1 choice?

Because Osborne could have easily fired Pelini when he became aware of the first audio clip. Instead he gave Pelini a positive review and a raise, which is why Perlman and Eichorst's hands were tied when the audio was leaked to Deadspin.

Since Riley was hired, I've heard he "plays to the strengths" of who he has, and is a master developer of quarterbacks. Let's see it.......

I remember an AD who publicly stated that the reason for a coaching change was a failure to win "games that matter"

That should be the standard to which this new staff should be held. The talent is there, let's see them develop a system that makes the best use of it -- not the other way around!

They are certainly being paid more than the last staff -- let's see them earn it.

• Fire 1

It was only a 9 day search before Bo was hired. I don't know for sure if he was top choice or not, but that seems fairly quick. I know Riley's hiring only took maybe four days? And it was made clear that he was the top choice.

Does anyone think Eichorst started his coaching search after the Iowa game? I figured he was given that assignment when Harvey interviewed him.

I'm quite certain Bo Pelini was someone's #1, but I'm just not convinced he was TO's #1.

Wasn't the #1 the former HC of Wake Forest?

I thought it went Grobe(WF coach), Houston Nutt and then Bo.

Houston Nutt was a Pederson guy before we went with Callahan....? I think.

Turner Gill, and Pelini were the top targets for Osborne from what I remember, but I always thought it seemed fairly obvious who we were going with.

It was only a 9 day search before Bo was hired. I don't know for sure if he was top choice or not, but that seems fairly quick. I know Riley's hiring only took maybe four days? And it was made clear that he was the top choice.

Does anyone think Eichorst started his coaching search after the Iowa game? I figured he was given that assignment when Harvey interviewed him.

Probably after the Wisconsin game.