Offense a work in progress

It was only a 9 day search before Bo was hired. I don't know for sure if he was top choice or not, but that seems fairly quick. I know Riley's hiring only took maybe four days? And it was made clear that he was the top choice.

Does anyone think Eichorst started his coaching search after the Iowa game? I figured he was given that assignment when Harvey interviewed him.

Probably after the Wisconsin game.

Or maybe the Iowa game from the year before.

It was only a 9 day search before Bo was hired. I don't know for sure if he was top choice or not, but that seems fairly quick. I know Riley's hiring only took maybe four days? And it was made clear that he was the top choice.

Does anyone think Eichorst started his coaching search after the Iowa game? I figured he was given that assignment when Harvey interviewed him.

Aha....yeah, that would make even more sense. I probably just wasn't following there.

Aha....yeah, that would make even more sense. I probably just wasn't following there.

go further back... Perlman and Eichorst definitely wanted to fire Pelini during the Deadspin leak, but the 2 lawyers couldn't figure out a way to fire him for cause (because why did they wait until Wednesday to comment?).

Grobe wasn't actually a candidate haha my buddy made up that troll and posted it on huskersillustrated. Funny as Hell how the media etc ran with it too. Grobe himself even thought he was important

Really? Did your buddy pose as Grobe for this interview as well?

When asked if he regrets not taking the Nebraska job, Grobe doesn't hesitate. "I do now, I didn't at the time," he said. "I honestly took great pride in Wake Forest. I had some really good friends there. I trusted some people there. I thought Wake was a little different than other schools. I really, at the time, felt we were going to get a bigger commitment in terms of facilities and support for the program that never really materialized. We loved all 13 years we were in Winston-Salem, but I'm not real happy with the way things ended."

Link

• Fire 3

Grobe wasn't actually a candidate haha my buddy made up that troll and posted it on huskersillustrated. Funny as Hell how the media etc ran with it too. Grobe himself even thought he was important

When asked if he regrets not taking the Nebraska job, Grobe doesn't hesitate. "I do now, I didn't at the time," he said. "I honestly took great pride in Wake Forest. I had some really good friends there. I trusted some people there. I thought Wake was a little different than other schools. I really, at the time, felt we were going to get a bigger commitment in terms of facilities and support for the program that never really materialized. We loved all 13 years we were in Winston-Salem, but I'm not real happy with the way things ended."

Link

I already mentioned Grobe uses it as fodder for how great he was. I promise you he was never seriously considered nor contacted by TO

Link

I already mentioned Grobe uses it as fodder for how great he was. I promise you he was never seriously considered nor contacted by TO

giphy.gif

• Fire 2

Harvey is the chancellor of the university...a university that is making massive strides during his watch.

As an out-of-stater and alumnus of a different university, I am not as in touch with UNL's academics. I know we lost our AAU accreditation, and there are excuses for that. What "massive strides" have been made during his watch?

Since Riley was hired, I've heard he "plays to the strengths" of who he has, and is a master developer of quarterbacks. Let's see it.......

I'm just curious....are you ever going to say anything positive over the next 6-12 months on this board?
He's picking up the slack since the purge...

giphy.gif

Normally I would agree with Jennifer Lawrence, but Hedley isn't pulling this out of thin air:

You never answered my question.

Why did Coach Grobe make the comment less than a month ago. That he should have taken the Nebraska job when offered?

Did he make that up?

I could care less what is on a message board.

Tom Osborne offered Jim Grobe the job, Tom wanted him here. He said no.

Yes, absolutely Grobe made it up if he ever said he was offered the job. I don't know the article you are referencing, or where he even said it - but if Grobe said he was offered the job of HC at Nebraska, he 100% made it up.

I'm not even sure why this is a debate when the whole Grobe saga has been a well known running joke since the whole thing happened way back then.

I will try and find the recent article, it was on this site less than a month ago Willie, and I personally know it was not a joke. It all revolved around Shawn Watson, Tom wanting to keep him and Grobe wanting to bring his entire staff.

I am headed out now, but will try to find the latest about it. Grobe at the time was considered one of the best coaches in the country, doing far more with less than anyone else. Tom personally liked him and wanted him here.

But out of the blue a month ago a guy that was not offered the job, made the statement he should have taken the Nebraska job when it was offered.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, but I will find the recent posts regarding it on this site.

You don't have to look the article up, as I have no reason to believe you'd lie about something like that. Plus, it looks like others have referenced it.

But in all honesty, Grobe was never even contacted about the job. Why Grobe acted like he was, I don't know? Only he can answer that. Maybe it was just for giggles that he got such a huge pay raise? Again, I don't know.

I can still vividly remember how great of a troll that was by SarasotaHusker. He picked a random private flight that was coming out of NC and into Lincoln, saying Grobe was on the flight. He was laughing about doing this on another message board at the same time he was posting it on RSS. When McKewon picked it up, then ESPN, USA Today, and others picked it up, it legitimately became one of the best trolls I have ever witnessed.

So, color me confused about this one. Maybe it was one hell of a coincidence -- and Jim Grobe actually was on that flight, or otherwise contacted anyway.

giphy.gif

Normally I would agree with Jennifer Lawrence, but Hedley isn't pulling this out of thin air:

You never answered my question.

Why did Coach Grobe make the comment less than a month ago. That he should have taken the Nebraska job when offered?

Did he make that up?

I could care less what is on a message board.

Tom Osborne offered Jim Grobe the job, Tom wanted him here. He said no.

Yes, absolutely Grobe made it up if he ever said he was offered the job. I don't know the article you are referencing, or where he even said it - but if Grobe said he was offered the job of HC at Nebraska, he 100% made it up.

I'm not even sure why this is a debate when the whole Grobe saga has been a well known running joke since the whole thing happened way back then.

I will try and find the recent article, it was on this site less than a month ago Willie, and I personally know it was not a joke. It all revolved around Shawn Watson, Tom wanting to keep him and Grobe wanting to bring his entire staff.

I am headed out now, but will try to find the latest about it. Grobe at the time was considered one of the best coaches in the country, doing far more with less than anyone else. Tom personally liked him and wanted him here.

But out of the blue a month ago a guy that was not offered the job, made the statement he should have taken the Nebraska job when it was offered.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, but I will find the recent posts regarding it on this site.

You don't have to look the article up, as I have no reason to believe you'd lie about something like that. Plus, it looks like others have referenced it.

But in all honesty, Grobe was never even contacted about the job. Why Grobe acted like he was, I don't know? Only he can answer that. Maybe it was just for giggles that he got such a huge pay raise? Again, I don't know.

I can still vividly remember how great of a troll that was by SarasotaHusker. He picked a random private flight that was coming out of NC and into Lincoln, saying Grobe was on the flight. He was laughing about doing this on another message board at the same time he was posting it on RSS. When McKewon picked it up, then ESPN, USA Today, and others picked it up, it legitimately became one of the best trolls I have ever witnessed.

So, color me confused about this one. Maybe it was one hell of a coincidence -- and Jim Grobe actually was on that flight, or otherwise contacted anyway.

I know SarasotaHusker, not making up my story at all. Was a massive troll and we joke about it to this day