Offense a work in progress

The main point is being missed. The number one thing that got Bo's name in the hat here is the fact that he was here in 2003. Ppl fell in love with his passion, wanted him as coach then, and he pretty much represented the anti-Pederson. He had the in-roads. Was here for one season and made pretty drastic improvements to a struggling defense. If Pelini's not here in 2003, he's never even a candidate in 2007.

Bingo! I'm of the opinion TO was told to hire Bo by someone or some people for this exact reason. It's not that Bo was a bad hire. It's more that we really didn't look in any different direction. The concern I had about Bo from day one was the fact that he moved around a lot. He was here for one year. He was at OU as a co-defensive coordinator for what two years? He really wasn't at LSU very long either. Just his job hopping I would have thought would have been a huge concern by TO who was used to working with nearly the exact same people year in and year out while he was coaching. I firmly believe had the offense been a tad bit better in 09' and we had a huge season that year Bo Pelini wouldn't be here right now anyway. He would have jumped to a job like Florida or somewhere that's a bit easier to recruit to. He might have been Ohio States coach instead of Urban Meyer.

The main point is being missed. The number one thing that got Bo's name in the hat here is the fact that he was here in 2003. Ppl fell in love with his passion, wanted him as coach then, and he pretty much represented the anti-Pederson. He had the in-roads. Was here for one season and made pretty drastic improvements to a struggling defense. If Pelini's not here in 2003, he's never even a candidate in 2007.

Bingo! I'm of the opinion TO was told to hire Bo by someone or some people for this exact reason. It's not that Bo was a bad hire. It's more that we really didn't look in any different direction. The concern I had about Bo from day one was the fact that he moved around a lot. He was here for one year. He was at OU as a co-defensive coordinator for what two years? He really wasn't at LSU very long either. Just his job hopping I would have thought would have been a huge concern by TO who was used to working with nearly the exact same people year in and year out while he was coaching. I firmly believe had the offense been a tad bit better in 09' and we had a huge season that year Bo Pelini wouldn't be here right now anyway. He would have jumped to a job like Florida or somewhere that's a bit easier to recruit to. He might have been Ohio States coach instead of Urban Meyer.

1 year at OU. His buddy Stoops threw him a bone and let him be CoDC for a year with Mike after Nebraska let him go. Les Miles hired him prior to the 2005 season when he got the LSU job. Les was at Ok St when Bo was at OU, so I'm sure there was some sort of connection there as well, on top of how Bo in his first game at Nebraska completely shut down Les's what-was-supposed-to-be the best offense ever. Bo was LSU 3 years.

Skeptical. Riley seems like a Mr. Rogers nice guy, but we needed someone to bring the running game back to Lincoln. We're never gonna have consistent success chucking it all over the field.

I do like Bankers beefing up with the 4-3. Need more size up there to shut down the big backs from Wisconsin, Iowa, and MSU. I also think Bankers is smart enough to put a few more down linemen and fill some more gaps when a back has 2 hundy in the 2nd quarter. One can only hope...

Skeptical. Riley seems like a Mr. Rogers nice guy, but we needed someone to bring the running game back to Lincoln. We're never gonna have consistent success chucking it all over the field.

I do like Bankers beefing up with the 4-3. Need more size up there to shut down the big backs from Wisconsin, Iowa, and MSU. I also think Bankers is smart enough to put a few more down linemen and fill some more gaps when a back has 2 hundy in the 2nd quarter. One can only hope...

Riley seems to make due with what he's got pretty well. If he has a good RB, he'll ride him, e.g., Jacquizz Rodgers, et al. If they think they're going to make Armstrong into a strictly pocket passer, though, they are mistaken.

Riely seems to make due with what he's got pretty well. If he has a good RB, he'll ride him, e.g., Jacquizz Rodgers, et al. If they think there're going to make Armstrong into a strictly pocket passer, though, they are mistaken.

i think they already know that TA in the pocket is not going to be pretty, most of the time.......we'll see though.

I think their goal for the passing game is quick drops and reads. get the ball out in space and let the playmakers do their thing. Armstrong will have to be able to make a pre snap read, and then a quick and accurate throw. If he can throw the short route accurately then he will be fine. I don't think we will see a lot of deep throws this year due to our qbs limitations.

I think their goal for the passing game is quick drops and reads. get the ball out in space and let the playmakers do their thing. Armstrong will have to be able to make a pre snap read, and then a quick and accurate throw. If he can throw the short route accurately then he will be fine. I don't think we will see a lot of deep throws this year due to our qbs limitations.

the deep ball is probably Armstrong's best throw

We have running backs for days.

I remember panicking when Rex graduated.

Remember we reserve the right to run it up the middle.

if you think back, you could see Rex coming........you could see Ameer coming.......i don't see anyone coming, just yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEdY-s83Jh0

DPE. I think he shows some potential. I know PR / WR but hes a bad dude. (mute music if at work)