Offense a work in progress

The key this year is to make do with what we have. Is TA a pocket QB? No. Can he throw well enough to be above 60%? IMO, yes. Limit his reads. ID his high percentage throws and use those. Simplify the route tree, use the RB's, and use that deep ball to get teams out of the box. I was really excited last year to hear the staff went through like 2 yrs of film and was "going to use what worked". two games in I realized that was complete BS. I think (hope) that Riley and Langs will do this. If not, we are probably screwed. I figure we are 2-3 years form seeing what Riley really wants at QB. Recruit, RS, then play.....

In regards to getting "that QB" here, it depends on identifying the talent, develop that talent and build a system around that. Winning cures everything. We continue to struggle in average, bottom of the top 25 and getting blown out it hurts recruiting.

The concern I have is what highly touted QB has NU landed, kept and succeeded in recent memory......... We don't have a great history of getting that game changer here. Now some have become that i.e. Martinez, or played crazy i.e. Ganz, but what highly recruited guy have we gotten. I don't follow recruiting so maybe TA or someone was that guy.

"So many times, you’re evaluating a quarterback who has never called a play in the huddle, never used a snap count," Arians said at the end of his press conference in late February. "They hold up a card on the sideline, he kicks his foot and throws the ball. That ain’t playing quarterback. There’s no leadership involved there. There might be leadership on the bench, but when you get them and they have to use verbiage — and they have to spit the verbiage out and change the snap count — they are light years behind."

Loved this quote. I want to believe that if Armstrong (and the others) really puts in the work (study/repetition/ask questions/apply) they will do a good enough job before conference begins. By then I am hoping it clicks.

"They hold up a card on the sideline, he kicks his foot and throws the ball. That ain’t playing quarterback. There’s no leadership involved there.[/b]"

What is "the Nebraska offense under Bo Pelini"?

Well it was supposed to be basketball on grass. The only problem was that they were copying Nebrasketball

How many qbs has Riley put in the NFL? From OREGON STATE. He will find a solid pro style QB for NU on a regular basis

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/spread-offenses-rule-in-college-but-mike-riley-s-system/article_8bf90a90-990c-5090-a028-3f39333a886c.html

What point were you trying to make? That Riley groomed 3 QBs that will be on NFL rosters? None of which were worth a lick in the eyes of college coaches when they were in HS?

How many qbs has Riley put in the NFL? From OREGON STATE. He will find a solid pro style QB for NU on a regular basis

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/spread-offenses-rule-in-college-but-mike-riley-s-system/article_8bf90a90-990c-5090-a028-3f39333a886c.html

What point were you trying to make? That Riley groomed 3 QBs that will be on NFL rosters? None of which were worth a lick in the eyes of college coaches when they were in HS?

No. That seems to be a point you are trying to make. When has grooming quarterbacks for the NFL been something we've been that concerned about at Nebraska? Apparently the Oregon Ducks weren't concerned about Oregon State having pro style quarterbacks.

No. That seems to be a point you are trying to make. When has grooming quarterbacks for the NFL been something we've been that concerned about at Nebraska? Apparently the Oregon Ducks weren't concerned about Oregon State having pro style quarterbacks.

They were when they were playing the likes of Stanford....you know pro style offense with better athletes than Oregon St....something Riley will get at NU

The option is the way to go. Its why everyone including the elite GaTech and New Englund Patriots use it. *rolls eyes*. "Cant get the next elite qb to nebraska..." Jesus. Now you sound like Bo. Bortles went to f'ing central florida.

Didn't say we can't - I said we HAVEN'T. Remember when Callahan was going to take over the Big 12 with the West Coast Offense? Yeah, that worked great. That was ELEVEN seasons ago, and you can count all the pro-level QB's that've played in Lincoln on zero f'ng fingers since then. When was the last time we hung 49 on a top 10 team? When was the last time we played in an Orange Bowl-level bowl? When was the last time we broke records rather than have them broke against us?

So we're gonna be the college NE Patriots? Right. I'll certainly be looking for that. While you mock it, the option just planted it's flag in a BCS bowl, and you sound like all the analysts that said we couldn't win with it. How right were they?