Hittin' the links: Golf talk

Due to a random phone email and open schedule, I'm heading to Sand Hills GC next week! :wasted

Played there a week and half ago, what a great experience. It's a shame what the hail storm did to the area but all in all the green's rolled just fine. We also spent a day a Dismal River and two days at Prairie Club. Great trip, 135 holes in four days of golf! Whew!

Love a win over Wisconsin!

The hail did a lot of damage in that area but not anywhere else we went, crazy! SH, when you drive in, it's very noticeable with the tree's looking brown and possibly dead. The 4 foot high grass, where you never should be, is now about a foot high. The greens were fine just not looking the best. Nancy told us that guest's cars were for the most part under ice and had to be shoveled out.

Like I said the course played great, the staff was great and the whole experience was great!

Say hi to the girls at the bar, from the guys at OC in Charleston SC, and get a double bloody mary every chance you get!

Buddy of mine had a hole-in-one in league last night. First swing of the club for the night--at the hole right behind us, about 40 yds from our tee box. Come to think of it, I never got my free drink!

• Fire 1

Buddy of mine had a hole-in-one in league last night. First swing of the club for the night--at the hole right behind us, about 40 yds from our tee box. Come to think of it, I never got my free drink!

That is awesome! Have you had one yet? I have been ------- this close a few times but can't get them to drop.

That is awesome! Have you had one yet? I have been ------- this close a few times but can't get them to drop.

Nope, never had one. I've hit the flag a couple times. Never been closer than two feet (where the ball ended up).

Longest shot I've holed was at a scramble last summer. I put one in from 120 yards on a par four for an eagle. But since it was a scramble it wasn't really my eagle.

$_12.JPG

Bought a 60 degree Vokey BV 260-06 wedge on the eBay. It matches the Vokey 48, 52 and 56 wedges I have in my bag now. Haven't hit it yet. It just arrived this morning. Can't wait to toss some up on the green with this thing. Not sure whether I'll put it in the bag for rounds. But it'll be fun to fool around with. :lol:

Needed three pars on my last three holes to hit 40 on the back nine last night. (On holes rated #16, #2 and #10 for the course.) Played them par, par, birdie for a 39. That's a pretty good score for my humble game. Got a real lucky bounce on that birdie! :lol:

I'm luvin' that Adam XTD three-wood I got the other day.

• Fire 1

Due to a random phone email and open schedule, I'm heading to Sand Hills GC next week! :wasted

How'd you like Sand Hills? Was it as exclusive and great as everyone says it is? :lol:

It is my favorite place on the planet. I just got back, we played 61 holes on Tuesday.

11889547_699207980092_209914510022963287

• Fire 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Learned a new shot recently. Sometimes you need to hit a low punch shotlike when you need to hit beneath a tree or something. Before, I would usually hit that shot with a 4-iron, the lowest iron I carry in my bag. But I have problems keeping my hands far enough ahead at impact, and the ball generally rises to 10 or 12 feet. So I've been working on a low punch shot with my 3-wood. With this new 3-wood punch shot I can hit a low stinger that stays in the air for about 50 or 60 yds, while staying under 6 feet or so off the ground. Really comes in handy when you need to punch out forward to have any shot at making par. :lol: