Hittin' the links: Golf talk

Any of you guys ever get elbow pain? I started getting it everytime I played this year. It's on the outsides of both my elbow. I think it could be from too tight of a grip, because after a few months off from playing and lifting weights I can still feel it somewhat.

Seems like it wouldn't likely be caused by golf, and especially, by your golf grip. Unless you really, really have a chokehold on your clubs.

Then again, I don't claim to know anything about medicine, or golf either. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol:

It definitely occurred because of golf. It came about as my frequency of play increased.
Need to do more curls and forearms, brah.

Any of you guys ever get elbow pain? I started getting it everytime I played this year. It's on the outsides of both my elbow. I think it could be from too tight of a grip, because after a few months off from playing and lifting weights I can still feel it somewhat.

Seems like it wouldn't likely be caused by golf, and especially, by your golf grip. Unless you really, really have a chokehold on your clubs.

Then again, I don't claim to know anything about medicine, or golf either. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol:

It definitely occurred because of golf. It came about as my frequency of play increased.
Need to do more curls and forearms, brah.
I'm not going to say your wrong (always thought my arms were smaller) but I don't know if that's going to work...

What we thought ZRod's arms looked like:

Popeye-Cartoon-Character-Biography-Histo

===========================================================================================

What ZRod's arms actually look like:

weak.jpg

• Fire 1

Made a little progress off the tee this past week. Starting my backswing by taking the club back low and slow slightly inside, then with a downswing through the ball slightly in-to-out with closed clubface. This gives me the nice little draw I had last season. I had great consistency doing this at the range on Saturday with a bucket of balls. Less so on the course yesterday. (But better than before.) My tee shots are still very much a work in progress.

In the mean time, my short game has improved some, but is still inconsistent. I need to spend several practice sessions really concentrating on distance control with short wedge shots, and short pitch shots onto the green. Say, within 20 yds of the green. If I could groove several short wedge shot distances I could probly drop several strokes per round. Say, a known swing for a 20 yd shot, a 15 yd shot and a 10 yd shot, etc. I should be making more up-and-downs from < 20 yds off the green.

I played yesterday at Indian Trails, south of Beemer, NE. It's a great course, I am a bit biased, because I grew up playing there. The course sits on the bluff above the Elkhorn river, so there some very scenic views from a couple of holes, especially #3 and #11. There are quite a bit of elevated shots to some very slick greens. The course will challenge you. It's well worth the drive. If you look in the Omaha paper, they have coupons where you can pay $40 and play as many holes as you can get in before dark.

I played in a Kansas Amateur qualifier yesterday. I struggled on the front but birdied four straight on the back to post 74 and finish 8th out of 84. I'm moving on to Wichita!

You gonna be able to make it down to the Wichita Country Club to play any practice rounds before the Kansas Amateur?

Played in a 4th O' July scramble on Saturday. I had the best day driving the ball that I've ever had. Straight and decent length pretty much all day. Then played Sunday to help groove that swing, with mixed results. Oh well.

My scramble team finished 3rd with 11 under. Think I got like $50 or $60 in pro shop credit for it. Woo hoo!

• Fire 1

You gonna be able to make it down to the Wichita Country Club to play any practice rounds before the Kansas Amateur?

I'm working on that! We get one practice round on the Monday before it starts. However, I'd really like to get down there to see it before then. I've heard it is a really great track, tree-lined with small greens. I am hoping for firm conditions and fast greens!

Played for the first time in months and had a really good day. I pretty much 2 putted almost all the holes. The highlight of my day was chipping one in from a bunker about 15 feet away. It's been at least 3 years since I've done that.

My overall score wasn't too good because I was trying to learn how to produce back spin on my approach shots, but they ended up being flop shots costing me a couple strokes every few holes.

I'm working on that! We get one practice round on the Monday before it starts. However, I'd really like to get down there to see it before then. I've heard it is a really great track, tree-lined with small greens. I am hoping for firm conditions and fast greens!

Yeah, seems like playing a couple rounds might just shave a stroke or two off your game. Maybe.

It's in a couple weeks, right? Keep us posted. And Good Luck! :lol:

I played my favorite course out here in the Denver area. I was playing ok, then made a few putts and a chip in to birdie holes 8-10. I found myself 1 under par thru 10 holes. I said to myself I could go +4 over my last 8 holes to tie my personal best score of 75. Of course, that didn't happen. I pretty much fell apart and stopped making the mid-range putt. Ended up shooting a 77 (+5) so I was happy. I just couldn't handle the pressure I put on myself.

• Fire 1