Pelini Finds Comfort at Home

You only have to go back a few months to find a very large contingent of HuskerBoard that simply didn't tolerate this level of Bo-bashing.

Even though he was the exact same guy.

Yeah, it's the group think deal where they take a side and stick to it and bash like hell anyone of an opposing view. Then, just before the opposing view is about to win the day, the former group quickly flips their view to the winning side and claim it as being their own all along. It happened when Cali was canned too--all the Cali lovers instantly became haters.

I think Mark Twain or some other smart guy had a pithy quote describing this phenomenon, though I can't recall it at this time.

Anyway, c'est la vie...

I have to disagree. I was a huge supporter of his until about mid-way of last years season. People were coming up to me (I live out of state) and asking me if I still wanted him as a coach after what he said about the fans in the leaked audio. Until half way, I was saying yes. After that, I wanted him gone ASAP. Can't exactly remember what changed my mind, but it came quicker then a F5 tornado.

As for Billy, I was pissed the second I heard that he was going to be our next coach. Don't know how, but my gut was telling me it was a mistake. Once I heard he received an extension, I was cussing and screaming "why?".

Your situation is not what I am describing. What I'm talking about is when right up to the point where the seat is so hot and evryone starts seeing the writing on the wall. That's when the disingenuous flippers flip and pretend they were onboard all along. Sort of like what happens in a political revolution.

Personally, I supported BOP since he maintained the 9.5 game winning average and knew it would be a big time crap shoot trying to replace him. Thought he did a decent job holding up the integerity of the program, even though he was rough around the edges as a PR guy. I really don't care he called Eich a p***y--maybe he is. However, the struggles against the likes of MN and IA and blowouts were wearing real thin on me such that I had no problem about him being replaced in the end.

I remember a year ago someone mentioning that they thought Riley would be a good replacement and I specifically recall shuttering in horror and making a fairly elaborate case as to why Riley would be one of the last guys you'd want as the coach as per the themes that he had never really won anything and was somewhat of a has been. Now that I know more about the guy, I can see him as a pretty good choice and hope he gets it done. Still not convinced he will though, or do any better than BOP.

I was and still am real high on Justin Fuente, think he would've been a stellar get. McElwaine would've probably been even better.

• Fire 1

You only have to go back a few months to find a very large contingent of HuskerBoard that simply didn't tolerate this level of Bo-bashing.

Even though he was the exact same guy.

Yeah, it's the group think deal where they take a side and stick to it and bash like hell anyone of an opposing view. Then, just before the opposing view is about to win the day, the former group quickly flips their view to the winning side and claim it as being their own all along. It happened when Cali was canned too--all the Cali lovers instantly became haters.

I think Mark Twain or some other smart guy had a pithy quote describing this phenomenon, though I can't recall it at this time.

Anyway, c'est la vie...

I have to disagree. I was a huge supporter of his until about mid-way of last years season. People were coming up to me (I live out of state) and asking me if I still wanted him as a coach after what he said about the fans in the leaked audio. Until half way, I was saying yes. After that, I wanted him gone ASAP. Can't exactly remember what changed my mind, but it came quicker then a F5 tornado.

As for Billy, I was pissed the second I heard that he was going to be our next coach. Don't know how, but my gut was telling me it was a mistake. Once I heard he received an extension, I was cussing and screaming "why?".

Your situation is not what I am describing. What I'm talking about is when right up to the point where the seat is so hot and evryone starts seeing the writing on the wall. That's when the disingenuous flippers flip and pretend they were onboard all along. Sort of like what happens in a political revolution.

Personally, I supported BOP since he maintained the 9.5 game winning average and knew it would be a big time crap shoot trying to replace him. Thought he did a decent job holding up the integerity of the program, even though he was rough around the edges as a PR guy. I really don't care he called Eich a p***y--maybe he is. However, the struggles against the likes of MN and IA and blowouts were wearing real thin on me such that I had no problem about him being replaced in the end.

I remember a year ago someone mentioning that they thought Riley would be a good replacement and I specifically recall shuttering in horror and making a fairly elaborate case as to why Riley would be one of the last guys you'd want as the coach as per the themes that he had never really won anything and was somewhat of a has been. Now that I know more about the guy, I can see him as a pretty good choice and hope he gets it done. Still not convinced he will though, or do any better than BOP.

I was and still am real high on Justin Fuente, think he would've been a stellar get. McElwaine would've probably been even better.

So you do, or don't support the new coaching staff?

I supported Bo up until the MSU letdown I think. Thats when I knew the stagnation had truly cemented it's place. To go on the road and compete with that team and keep it close the whole way, yet under perform in every aspect of the game was just completely hard to watch. We had a team capable of winning every game last year, yet a staff that seemed enthralled with doing the opposite of what would work on game day.

Wisconsin was the FINISH HIM game. Come out like a ball of fire, only to piss away a comfy lead and get blown out to boot. Gimme a break. Put the ego aside and admit you need help patching the leaks, he might still be here if he would have done that last year.

We are to play Youngstown University in 2017 noncon

Big Ten teams aren't to schedule FCS teams.

Even if it happened, Bo probably isn't YSU coach in 2017.

Yes, I know but this article says different. Bo could still be there, you never know.

http://www.cornnation.com/2015/4/1/8321439/nebraska-announces-home-and-home-series-with-youngstown-state

Edited by NebraskaShellback

Yes, I know but this article says different. Bo could still be there, you never know.

http://www.cornnation.com/2015/4/1/8321439/nebraska-announces-home-and-home-series-with-youngstown-state

You fell for a lame April Fool's article.

You fell for a lame April Fool's article.

Having fun yet? :LOLtartar Off season has been very boring.