Pelini Finds Comfort at Home

I love how you guys take that one line he says personally, like he is attacking YOU! THE FANBASE! THE STATE OF NEBRASKA!

Did you ever think, he was talking about UNL? about the leadership at UNL?

No, because everything he says is directed at YOU, THE FAN! THE JOE BLO IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER SCREEN!

I love how you guys take that one line he says personally, like he is attacking YOU! THE FANBASE! THE STATE OF NEBRASKA!

No, because everything he says is directed at YOU, THE FAN! THE JOE BLO IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER SCREEN!

lolwut

Who said that they were being attacked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VROoTjQujmE

That's what it seems like to me. And why would a recording at a high school at a so called private meeting with a hundred players have anything to do with the leadership of UNL?

Bo could not have been more clear in his attack on fans, media, state and anyone who ever doubted him than he was after the Ohio State game in 2011, when Nebraska had just staged the biggest comeback in Husker history and all Bo Pelini could do was rage in vindictive self-pity.

It became about UNL leadership when UNL leadership finally fired him.

Before that, it was about the expectations Nebraska fans put on the well-compensated head coach leading the program they have loyally supported for decades.

And before this recent spate of revisionist history, you'd have to conclude that Nebraska fans were more forgiving of Bo Pelini than he probably deserved.

• Fire 2

It wasn't just a private moment after that tOSU game, either. He spent the press conference going after Dirk Chatelain.

Nobody feels Bo Pelini is personally insulting them. We're just expressing distaste that a guy with so little class was ever given the position to begin with. He was Nebraska football for 7 years. You can forgive a guy for not winning enough games; it's not easy to win conference titles, after all. You can't forgive a guy for spitting on the brand.

You only have to go back a few months to find a very large contingent of HuskerBoard that simply didn't tolerate this level of Bo-bashing.

Even though he was the exact same guy.

Yeah, it's the group think deal where they take a side and stick to it and bash like hell anyone of an opposing view. Then, just before the opposing view is about to win the day, the former group quickly flips their view to the winning side and claim it as being their own all along. It happened when Cali was canned too--all the Cali lovers instantly became haters.

I think Mark Twain or some other smart guy had a pithy quote describing this phenomenon, though I can't recall it at this time.

Anyway, c'est la vie...

Let's see, what was the difference between the time leading up to end of November and ever since? Maybe a lot of us don't feel like bashing the head coach of the Nebraska football team is a productive thing to do. But Bo's gone now, and while he may be the same guy he is no longer the head coach at the school I went to and root for, so I have no such loyalty.

• Fire 1

I don't usually wish bad a someone but in this case I can't wait for him to fail. Just so he can blame that administration or fan base for not kissing his ass while giving up 500 yards rushing. Give it time he will get fired from there too.

Speaking of 500 yards rushing, here's a date and time for you: 11/14/2015 @ 1 pm Central

Bo will get to exhibit his defensive prowess at home against NDSU. I hope that I can get a feed.

And this one regarding the tape that was released: "'I think it's sad that it came out," Pelini said. "That's what's wrong with that place.'"

Read what y'all want into this article but I think those two quotes say everything there is to be said about Pelini. He lacks class and nothing is his fault.

"That's what's wrong with that place.'" That is like the arsonist blaming the fireman for putting out the fire. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Obviously, the guy is a bitter man but it didn't start wt his firing at NU. His antics at NU were driven by his bitterness. It is amazing that it didn't show more than it did - the only reason he stayed 7 years at NU.

And this one regarding the tape that was released: "'I think it's sad that it came out," Pelini said. "That's what's wrong with that place.'"

I find this interesting as well. Because it's pretty safe and easy to say that if any other coach acts in such a way ANYWHERE, it's probably recorded and released as well. The audio instances of Bo completely flipping out (one of which I defended and actually still do as discussed many times before, for it was an assumed moment of privacy with a friend/confidant as was many times prior) are NOT A NEBRASKA PROBLEM. Theyre a Bo problem. The fact that it doesnt happen anywhere else is because Bo is a few and proud to be nuts enough to openly say such rants about the place he works/worked.

He is absolutely an ego-driven guy and there's nothing especially "wrong" with Nebraska. Bo Peep doesn't want to accept that he lives in a world where if you go on a tirade about your ex in front of dozens of people, it's practically impossible to keep it under wraps. It's not 1980 anymore.

I think Bo is probably a decent guy, but his comment about "Thats what is wrong with that place" pretty much sums up why Bo didnt work out at Nebraska and now coaches an FCS school.

Nebraska is a very tough place to coach... but that doesnt mean you need to act like a child. He knew there was a legit chance that his tirade would be recorded, and yet he still had to get the last word.

Also, how hard is it to point the thumb? I believe these are his first public statements about Nebraska since he was fired. A person with class might thank the fans for his time there. But no, Bo goes with "no apologies" and "that's what's wrong with that place."

It's kind of absurd that he even feels wronged. How about a "Thanks NU, for completely handing the reigns of your flagship football program to me for seven years." That opportunity is the only reason anyone in the national media cares enough to write an AP story about the new Youngstown State coach.

I don't know why he says "That's what's wrong with that place," when we are paying him millions of dollars for doing nothing. Youngstown state will be paying him less than Nebraska will so I guess he is sore about getting fired and doesn't care about getting paid a ton of money. If he continues to take shots at the admin, they should not fire back, rather call Tressel and schedule a game against Youngstown State and lets see how much we can put up on his defense running fly sweeps lol.

So his own recruits sell him out and "That's what's wrong with that place."? f#*k off.

I'm talking about this garbage right here.

Just glad Polo isn't here for this...

We have a new Polo on the board if you didn't know. TheSker has taken up the burden of criticizing our head coach every time he posts.

There is a huge difference between criticizing a coach who has earned that criticism over a 7 year span and running your yapper about a coach who hasn't been on the sideline for even one stinking game yet. Polo and TheSker have absolutely nothing in common. I do wish their status as posters was the same though....

• Fire 1

Read what y'all want into this article but I think those two quotes say everything there is to be said about Pelini. He lacks class and nothing is his fault.

"That's what's wrong with that place.'" That is like the arsonist blaming the fireman for putting out the fire. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Obviously, the guy is a bitter man but it didn't start wt his firing at NU. His antics at NU were driven by his bitterness. It is amazing that it didn't show more than it did - the only reason he stayed 7 years at NU.

I find this interesting as well. Because it's pretty safe and easy to say that if any other coach acts in such a way ANYWHERE, it's probably recorded and released as well. The audio instances of Bo completely flipping out (one of which I defended and actually still do as discussed many times before, for it was an assumed moment of privacy with a friend/confidant as was many times prior) are NOT A NEBRASKA PROBLEM. Theyre a Bo problem. The fact that it doesnt happen anywhere else is because Bo is a few and proud to be nuts enough to openly say such rants about the place he works/worked.

He is absolutely an ego-driven guy and there's nothing especially "wrong" with Nebraska. Bo Peep doesn't want to accept that he lives in a world where if you go on a tirade about your ex in front of dozens of people, it's practically impossible to keep it under wraps. It's not 1980 anymore.

I think Bo is probably a decent guy, but his comment about "Thats what is wrong with that place" pretty much sums up why Bo didnt work out at Nebraska and now coaches an FCS school.

Nebraska is a very tough place to coach... but that doesnt mean you need to act like a child. He knew there was a legit chance that his tirade would be recorded, and yet he still had to get the last word.

Also, how hard is it to point the thumb? I believe these are his first public statements about Nebraska since he was fired. A person with class might thank the fans for his time there. But no, Bo goes with "no apologies" and "that's what's wrong with that place."

It's kind of absurd that he even feels wronged. How about a "Thanks NU, for completely handing the reigns of your flagship football program to me for seven years." That opportunity is the only reason anyone in the national media cares enough to write an AP story about the new Youngstown State coach.

I don't know why he says "That's what's wrong with that place," when we are paying him millions of dollars for doing nothing. Youngstown state will be paying him less than Nebraska will so I guess he is sore about getting fired and doesn't care about getting paid a ton of money. If he continues to take shots at the admin, they should not fire back, rather call Tressel and schedule a game against Youngstown State and lets see how much we can put up on his defense running fly sweeps lol.

So his own recruits sell him out and "That's what's wrong with that place."? f#*k off.

I'm talking about this garbage right here.

Your reading comprehension is poor when it comes to these quotes. I don't see anything you quoted where someone seems to be taking things personally or accuses Pelini of attacking the fan base, and in most/all of the statements where Nebraska is mentioned, it's implied that they're talking about the University of Nebraska, not the state. Leadership is also implied. e.g. in the mentions of what Pelini is getting paid.

• Fire 2

You only have to go back a few months to find a very large contingent of HuskerBoard that simply didn't tolerate this level of Bo-bashing.

Even though he was the exact same guy.

Yeah, it's the group think deal where they take a side and stick to it and bash like hell anyone of an opposing view. Then, just before the opposing view is about to win the day, the former group quickly flips their view to the winning side and claim it as being their own all along. It happened when Cali was canned too--all the Cali lovers instantly became haters.

I think Mark Twain or some other smart guy had a pithy quote describing this phenomenon, though I can't recall it at this time.

Anyway, c'est la vie...

I have to disagree. I was a huge supporter of his until about mid-way of last years season. People were coming up to me (I live out of state) and asking me if I still wanted him as a coach after what he said about the fans in the leaked audio. Until half way, I was saying yes. After that, I wanted him gone ASAP. Can't exactly remember what changed my mind, but it came quicker then a F5 tornado.

As for Billy, I was pissed the second I heard that he was going to be our next coach. Don't know how, but my gut was telling me it was a mistake. Once I heard he received an extension, I was cussing and screaming "why?".