Pelini Finds Comfort at Home

Personally, the most relevant thing in the article of me, as a lawyer, was the statement that he had "other opportunities" in college football and/or NFL. In order for Nebraska to be required to pay his buy out he had a duty to mitigate his damages. In other words, he had to go make as much money as possible somewhere else. Assuming the "other opportunities" were real, I can't imagine any paid less than YSU, and it sure seems like he chose YSU because it was home, he is already rich, but he had a duty to mitigate. Nebraska should sue him to terminate the buy out for failure to mitigate. Eff that guy.

Personally, the most relevant thing in the article of me, as a lawyer, was the statement that he had "other opportunities" in college football and/or NFL. In order for Nebraska to be required to pay his buy out he had a duty to mitigate his damages. In other words, he had to go make as much money as possible somewhere else. Assuming the "other opportunities" were real, I can't imagine any paid less than YSU, and it sure seems like he chose YSU because it was home, he is already rich, but he had a duty to mitigate. Nebraska should sue him to terminate the buy out for failure to mitigate. Eff that guy.

"Pelini said he had job opportunities at bigger schools and in the NFL" I would love to see the University cram that statement in his pie hole.... and if he says it was mis-quoted... make him publicly denounce it by admitting no one else wanted him...

quick...someone shot that article off to Eichorst.

"Nebraska, I thought, was very unique in that way in that there's a lot of things that kind of went with it that were beyond the football," Pelini said in the AP story. "It's just part of the deal."

It's part of the deal at Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State, too, Oklahoma and LSU -- at both of which Pelini worked as defensive coordinator -- Florida State, Alabama and a few others.

And here's what matters for Nebraska as it moves forward: new coach Mike Riley understands that all of the attention is not just part of the deal in Lincoln but essential to the historical success of the program. Riley, the Pac-12 veteran who played under Bear Bryant at Alabama, knows he is not alone, that other coaches operate in similar conditions.

At times, Pelini seemed convinced his situation rated worse than the majority of others in his line of work, when, no doubt, just the opposite was true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/117428/another-word-on-nebraska-from-bo-pelini

Good article by Mitch Sherman.

• Fire 2

"Nebraska, I thought, was very unique in that way in that there's a lot of things that kind of went with it that were beyond the football," Pelini said in the AP story. "It's just part of the deal."

It's part of the deal at Michigan and Ohio State and Penn State, too, Oklahoma and LSU -- at both of which Pelini worked as defensive coordinator -- Florida State, Alabama and a few others.

And here's what matters for Nebraska as it moves forward: new coach Mike Riley understands that all of the attention is not just part of the deal in Lincoln but essential to the historical success of the program. Riley, the Pac-12 veteran who played under Bear Bryant at Alabama, knows he is not alone, that other coaches operate in similar conditions.

At times, Pelini seemed convinced his situation rated worse than the majority of others in his line of work, when, no doubt, just the opposite was true.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/117428/another-word-on-nebraska-from-bo-pelini

Good article by Mitch Sherman.

So basically, Bo admits that he cant handle all of the "extras" that come with being head of a traditional blueblood with high expectations. Shocking.

Like I've said about Riley from day one. Trying to combat and ignore and treating all the extras as a nuisance and embracing them and manipulating them to your advantage is the difference between purgatory and "getting over the hump". it's what I believe at this point. I guarantee you there are times Riley's in a mood where he just "doesnt wanna deal with the bullsh#t" but understands that it's part of the gig. And the harmony of doing so in the long run is very beneficial. Not from day one did we ever have the feeling that Bo understood this. And when the seat got warm, the pressure really cranked up.

I don't consider BOP a "bad coach" or "bad person" because of profanity laden rants. Plenty of coaches carry on similarly and are considered to be great coaches. Case in point: Auggie Garrido, considered by many to be the greatest college baseball coach ever:

Winning championships helps the reputation.

You only have to go back a few months to find a very large contingent of HuskerBoard that simply didn't tolerate this level of Bo-bashing.

Even though he was the exact same guy.

Yeah, it's the group think deal where they take a side and stick to it and bash like hell anyone of an opposing view. Then, just before the opposing view is about to win the day, the former group quickly flips their view to the winning side and claim it as being their own all along. It happened when Cali was canned too--all the Cali lovers instantly became haters.

I think Mark Twain or some other smart guy had a pithy quote describing this phenomenon, though I can't recall it at this time.

Anyway, c'est la vie...

If he continues to take shots at the admin, they should not fire back, rather call Tressel and schedule a game against Youngstown State and lets see how much we can put up on his defense running fly sweeps lol.

A Riley coached team playing a lower division opponent......no thanks.....Riley doesn't have the best track record at that.

Once again, another gem of a post, nice agenda you're pushing here. This thread has nothing to do about Mike Riley does it? So stay on topic because the game is getting old.

How dare he bring things like 'facts' into a post.

There's nothing wrong to reply with a semi-sarcastic post in response to another semi-sarcastic post. The funniest part is that they're both right. Nebraska would likely pummel Youngstown State, but Mike Riley has often struggled against FCS teams in recent years.

The problem is this guy brings this kind of sh*t into every single topic in this forum.

• Fire 2